Cheapest Keeper & most expensive Cash Cow

Started by Colley Dogs, February 06, 2020, 09:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Quote from: Money Shot on February 13, 2020, 08:50:42 AM
Docherty (D2) - Doedee/Robertson/Hill (D3-D5)
Dunkley (M5)- Rowell (M6)
Grundy/Gawn
Smith (F4) - Rankine/King (F5-F6)

Going really cheap down back this year as there seems to be a lot of value at this stage anyways.

Yep, my thinking too.
Docherty (D2) - Doedee/Roberton/Hill (D3-D5) assume you mean Roberton.... same for me
Dunkley (M5)- Rowell (M6) ... Conigs at M5 and Rowell at M6 for me
Grundy/Gawn ... same
Smith (F4) - Rankine/King (F5-F6)... same

jfitty

Quote from: enzedder on February 13, 2020, 07:38:50 PM
Grundy/Gawn

Going really cheap down back this year as there seems to be a lot of value at this stage anyways.

Yep, my thinking too.
Docherty (D2) - Doedee/Roberton/Hill (D3-D5) assume you mean Roberton.... same for me
Grundy/Gawn ... same

Interesting backline structure, who do you guys have at D1 if you don't mind me asking?

enzedder

Quote from: jfitty on February 13, 2020, 07:54:07 PM
Grundy/Gawn

Yep, my thinking too.
Grundy/Gawn ... same

Interesting backline structure, who do you guys have at D1 if you don't mind me asking?
Sicily

RaisyDaisy

My only worry with starting both Doedee and Roberton is that if one of them gets injured or just doesn't score well then we've snookered ourselves as there's nobody else in their price range you'd trade them to

I'll see what happens but my preference is to just start one of them - reduce the risk whilst also having a fallback option

Robbo gets the nod for mine - Doedee coming off a major injury, plus who knows if McAsey and co will impact his scoring

RoughRed

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 13, 2020, 08:05:33 PM
My only worry with starting both Doedee and Roberton is that if one of them gets injured or just doesn't score well then we've snookered ourselves as there's nobody else in their price range you'd trade them to

I'll see what happens but my preference is to just start one of them - reduce the risk whilst also having a fallback option

Robbo gets the nod for mine - Doedee coming off a major injury, plus who knows if McAsey and co will impact his scoring
Good thoughts RD, having me thinking, thanks

Money Shot

Quote from: jfitty on February 13, 2020, 07:54:07 PM
Grundy/Gawn

Yep, my thinking too.
Grundy/Gawn ... same

Laird for me. Super consistent and makes it look a little more stable down back.

oh_lol

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 13, 2020, 08:05:33 PM

I agree. People getting sucked into Doedee from his first year. Also with Keath leaving, Doedee will take his role I think. Won't bode well for scores.

frenzy

Am I the only person that thinks starting Dylan Roberton is a risk. If he turns out 70's, that is an expensive rookie and it's a fail. I would rather start another rookie and save $100K plus. With that $100k, you could turn Heeney into Danger and that's a win.

eaglesman

Quote from: frenzy on February 14, 2020, 05:58:28 PM
Am I the only person that thinks starting Dylan Roberton is a risk. If he turns out 70's, that is an expensive rookie and it's a fail. I would rather start another rookie and save $100K plus. With that $100k, you could turn Heeney into Danger and that's a win.

Find me the extra rookie and I’ll follow ya and dump him.

RaisyDaisy

Is 70's really a fail?

Darcy Moore went similar and I consider him a success

Most people starting Robbo have him at D4 - you can't start a rookie there

Seems like a pretty low risk move starting him imo

frenzy

Quote from: eaglesman on February 15, 2020, 12:09:08 AM

Find me the extra rookie and I’ll follow ya and dump him.

Start another premos in def, plenty rookies down the ground

frenzy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 15, 2020, 08:07:17 AM

Is 70's really a fail?

That's my point RD, you could of had the same success with another rookie. Only slightly better than rookie score at a premium rookie price.  The funds saved go to greatly improving another position, ie Heeney 90 ave against Danger 117 ave. If there's more and cheaper alternatives down the field so be it. We may have to start a weak line and a stronger def, all depends on  rookie availability.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: frenzy on February 15, 2020, 12:50:59 PM

Is 70's really a fail?

That's my point RD, you could of had the same success with another rookie. Only slightly better than rookie score at a premium rookie price.  The funds saved go to greatly improving another position, ie Heeney 90 ave against Danger 117 ave. If there's more and cheaper alternatives down the field so be it. We may have to start a weak line and a stronger def, all depends on  rookie availability.

Gotta factor in the JS too though. Darcy Moore, and now Robbo, were best 22 where as all these rookies could get dropped

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 15, 2020, 02:25:21 PM
Quote from: frenzy on February 15, 2020, 12:50:59 PM

Is 70's really a fail?

Gotta factor in the JS too though. Darcy Moore, and now Robbo, were best 22 where as all these rookies could get dropped

Do the best 22s n then tell me there’s enough safe rookies frenzy ... there isn’t

frenzy

Anyone, including best 22 can get dropped.,