2020 top 1%

Started by TableKing, January 14, 2020, 07:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TableKing

Hey crew initial team made. Would love to know your thoughts.

Def: L. Ryan, j. Dawson, S. Docherty, D. Roberton, I. Cumming, H. Young (W. Gould, L. Towey)

Mid: P. Cripps, J. Dunkley, P. Danger, C. Oliver, R. Rowell, J. Caldwell, B. Starcevic, M. Pickett (B. Rowels, J. Sharp, M. Hibberd)

R: Grundy, Gawn (comben)

Fwd: L. Whitfield, D. Martin, J. Steven, D. Smith, A. Bonar, S. Hill (I. Rankine, Kropinyeri.)

$118k left over. Only change i would make would be to add in another elite mid but cant seem to find the funds.

crowls

Agree that adding another prem mid is required.
whifield>heeney, bonar>123k rook, cumming>hill f/d, caldwell to roberts/hibberd
94+89+118k+55  the upgrade rook to coniglio.
too much invested in the 180-260k segment,  more cash gen and less risk in guns and rookies approach.
all the best,

tommy10

Agree with Crowls that you need an extra premo mid.

LordSneeze

Won't discuss rookie selections as we don't know right now much about them.

Def - Like the Luke Ryan pick. Should be a nice POD and has good development. Doesn't need tons of the ball to score well, so if he can uptick by 2-3 possessions per game then could be a 100+ average. On the flipside though Dawson is a huge risk, as is not starting with a Laird or Lloyd. Overall though Def feels really weak.

Mid - I would argue with the other comments that I don't feel another Prem Mid is required. 4 Rookies on field though is a huge risk and to get 7 that play consistently might be difficult.

Rucks - The other comments are a downfall of starting the GG combo. You have to cut elsewhere and that appears to be your Def & Mid to a small extent.

Fwds - As much as Whitfield is so good, his price is difficult to stomach. He is unlikely to increase his output, so could be worth dropping to free up some cash for improving other lines.

Sven

Agree with LordSneeze's comments.

Rucks and forward lines are solid.

Rowell at M5 is becoming quite common, it allows for stronger mid/def lines and keeping Grundy/Gawn combo. I don't think it looks weak at all if you have the right rookies which will all present themselves in the pre-season matches, going to be plenty of value this year.

Defence does look a tad weak, but if you think Ryan can outscore Laird, Lloyd, Hurn, Houli, then back yourself in and go for it.

Colliwobblers

All comes down to the teams next week, but this will give you a better idea on rooks. Which will determing cash for premiums in the end.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/384196/mock-teams-who-s-in-the-22-for-r1-we-make-the-call

I wanted whitfield, I wanted Gawn, don't have either that's where your savings are, probably need another mid premium, or you'l give up a lot of ground on the pack, after rucks they score the most in general.

You might find you'll have to give up a premium ruck or fwd just to afford the rooks that are named but I'd look at  downgrading gawn and whitfield, consider houston is the back line and ceglar or brayshaw in the fwds, jacobs in the ruck or if your really brave naismith

Good luck.