2020 Player X v Player y

Started by Ringo, December 31, 2019, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

QuoteI'm going with if I remember Holz's theory that someone who scores well staying on the park is a better gamble than someone who scores less well lifting their numbers. Even if Greenwood adds 10ppg, he is just even with Greene and Heeney.

Gotta take into account what you can do with the extra money though.  Greene and Heeney require paying full price, if Greenwood does score on par with those guys then you are saving a tonne of cash.  Don't forget Greene misses games and Heeney tends to get small freak injuries that always make him a bit proppy.  Prefer Heeney and Greene as upgrade targets.

dylanclements

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 30, 2020, 02:19:07 PM
QuoteI'm going with if I remember Holz's theory that someone who scores well staying on the park is a better gamble than someone who scores less well lifting their numbers. Even if Greenwood adds 10ppg, he is just even with Greene and Heeney.

Gotta take into account what you can do with the extra money though.  Greene and Heeney require paying full price, if Greenwood does score on par with those guys then you are saving a tonne of cash.  Don't forget Greene misses games and Heeney tends to get small freak injuries that always make him a bit proppy.  Prefer Heeney and Greene as upgrade targets.

Definitely agree about the risk on Greene. By starting him you're gambling on him staying on the park and his history is weak.

Not sure entirely that it matters much about Heeney's niggles. It's true that he gets them but his numbers stack up well to Greenwood's even with the niggles. If anything you're betting on him overcoming them and lifting his average.

I agree in theory about the cash, but you have to remember Greenwood is 465ish, which isn't really dirt cheap - we're talking about 50k or so less than Heeney/Greene. You can see Greenwood tipping 500 at various points but I wouldn't be surprised if he hovers around the 470 mark

jvalles69

"Not sure entirely that it matters much about Heeney's niggles. It's true that he gets them but his numbers stack up well to Greenwood's even with the niggles. If anything you're betting on him overcoming them and lifting his average."

I do think Heeney will make another jump in production at some stage, could be this year, but can't go him over Whits and Dusty and having Heeney at F3 just messes with structure.

dylanclements

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 30, 2020, 02:58:39 PM
I do think Heeney will make another jump in production at some stage, could be this year, but can't go him over Whits and Dusty and having Heeney at F3 just messes with structure.

The structure problem is real. I have those two and Heeney at f3 right now. I'm not comfortable with it. But I really don't like the fwd mid price options at all, and taking two fwd prems and rookies into rd 1 would be a big call.

With that said I have 4 def prems (including Doc) and Sauce in the ruck, which surely isn't the right structure either. Lots of drafts to come ahead of rd 1 yet!

jvalles69

QuoteWith that said I have 4 def prems (including Doc) and Sauce in the ruck, which surely isn't the right structure either. Lots of drafts to come ahead of rd 1 yet!

There will be sacrifices somewhere whichever way you go.  4 defender premos is a lot, that tends to be the line that burns me the most when I pay up.

crowls

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 30, 2020, 05:43:30 PM
QuoteWith that said I have 4 def prems (including Doc) and Sauce in the ruck, which surely isn't the right structure either. Lots of drafts to come ahead of rd 1 yet!

There will be sacrifices somewhere whichever way you go.  4 defender premos is a lot, that tends to be the line that burns me the most when I pay up.
"burns me the most when I pay up"   wise words jv,  laird sicily and doc as much as i am willing to pay for def prem's.

dmac07

J.Steven/D.Smith and  Roberton

V

Heeney and Rookie (Brander/Mclennan etc).

crowls

Laird(d)Bonar(f) v J Stephen(f)/Young(d)

Strengthens the depth of the backline with hill at D5.     Have Bonnar at F4 though.   

hawkboy80

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 30, 2020, 12:17:07 PM
Quote from: tommy10 on January 29, 2020, 07:47:41 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on January 29, 2020, 06:10:42 PM
Neale & Steven

Vs

Sloane & Greenwood
Steven hurt his calf yesterday so would keep an eye on him. Go for Dev if you dont have him.

Got Dev at F4 already.
Neale & Steven depending what happens with the calf closer to Rd 1

hawkboy80

Grundy & Brander (F6)  vs   English & D.Smith

js19

Quote from: hawkboy80 on February 06, 2020, 03:43:40 PM
Grundy & Brander (F6)  vs   English & D.Smith

Grundy and donut if you have to... ;D

frenzy

Lloyd vs Whitfield

Wanna start both, can only start one, but which one.

walloo44

Quote from: frenzy on February 12, 2020, 09:07:15 PM
Lloyd vs Whitfield

I’d go Whitfield. Forwards seem to have very few options this year, wouldn’t not start one of the top forward locks.
Defenders there’s a few more options such as Sicily, laird, Houston, Stewart etc. so can get away without Lloyd and upgrade later without a huge risk.

frenzy

Quote from: walloo44 on February 12, 2020, 09:13:28 PM
Quote from: frenzy on February 12, 2020, 09:07:15 PM
Lloyd vs Whitfield

I’d go Whitfield. Forwards seem to have very few options this year, wouldn’t not start one of the top forward locks.
Defenders there’s a few more options such as Sicily, laird, Houston, Stewart etc. so can get away without Lloyd and upgrade later without a huge risk.

yep agree, thank you.

SilverLion

Dan "Midfield Lock" Houston vs. Jordan Dawson