Defenders 2020

Started by LordSneeze, December 24, 2019, 06:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: IntegralX on March 09, 2020, 12:16:31 PM
Bailey Williams (WBD version) looked awfully good in his 2 games. 76 and 106. A bit expensive at 300k I know but there’s always one of these types that breaks out every year...plus if we’re all insisting on starting GG the money has to come from somewhere

Isaac Cumming is my bet (If he gets named Round 1 of course)

Been at the club for a few years now, priced at 245k. Every chance I start him if he gets named Round 1

tommy10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 09, 2020, 01:19:41 PM
Quote from: IntegralX on March 09, 2020, 12:16:31 PM
Bailey Williams (WBD version) looked awfully good in his 2 games. 76 and 106. A bit expensive at 300k I know but there’s always one of these types that breaks out every year...plus if we’re all insisting on starting GG the money has to come from somewhere

Isaac Cumming is my bet (If he gets named Round 1 of course)

Been at the club for a few years now, priced at 245k. Every chance I start him if he gets named Round 1
I like Cumming too but can’t fit them all in (Roberton, Cumming, Noble) which is why I had Roberton v Cumming in the player x vs player y thread. Noble is locked for me.

Thinking Robbo out of the two only because of his sc history, so willing to take the risk with him and hope he’s overcome his heart issues. Cumming hasn’t broken out but been in the system for a while but a correction trade can be done should Robbo/Noble fail to deliver.

Money Shot

Don’t know if it’s been spoken about much on here but is anyone taking the risk with Brodie Smith? He’s been primed for more midfield time and scored 121 in the one game he’s played in there. Could be a nice pod.

jvalles69

Quote from: Money Shot on March 11, 2020, 02:04:38 PM
Don’t know if it’s been spoken about much on here but is anyone taking the risk with Brodie Smith? He’s been primed for more midfield time and scored 121 in the one game he’s played in there. Could be a nice pod.

Upgrade target, but locked into my AF side.

IntegralX

I was looking at him at D2 if I was going to move off GG. Definitely want him though.

Sabretooth Tigers

Definitely MS.  Current defence in my sitting team is

Laird,   B Smith,   S Docherty,   J Howe,   B Zark- Thatcher,   J Brander     EM   B Starcevitch,   W Gould.

Currently in only 6% of teams. Cheers and best of luck.

timtim

Is Houston really a lock?

Goosey

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 12, 2020, 12:34:52 AM

Laird,   B Smith,   S Docherty,   J Howe,   B Zark- Thatcher,   J Brander     EM   B Starcevitch,   W Gould.

I've replaced Laird with Smith at D2, to save a bit of cash and with hope that he will get more mid minutes and improve his average. I sometimes think Laird burns the ball too, even though he has maintained a steady ~100 average.

Money Shot

Quote from: Goosey on March 12, 2020, 07:38:55 AM
Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 12, 2020, 12:34:52 AM

I've replaced Laird with Smith at D2, to save a bit of cash and with hope that he will get more mid minutes and improve his average. I sometimes think Laird burns the ball too, even though he has maintained a steady ~100 average.
Thanks guys. I’ve just locked him in alongside housten. Both have there risks but could also pay off big time.

jfitty

Quote from: timtim on March 12, 2020, 02:46:02 AM

I've cooled on him quite a bit, switched to Jeremy Howe (to free up cash too).

It would have been great to see him rip the Dogs a new one and really solidify himself as a must-start, but ended up with that knock to the head. He'll be in and out of my team a heap over the next week.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: jfitty on March 12, 2020, 09:53:45 AM

It would have been great to see him rip the Dogs a new one and really solidify himself as a must-start, but ended up with that knock to the head. He'll be in and out of my team a heap over the next week.
The head knock meant he only had 41%TOG but he had 15 CBA’s in that time. He will be right in the thick of the midfield.

shaker

Quote from: Bones Bombers on March 12, 2020, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: jfitty on March 12, 2020, 09:53:45 AM

The head knock meant he only had 41%TOG but he had 15 CBA’s in that time. He will be right in the thick of the midfield.
He was only ever play a half club said they were just managing his workloads.

_wato

I don’t like Houston because of that ridiculous bye he has.

Will pick him up after their lone bye to have an extra body carried through the bye weeks.

Will also look at Gresham for this point as well, depending on his output and role.