Main Menu

Utility for 2020

Started by Grazz, February 13, 2020, 01:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Anyone have a full grasp on how we can use the new position of Utility for 2020. What strategies are people contemplating with it.

jvalles69

Quote from: Grazz on February 13, 2020, 01:49:27 PM
Anyone have a full grasp on how we can use the new position of Utility for 2020. What strategies are people contemplating with it.

Personally I think it will become handy when you're fully upgraded and can hold a bench premo in the spot to plug in for injuries virtually anywhere on your team, will reduce the need to sideways trade.

Handy in the early stages for bringing in an extra rookie to make cash who will actually play as opposed to having a non-playing bench ruck.

I'm sure new tactics will develop as the season unfolds. :)

Football Factory

Not really sure to be honest .. at the start there might be better/more options in one position in regards to rooks so i will look to do that to start with.

Grazz

Quote from: jvalles69 on February 13, 2020, 02:08:56 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 13, 2020, 01:49:27 PM

Personally I think it will become handy when you're fully upgraded and can hold a bench premo in the spot to plug in for injuries virtually anywhere on your team, will reduce the need to sideways trade.

Handy in the early stages for bringing in an extra rookie to make cash who will actually play as opposed to having a non-playing bench ruck.

I'm sure new tactics will develop as the season unfolds. :)

When you say virtually anywhere mate, you mean via their DPP position as that's how I understand they can only be used.

Quote from: Football Factory on February 13, 2020, 08:16:58 PM
Not really sure to be honest .. at the start there might be better/more options in one position in regards to rooks so i will look to do that to start with.

Yeh that's pretty much how I see everyone using it in the early rounds, not alot else you can do with it. I like the idea of a utility
as R4 was a wasted spot for generating cash. Hard enough to get one rookie ruck or cheap option playing let alone two of them.

jvalles69

QuoteWhen you say virtually anywhere mate, you mean via their DPP position as that's how I understand they can only be used.

Yeah of course, but the opportunity to move that position around is great.

Grazz

Quote from: jvalles69 on February 14, 2020, 12:20:01 PM
QuoteWhen you say virtually anywhere mate, you mean via their DPP position as that's how I understand they can only be used.

Yeah of course, but the opportunity to move that position around is great.

Yep I agree mate, it's going to come in quite handy.
Having another real option to generate cash to get a full team is a big bonus in itself.