Doggies mids

Started by bkimm32, March 01, 2020, 11:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkimm32

Macrae, Dunkley and Bontempelli

Who is everyone starting with and why?

Money Shot

All 3 are a genuine chance of being top 5 this year in my opinion.

Macrae has the runs on the board as an Uber premium. Can’t go wrong with him!

Dunkley seems to have the highest ceiling but does only have half a season of monster scores and is priced at over 600k. Should be a safe pick but for me is a wait and see.

Bont is the one I like. Champion data love him and he is the real game winner out of the 3. Also at the age where he should really be hitting his prime.

dylanclements

Quote from: Money Shot on March 02, 2020, 08:42:17 AM
All 3 are a genuine chance of being top 5 this year in my opinion.

Macrae has the runs on the board as an Uber premium. Can’t go wrong with him!

Dunkley seems to have the highest ceiling but does only have half a season of monster scores and is priced at over 600k. Should be a safe pick but for me is a wait and see.

Bont is the one I like. Champion data love him and he is the real game winner out of the 3. Also at the age where he should really be hitting his prime.

This is exactly how I'm thinking. Macrae should be good for 125-130. I'm hoping Bont finds sixth gear this season and works out a way to 130 too. I'm starting both.

oh_lol

Quote from: dylanclements on March 02, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
I'm hoping Bont finds sixth gear this season and works out a way to 130 too. I'm starting both.

I am hoping the same thing. Hopefully he has a 6th gear, would hate to see him shove it into reverse thinking there is a 6 gears.

Wanderer

Macrae a lock for me because he plays in the guts 100% of the time.
The question is how much time will Bont and Dunkley play forward?

MontyJnr

Quote from: Wanderer on March 03, 2020, 08:13:39 PM

How true is this though? I swear I recall a period in the middle of last year where Macrae was pushed out to half forward to allow Libba to play in the guts.

FWIW I have none of the Dogs mids in my side currently.

Colley Dogs

Bontempelli.

Everyone knows the pros and cons. My reason is gut feel.

Also... playing Cripps into Bont with my VC/C Round 1.

Wanderer

Quote from: MontyJnr on March 07, 2020, 10:32:16 AM
Quote from: Wanderer on March 03, 2020, 08:13:39 PM

How true is this though? I swear I recall a period in the middle of last year where Macrae was pushed out to half forward to allow Libba to play in the guts.

FWIW I have none of the Dogs mids in my side currently.
Ok, let me rephrase it then. Macrae is the least likeliest to be moved up forward. I haven't seen the stats but I would bet he played the most % of his time in the guts out of the three.

Mahogany

I’ve actually had Bont, Dunk and Macrae in my midfield for a few weeks now and been really happy with it, but after today not sure. Anyone watch the game? Any particular reason for the low scores?

shaker

Quote from: Mahogany on March 07, 2020, 08:36:21 PM
I’ve actually had Bont, Dunk and Macrae in my midfield for a few weeks now and been really happy with it, but after today not sure. Anyone watch the game? Any particular reason for the low scores?
Marsh cup.

jfitty

I’ve dropped Macrae down to Dunkley to free up some cash, not minding the look of that at all

Mat0369

I like Dunkley a lot if I know Libba is out long term. He unfortunately isn't out long term and it's something nuts like a 30 point swing. Macrae seems the safest bet and has done it multiple years. If I'm spending $600,000+ on a mid I want to make sure they're locked in for top 10.

enzedder

Had them all in my team at different stages but with more mid pricers appearing in my team I’m looking at starting Macrae now. He’s become affordable. He is the safest pick and a genuine VC/C option every week.

tommy10

Quote from: enzedder on March 10, 2020, 06:09:10 AM
Had them all in my team at different stages but with more mid pricers appearing in my team I’m looking at starting Macrae now. He’s become affordable. He is the safest pick and a genuine VC/C option every week.
Same here, toyed the idea with Dunkley and Bont but you know what you're going to get with Macrae especially him being an option for vc/c. Bont and Dunks still great options, can also see Bont taking up a notch this year, but I feel more safer with picking Macrae. Always gonna be in the guts.

_wato

Was not keen on Dunkley at all. Until I saw he was only owned by 11% of owners.

And then I also remembered he was 3rd in total points of any mid just behind Macrae and Neale last year. 5th in total.
And that was after being wasted for several weeks up forward. Bevo won’t do that again.

GIVE ME THAT MAN