Top 6 defenders

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 03:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

I'm seeing lots of love for Jordan Dawson. Do people really expect him to be one of the top 6 defenders? Who will they be, what will they average?

Can old Houli and Hurn back it up?

Surely Lloyd is top 6 again. Maybe not 110+ but surely in the top batch.

Zwill with less midfield time with a full gws line up?

Rampe and Daniel overperformed in 2019?

Stewart just keeps getting better, will the trend reverse?

Sicdog and Laird to bounce back after good but not elite years?

22 games from Rich last year, 9th best average shouldn't be dismissed. Maybe Harris stamps himself as the premier key back in the comp this year.

Midfield Houston going to push into the top 6?
Maybe DBJ gets all the ball off half back with Houston not there.

Surely Dawson stands no chance of being top 6. Surely.

GoLions

Withergoat gonna be the man now with Hodgey gone, lock it in

meow meow

Starny deserves a mention too.

eaglesman

Quote from: meow meow on December 27, 2019, 03:44:17 PM
I'm seeing lots of love for Jordan Dawson. Do people really expect him to be one of the top 6 defenders? Who will they be, what will they average?

Can old Houli and Hurn back it up?

Surely Lloyd is top 6 again. Maybe not 110+ but surely in the top batch.

Zwill with less midfield time with a full gws line up?

Rampe and Daniel overperformed in 2019?

Stewart just keeps getting better, will the trend reverse?

Sicdog and Laird to bounce back after good but not elite years?

22 games from Rich last year, 9th best average shouldn't be dismissed. Maybe Harris stamps himself as the premier key back in the comp this year.

Midfield Houston going to push into the top 6?
Maybe DBJ gets all the ball off half back with Houston not there.

Surely Dawson stands no chance of being top 6. Surely.

Been thinking about this the last few days.
Comical the expectations placed on Dawson/Houston/DBJ imo. Shocked if they top 6

Zac Williams, Laird and Lloyd the safe ones for me. Williams and Lloyd perhaps a little pricey and will get them for cheaper.

Haven’t adjusted initial team but I am liking Tom Stewart as well. Think he maintains scoring for sure.
Think the same for Caled Daniel.

Not as confident on hurn/rampe.

My 6 safe top 10 defenders would be Lloyd laird zwilliams Stewart Daniel and probably docherty(which probably seems crazy today after consecutive injuries but when on the park he’s just that good)

RaisyDaisy

Yeah I have no interest in Dawson whatsoever - if he was 50-100k cheaper then sure, but he's too expensive and there's plenty of other guys who are much more proven for a little more

Lloyd, ZWil, Laird, Stewart, Daniel, Ryan, Sicily and Docherty are the safe picks to finish Top 6-8

Houli and Hurn could certainly back it up, but I just don't see any reason to risk starting them as their age makes them much more of an injury risk/scoring decline

Houston & DBJ are the two that I like in terms of breaking out to mid 90's, but similar to Dawson there isn't a huge saving in starting them so they can be picked later if need be, or if you're struggling for funds I don't mind starting 1 of them

Everyone else not mentioned (Rich, Rampe, Newman etc) I have zero interest in

GoLions

meow meow

I think everyone is forgetting/not aware of the fact that Trent "The Cannon" McKenzie averaged 110 in 2019. He's priced at 55. That's 50% off.

Peter

Another one game wonder against the Dockers in the final game of 2018. Won’t even get a gig in Round 1 of 2020

Mat0369

Lloyd, Doc and one of Laird/Stewart/Daniel are the guys I'd be starting with

SilverLion

Mat0369

Small sample size, but I think intercept possessions will be a premium. I've grabbed Sicily for that reason along with Howe.

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2020, 08:24:48 PM
Small sample size, but I think intercept possessions will be a premium. I've grabbed Sicily for that reason along with Howe.
I really wanted to pick Howe, but just couldn’t fit him in with my structure

Mat0369

Howe is paying off. Making up for Bont/Macrae
/Cavarra on field

Wanderer

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2020, 08:24:48 PM

+1 Sicily, Docherty, Howe (great value at his price)

Mat0369

156 for Howe is very nice.