The Rookies Thread 2020

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 29, 2019, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: sidvicious on July 11, 2020, 12:15:59 PM
Next week might have too many choices for bubble boys. What order would you rank these guys. couldn't find the poll option unless I started a new thread.
Added a poll to the current thread :)

Two votes per user, ability to change vote as well if you change your mind :o

IntegralX

Rankine won’t kick 3 goals every week to get 110 off 12 touches, still thinking Simpson and Day.

shaker

Quote from: IntegralX on July 12, 2020, 12:51:57 PM
Rankine won’t kick 3 goals every week to get 110 off 12 touches, still thinking Simpson and Day.
Rankine was always touted as unbelievable talent it's only injuries that have prevented us seeing it take 40 points out for the 3 goals still a good score Clarkson was grumbling about his defence after the match so can't say Day's JS is very high unlike Rankine's.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: shaker on July 12, 2020, 01:03:16 PM
Rankine was always touted as unbelievable talent it's only injuries that have prevented us seeing it take 40 points out for the 3 goals still a good score Clarkson was grumbling about his defence after the match so can't say Day's JS is very high unlike Rankine's.

Day was our 2nd best player after Sicily

shaker

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 12, 2020, 01:41:57 PM
Quote from: shaker on July 12, 2020, 01:03:16 PM

Day was our 2nd best player after Sicily
Yeah he played good but I don't trust Clarko Rankine might score a 50 or 60 this week but his JS is good.

tkringle

justaverage

Wanderer

Quote from: tkringle on July 12, 2020, 07:05:29 PM
Anyone else jump on Aarts?

Lets hope he gets another game to redeem himself.

RaisyDaisy

Passed on him, but for those who grabbed him don't be too worried - he should get more games

Simpson and Rankine for me this week

Rusty00

Quote from: shaker on July 11, 2020, 09:41:15 AM
Quote from: Ringo on July 11, 2020, 09:31:04 AM
Only issue with Day and Simpson is Clarko and Scott who seeem to have no trouble dropping kids, Remember Constable from last year,  A little hard with rookies this year with price rises after 2 games.
In saying that still thinking of getting both for cash.
Clarko also said that McEvoy was staying down back and Ceglar was No1 ruck that has changed in the last 2 games ask the people that got Ceglar believing him a 43 and a 53 , Clarko was angry with his defence so steering clear of Day he may play again next week but think his JS is shaky.
My take is with Patton injured early, we were too short down forward, meaning McEvoy needed to switch to the forward line. TOB was playing second ruck, however if we kept doing that it would've meant McEvoy and Ceglar both in the forward line, further decreasing our ability to lock the ball in our forward line. Therefore McEvoy and Ceglar started switching between ruck/forward.

I didn't see the game last week, however with Mitch Lewis getting injured, it could've been the same scenario (or maybe it's just wishful thinking as I own Ceglar.....).

Day played Scrimshaw's role on Friday night, so his JS could depend on how long Scrimshaw is out for as he will come straight back in when fit.

shaker

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 13, 2020, 09:20:08 AM
Only issue with Day and Simpson is Clarko and Scott who seeem to have no trouble dropping kids, Remember Constable from last year,  A little hard with rookies this year with price rises after 2 games.
Clarko also said that McEvoy was staying down back and Ceglar was No1 ruck that has changed in the last 2 games ask the people that got Ceglar believing him a 43 and a 53 , Clarko was angry with his defence so steering clear of Day he may play again next week but think his JS is shaky.
My take is with Patton injured early, we were too short down forward, meaning McEvoy needed to switch to the forward line. TOB was playing second ruck, however if we kept doing that it would've meant McEvoy and Ceglar both in the forward line, further decreasing our ability to lock the ball in our forward line. Therefore McEvoy and Ceglar started switching between ruck/forward.

I didn't see the game last week, however with Mitch Lewis getting injured, it could've been the same scenario (or maybe it's just wishful thinking as I own Ceglar.....).

Day played Scrimshaw's role on Friday night, so his JS could depend on how long Scrimshaw is out for as he will come straight back in when fit.
In R5 against GWS there was one passage of play where McEvoy's opponent highlighted he is not very agile and resulted in an easy goal the move was made after that so maybe the experiment is over ? time will tell.

Rusty00

Quote from: shaker on July 13, 2020, 01:01:37 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on July 13, 2020, 09:20:08 AM

In R5 against GWS there was one passage of play where McEvoy's opponent highlighted he is not very agile and resulted in an easy goal the move was made after that so maybe the experiment is over ? time will tell.
Yeah, I saw that. He also took 3-4 intercept marks in defence in the first quarter against Collingwood before being moved.

Hawks aren't exactly firing, so there will be changes, and who knows what Clarko has in mind.

Ingram

Have to pass on Simpson in favour of bringing Gawn in. Have Serong so I'll persist with him for now.

frenzy

Surely McInerney is back this week now that JPK and Heeney are injured.  :o

HoleMeal

Quote from: frenzy on July 13, 2020, 04:01:23 PM
Surely McInerney is back this week now that JPK and Heeney are injured.  :o
Surely he is.