The Rookies Thread 2020

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 29, 2019, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughRed

Who is Jack Payne ???
Named at CHB for Brisbane

Ringo

Payne is a 20 year old Qld local who was drafted in 2018  but first 2 seasons crueled  by injury.  He is a tall defender with a big body weighing 101kgs. Suspect he will line up on TJ. 

RoughRed

Quote from: Ringo on August 03, 2020, 07:56:17 PM
Payne is a 20 year old Qld local who was drafted in 2018  but first 2 seasons crueled  by injury.  He is a tall defender with a big body weighing 101kgs. Suspect he will line up on TJ.
Thanks Ringo - see he is replacing a "rested" Birchall so JS would be suspect??

Ringo

Quote from: RoughRed on August 03, 2020, 08:19:28 PM
Yep I would not pick him unless further injuries came. Birchill was always gettting a rest in the compressed fixtures

RoughRed

Quote from: Ringo on August 03, 2020, 08:25:21 PM
Quote from: RoughRed on August 03, 2020, 08:19:28 PM
Yep I would not pick him unless further injuries came. Birchill was always gettting a rest in the compressed fixtures

JBs-Hawks

Expensive but thoughts on James Bell for Mcinenry?

Ringo

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 04, 2020, 08:52:41 AM
Expensive but thoughts on James Bell for Mcinenry?
Do not trust Horse to keep in side. Expensive as you say and depends on how you use the extra cash,  If you do not have Close or Draper I would be looking at them before Bel and showing bias even Skinner,

Mat0369

I'm looking at one of Bell or Skinner for Budarick. I have Close and I'm doing Draper for Brander. It's a bit of a toss up but the extra cash could be nice

Wanderer

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 04, 2020, 03:05:32 PM
I'm looking at one of Bell or Skinner for Budarick. I have Close and I'm doing Draper for Brander. It's a bit of a toss up but the extra cash could be nice

I'm struggling with this one myself. I like Skinner's price, but I like Bell's DPP. Is the DPP worth the extra $48.5k, and who the hell knows which one of the two has any kind of job security? I suppose Skinner being named this week might be the deciding factor.

A couple hours left to make a decision.

Wanderer

This is an extract from the Bombers "In The Mix" Round 10 report:

"The Bombers last week played two ruckmen for the first time this season, with debutant Sam Draper partnering veteran Tom Bellchambers.

They might opt for the same look against the Giants or revert to one bona-fide ruckman and recall Shaun McKernan, who can pinch-hit in the ruck and will be fresh after a week off.

Andrew Phillips is also in the mix to return against his old side.

Going up against Gold Coast ruckman Zac Smith in the scratch match â€" the Suns had several players fill spots for both sides â€" Phillips won plenty of centre clearances and covered the ground strongly."

Can Draper hang on?

frenzy

Sholl, adelaide and Hosie kangas named to debut this week.

shaker

Wanderer

shaker

JBs-Hawks