Money In The Kitty

Started by Mahogany, February 09, 2020, 01:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahogany

I have always basically used every cent when building my final team. Do any of you start the year with money left over in the kitty as part of your strategy, and if so how much approx?

frenzy

always wanted to and every year kick myself for not when the likes of Fyfe Danger Lloyd Dusty etc. etc. put in the early stinker and their price drops. Never have the cash on hand and rookies are never fat enough to get the job done. Maybe this year. If Maxy don't get up Rnd1, this could get a look.

RaisyDaisy

I'm not compromising or sacrificing my starting team just to have some extra $ in the bank

I'll try and pick what I think is the best starting side possible - if there's a nice chunk of cash leftover then that's a bonus, and if there isn't I'm not fussed one bit

I'm not looking to spend the entire 10M - I focus on the players, and whatever cash is leftover so be it

meow meow

LordSneeze

Right now i have 575k left.

To start the seaosn I pick the best team I can regardless of how much money is left over.
If I feel having a player and 20k left over is better than having a higher priced player and $0 left over that is what ok.

Ringo

I have a team atm with 0 remaining,  Agree picking the best team is the priority money left over is a bonus.  The trick is making sure the rookies you select and start making cash hoping they do not get dropped after Rd 1 or 2.

jvalles69

I've currently got 140K in the bank, but I'll use it all once I know what teams and rookies are looking like.

RaisyDaisy

LordSneeze

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 10, 2020, 02:00:48 PM
Quote from: LordSneeze on February 10, 2020, 10:56:45 AM

I hope that 5 is meant to be a $

Nope $575k is right.
Im cleaning it all up today though, so might be releasing my first team shortly.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: LordSneeze on February 10, 2020, 03:14:26 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 10, 2020, 02:00:48 PM
Quote from: LordSneeze on February 10, 2020, 10:56:45 AM

I hope that 5 is meant to be a $

Nope $575k is right.
Im cleaning it all up today though, so might be releasing my first team shortly.

Glad to hear it haha, because with that much in the kitty you're 100 points a round behind everyone else

Fid

RoughRed

RoughReds preseason version 42 has a kitty of $58K left with 3 higher priced rooks - Rowell, Bonar and Mcasey