Main Menu

Carlton forward-line?

Started by bensomerford, March 27, 2010, 04:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bensomerford

What did people thnk of Carlton's forward-line against Richmond?
Here's a story on this topic.....

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/03/26/have-carlton-found-their-fevola-replacement/

ossie85

The Carlton forward-line got drunk on Brownlow night and was sent to Brisbane for a set of steak knives. What, you didn't hear?

No, as impressive as the Blues were last night, let's wait until it comes up against the decent defensive sides and not the rabble that is currently Richmond, i.e. Geelong, St. Kilda, Bulldogs, Collingwood, Adelaide and Sydney. They keep scoring against them, then I'll take notice.

Justin Bieber

agree with ossie. can't judge them with a below par richmond defence.

if they can do it with any of the big 4 (cats, saints, dogs or pies) then i might take notice.

Cruiseon

I haven't given much thought to Carlton's forward line. Like most opposition coaches this year it is not worth much thought because it is showere!

No backline, no forward line, average ruck division, its lucky your midfield is ok because its going to have to carry the entire team!!!!!!

This week will tell all. Which team has come further since that beautiful September night last year when Carlton, playing its first final in about 10 years, choked the big one.

Cruiseon

And seeing as no Carlton supporters want to answer the question - I can confirm the answer is Brisbane!!!!!!!!!

CFC 1979

Quote from: Cruiseon on March 31, 2010, 08:41:38 AM

I haven't given much thought to Carlton's forward line. Like most opposition coaches this year it is not worth much thought because it is showere!

No backline, no forward line, average ruck division, its lucky your midfield is ok because its going to have to carry the entire team!!!!!!

This week will tell all. Which team has come further since that beautiful September night last year when Carlton, playing its first final in about 10 years, choked the big one.

now now Cruis - everyone knows the biggest chokers in the league are the pies

ossie85

Really? Carlton haven't won a flag since 1987, so I wouldn't throw stones (1995 doesn't count cos of the cheating, before you ask).

CFC 1979

Quote from: ossie85 on April 09, 2010, 01:24:59 AM

Really? Carlton haven't won a flag since 1987, so I wouldn't throw stones (1995 doesn't count cos of the cheating, before you ask).

ossie - ask yourself   how many loosing grand finals have collingwood played in ?

There is my answer

MissPiesFF

Betts (and so he should, he is a great player, just can't have him running full forward but playing deep maybe BP) looks like he may put another rabbit out of his hat vs Ess, as will Carazzo, Houlihan and really wanting Mitch to step up to the plate ( fark I sound like baseball). I think Mitch is under-rated and will get some very nice DT/SC scores this week.

PS. Talking bout the Blues vs Ess in my reply

ELLsendon

Pav29

Carltons Forward line is the 3 aborigional boys. A Lot of skill and charisma within them 3.