port adelaide, st kilda

Started by Pokerface, March 04, 2020, 12:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokerface

Quote from: Belegur on March 05, 2020, 04:58:53 PM
Is there any confirmation of how this will actually work? AFL website has the game listed as Rd 11 even though the date is during Rd 12. I think we need some explanation of how the scoring will work from the rule makers before any adjustments are made. Link if this exist please

I know this link is just Fantasy not SC, but they've tended to follow each other around bye operations. I'd be working on this assumption for now unless further info comes out
https://www.afl.com.au/news/381399/fantasy-how-the-rescheduled-shanghai-game-affects-your-team

Belegur

Yeah cheers, did read it. Not sure this is definitive though, it's written by Warnie and although he's probably in the loop as far as I know he has nothing to do with the running of the competition, they are more glorified players, he didn't list any reference so may be assuming like the rest of us. Also like you have said the competitions are generally pretty parallel although they've diverged over recent years in many rules.

My assumption is the same but I would like them to confirm it. If you've got 200,000 people entering a competition its pretty easy to send out an official clarification when something abnormal happens that could cause confusion, especially when there's time to do it before the kick off

Pokerface

Quote from: Belegur on March 05, 2020, 08:45:26 PM
Yeah cheers, did read it. Not sure this is definitive though, it's written by Warnie and although he's probably in the loop as far as I know he has nothing to do with the running of the competition, they are more glorified players, he didn't list any reference so may be assuming like the rest of us. Also like you have said the competitions are generally pretty parallel although they've diverged over recent years in many rules.

My assumption is the same but I would like them to confirm it. If you've got 200,000 people entering a competition its pretty easy to send out an official clarification when something abnormal happens that could cause confusion, especially when there's time to do it before the kick off

Yeah that's a fair call Belegur, I agree. The Point Scoring section in the Help page at SC still says 'CLUB BYES AND 'BEST 18' SCORING IN 2020 There will be three rounds (12, 13 & 14) in 2020 where six teams respectively will have a bye in each round.' etc