The Rookies Thread 2020

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 29, 2019, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 27, 2020, 03:38:08 PM
Quote from: frenzy on February 27, 2020, 03:34:03 PM
Your list is the good ones that made useful money for our teams and they have 1 thing in common, all mature aged.

And there's no mature aged guys this year, other than Pickett, hence the likeliness we'll need to start several expensive rookies

Not sure why this blokes been written off, but Jacob Kennerley seems to tick a few boxes. 56DT points in a half of football and mature aged. Could be just the type we're looking for. And his Coach loves mature agers.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: frenzy on February 27, 2020, 05:56:05 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 27, 2020, 03:38:08 PM
Quote from: frenzy on February 27, 2020, 03:34:03 PM
Your list is the good ones that made useful money for our teams and they have 1 thing in common, all mature aged.

And there's no mature aged guys this year, other than Pickett, hence the likeliness we'll need to start several expensive rookies

Not sure why this blokes been written off, but Jacob Kennerley seems to tick a few boxes. 56DT points in a half of football and mature aged. Could be just the type we're looking for. And his Coach loves mature agers.

Yeah I missed him with the list I put up

Also just read an article on HS that suggested he could be a chance too - D/M DPP too I believe? Would be great if he can somehow get a gig, and could be a chance with Duncan injured still

eaglesman

I have seen enough.

Bailey Williams will be the ruck partner to nicnat on the proviso they aren’t planning to use Oscar Allen as back up.

Already put him into my backline(ridiculous positioning for him)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: eaglesman on February 27, 2020, 10:23:02 PM
I have seen enough.

Bailey Williams will be the ruck partner to nicnat on the proviso they aren’t planning to use Oscar Allen as back up.

2 kicks, 3 handballs and 2 HO's in the first half, and you reckon that's enough for him to jump Hickey and Vardy?

Seems a little premature

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 27, 2020, 10:30:20 PM
I have seen enough.

2 kicks, 3 handballs and 2 HO's in the first half, and you reckon that's enough for him to jump Hickey and Vardy?

Seems a little premature

Vardy has been absolutely horrendous in this game. He will never play for the eagles again.

They played him a lot more forward that quarter. He didn’t play any back up ruck and the delivery forward was atrocious.

RoughRed

I have seen enough.

Seems a little premature
Maybe pre-mature eaglation???

eaglesman

Quote from: RoughRed on February 27, 2020, 11:12:41 PM
I have seen enough.

Seems a little premature
Maybe pre-mature eaglation???

Watch him this quarter starting in the ruck.

eaglesman

Telling ya now Williams is an absolute lock

Mat0369

He played a lot of ruck in the practice game as well. Probably between him and Hickey and Hickey is awful forward.

eaglesman

Williams again ... passed the eye test for sure... the white Nic nat

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: eaglesman on February 27, 2020, 11:19:30 PM

He's a chance. Not sure he's a lock. Like the look of him, so as a WCE fan I'm stoked

Oscar might keep him out

Colley Dogs

Those starting with:

Prem + Prem + Docherty + Roberton + 2 Rookies

How are you feeling about the Rookie options down back?

I'm concerned.

I know we need to see both rounds of Marsh, but...

If you work to the principle that Rookies determine structure, not Premiums... I'm seeing an argument for:

Prem + Prem + Prem + Docherty + Roberton + Rookie

If someone can tell me four Rookies you're comfortable with (two onfield, two bench), I'd love to know them. I'm pretty sure we'll agree on three by Round 1, but four's a hope and a prayer.

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 27, 2020, 11:33:47 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on February 27, 2020, 11:19:30 PM

He's a chance. Not sure he's a lock. Like the look of him, so as a WCE fan I'm stoked

Oscar might keep him out

I would be shocked if he doesn’t line up round 1. Oscar would be the only reason but he is easily ahead of Vardy and I think hickey as well.

Brander has all the talent in the world but unfortunately I don’t see him getting a gig.

eaglesman

Williams been changed to a defender ruck in positioning as well.

My new rock 2 is bailey Williams !!!! I’m in love

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Colley Dogs on February 27, 2020, 11:43:50 PM
Those starting with:

Prem + Prem + Docherty + Roberton + 2 Rookies

How are you feeling about the Rookie options down back?

I'm concerned.

I know we need to see both rounds of Marsh, but...

If you work to the principle that Rookies determine structure, not Premiums... I'm seeing an argument for:

Prem + Prem + Prem + Docherty + Roberton + Rookie

If someone can tell me four Rookies you're comfortable with (two onfield, two bench), I'd love to know them. I'm pretty sure we'll agree on three by Round 1, but four's a hope and a prayer.

1 of Ash/Young/McAsey/BZT at D5

Starcevich, Gould and 1 of Brander/Williams