Can anybody challenge the ruck GOATS?

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 04:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Surely not.

But can they keep it up? Are they worth paying top dollar for I'd they're only going to give you 115?

Marshall can improve. English can improve. Darcy can improve. A fit NN in the competition. ROB can still get better and might even challenge them.

The ruck quality across the comp can and should improve and it might pull the gun rucks back to the pack a little.

Surely lock and load. But should we?

Peter

Until the rest score regularly up with G/G, you just have to go with them in SC. Not so convinced in AF and RDT (got Grundy/Witts at present in both) though.

eaglesman

I see $175-200k rise in Jacobs quite easily.
I see 110 (maybe 115) in Rory O’Brien quite easily.
I see 105-110 in Nic Nat quite easily.

Just got to work out if that is enough to pick them over the be Guns for the rest of team
Construction and overlooking grundy captaincy option.

RaisyDaisy

Grundy and Gawn are in the primes of their careers now and have both come off back to back monster seasons

Yeah you can make good coin from NN/Sauce etc, but then you also need to factor in the trades used to do that, not having a genuine C option in GG and the difficulty of bringing in a 600k+ ruck

GG set and forget, until they give me a reason not to

LordSneeze

NOt sure they can keep it up at the same level, but they will be very difficult to get in if you dont start them. The more I look the more im resigned to the fact I need to start both.

Of you don't go them you have 3 options.
Set and forget with a Goldy, Marshall, ROB etc type who all might be able to improve to cover some of the difference.
Im not convinced on ROB, he isn't consistent enough to be a starting ruck for me, good last year as you could get him at rookie price. Goldy has done it before, but multiple years not at that level of scoring, I just dont see how he gets back to that. Marshall, competition coming in, but is he really good enough to average 110 consistently.

Stepping stone in Nic Nat or Sauce. Nic Nat isn't cheap enough for me to take him as a stepping stone so he would need to average 110 to be worth it, Sauce should be good for a 90 average and if he was 92 he would be $500k and make $150k. Realistically this could work as he might average more, but with Mummy there is a chance they rotate them too and I think not having the cover would be a risk.

Rookie - Rarely is one that would be able to consitently play, but would interesting if one came up.

eaglesman

Hard not to pick grundy Gawn.

However.

I could see the eagles playing Nic Nat with hickey/Vardy in the 2s and Oscar Allen in the ruck. If this happens then Nic nat goes 110+. Which is enough.

Surely the giants don’t play Mumford? Jacobs a far superior ruckman. If Mumford is no where to be seen Then extremely difficult for me to overlook Jacobs.

If a sniff of other scenarios happening then grundy Gawn all the way

RaisyDaisy

Furthermore to what I said earlier

Goldy/Marshall I wouldn't even consider for a second. They're only 100k cheaper than GG, that's not enough of a saving to risk it

NN I wouldn't start either - his TOG is generally low, and we have plenty of talls that will be supporting him, plus he does have injury risks too. If NN was on the field as much as GG were then he would match them, but he just isn't

Sauce is the only ruck worth considering outside of GG imo. He's a massive 50% cheaper than GG, and if he can push 90 then it might work out. The only real reason I think starting Sauce makes any sense at all is because you don't think GG will be 1 & 2 and want to see who looks like the best ruck to upgrade him to later, because even at 350k he's only going to make 100k or so and still required 200kish to upgrade

There's just question marks around every other ruck - set and forget GG is a no brainer for mine

meow meow

If Sauce or NN start the season well (95), and one of the big boys has a *slow* 115 average to start the year it wouldn't be too difficult to make the swap.

130 is bloody tough to maintain.

eaglesman

Quote from: meow meow on December 28, 2019, 02:06:20 PM
If Sauce or NN start the season well (95), and one of the big boys has a *slow* 115 average to start the year it wouldn't be too difficult to make the swap.

130 is bloody tough to maintain.

I honestly feel like Jacobs will go 100 in his sleep this season. Just whether or not mummy is around or not.

Grundy Just feels essential however

Peter

Not sure how Jacobs will go 100-110 when he has never been the style of ruckman to take a lot of marks around the ground and with the make up of GWS midfielders, how he will get into the game to do so

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: eaglesman on December 28, 2019, 03:12:47 PM
I honestly feel like Jacobs will go 100 in his sleep this season

Why?

He hasn't gone near that for 5 years, and will be 32 when the season commences

Mummy hasn't gone huge for years too, with the GWS mids around him

Sauce (and Mummy) just don't do anywhere near as much around the ground as GG etc do

85-90 is a realistic hope for Sauce imo.

meow meow

85-90 would be good enough.

GG can't both maintain that kind of form and durability. Surely can't.

ROB or Witts will prove to be a better pick than one of them. 19 games @115 Vs 22 from Witts/ROB at 105.

Don't ask me which one is dropping/missing games though. Better hope it's Grundy with Cameron as cover or there goes 2 trades/lots of points.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on December 28, 2019, 07:51:26 PM

Potentially losing 40ppg per week, and only makes 100k at best. I'm not sure it is good enough

Why not? In the past 2 years they've maintained it, and Grundy hasn't missed a single game while Gawn has only missed 1.

ROB or Witts will prove to be a better pick than one of them. 19 games @115 Vs 22 from Witts/ROB at 105.

Not sure why those two are certain to play 22 and GG aren't?

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 29, 2019, 10:11:06 AM

Potentially losing 40ppg per week, and only makes 100k at best. I'm not sure it is good enough

Why not? In the past 2 years they've maintained it, and Grundy hasn't missed a single game while Gawn has only missed 1.

Not sure why those two are certain to play 22 and GG aren't?

It is known.

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 29, 2019, 10:11:06 AM

You say losing 40 points a week, I saying turning Mitch Hibberd (55 ave spud with zero JS) into Ollie Wines with the $. There's my 40 points back.