AF 2020 Talk

Started by jvalles69, February 12, 2020, 03:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

As a fully fledged SC'er now, AF always takes a back seat.

I thought I'd start a single thread for those still having a crack to kick things off for the season.

My first iteration of my team looked straight showerhouse, have adjusted and this year I'm looking at value or players I see as underpriced and for me, my back line looks the most value, it leaves my forward line looking very weak, though I still have 400K to play with.  Have gone with expensive rookies too including Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, Cockatoo etc.

Football Factory

My team normally looks showerhouse at the start. I don't spend all that much on my backs, like to get a few cheapies in there with my uber premo's. I feel a little more confident about my team after seeing some warm up games and knowing which guys are likely to get a spot in the best 22. The rookies you mentioned i have had in my team, they come and go lol. Rowell and Cockatoo haven't left yet though.

jvalles69

I'm only looking at spending top dollar on Macrae, Grundy and Whitfield at this stage, trying to pinpoint the rest as underpriced which is easier said than done!

Football Factory

Quote from: jvalles69 on February 12, 2020, 07:03:46 PM
I'm only looking at spending top dollar on Macrae, Grundy and Whitfield at this stage, trying to pinpoint the rest as underpriced which is easier said than done!

Yeah i won't be starting without them

GM

About time we had a thread other than Supercoach

Peter

I think you can afford to go without Whitfield in AF at the start, because of his huge price (presuming I keep Grundy and Macrae) and due to the potential depth of GWS midfield. Going deeper in the mids, to compensate, as good value to be found there

jvalles69

Quote from: Peter on February 13, 2020, 07:43:22 AM
I think you can afford to go without Whitfield in AF at the start, because of his huge price (presuming I keep Grundy and Macrae) and due to the potential depth of GWS midfield. Going deeper in the mids, to compensate, as good value to be found there

I've thought about this too, but haven't actually look at what I can do if I remove Whitfield.  The interface of AF hurts my head.

jvalles69

Interesting, Whitfields average last year was 107 yet he's priced higher than that.  ???

Football Factory

Whitfield is just country miles ahead of any other forward. If he drops 50k it's not going to worry me too much.

jvalles69

Quote from: Football Factory on February 13, 2020, 12:36:25 PM
Whitfield is just country miles ahead of any other forward. If he drops 50k it's not going to worry me too much.

That's the other side, the headache trying to bring him in if you don't start him.

jvalles69

A few mid PODS I'm looking at: Ross, Steele, Lyons, Yeo, Hannebery, Adams

jvalles69

Looking at ROB for R2 and possibly down to Lycett if he is the sole ruck for Port.

Football Factory

I'm looking at Sauce Jacobs but he will need to show something in the practice matches. Maybe Nit Nat ? upgrading to Gawn as soon as possible.

Rusty00

Any early thoughts on the new Utility position?

Ringo

Quote from: Rusty00 on February 19, 2020, 11:21:31 PM
Any early thoughts on the new Utility position?
Think a lot of us are still trying to work it out and will be a suck and see as the season progresses,