Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 12, 2019, 10:56:10 PM
doubt u could afford that even with discounts

Yep

13-14 prems plus a few mid pricers as well? No chance

According to my calculations I'll be more than 100k under. We will see though

bowyanger

Quote from: LaHug on August 28, 2019, 12:16:11 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 24, 2019, 02:02:19 PM
trade hard trade early is still my number 1 rule for a good ranking. I started the season poorly but made agressive moves and picked up cheap cover once you get a lead over most of the comp you just need to hold on. Much harder making up ground on complete teams with a better complete teams then it is to get a lead with a complete team over incomplete teams.

I screwed myself not trading hard early this year. Last year, I did really well but the biggest mistake was Billings. I held him for too long but, when I did trade him, he came good (and oh so good). This year, I told myself I wouldn't make the mistake of trading right before someone came good again... What I should have done is learnt from the first mistake and traded straight away. I held Greene and Brayshaw through all the crap, finally trading Greene just before he started dominating and Brayshaw before his last three games (93 avg over last three but traded to Bont for 110 so at least ended ahead on that one).

Basically, I learnt nothing... but I vow to not make the same mistake a third time!

Dunno man, I traded out Mundy and Dunkley after rd 2
Mundy smashed it for the next 7 rounds, Dunkley took a while until he was put back into the guts and then went boonta

Because the above happened Im probably going to hold a bit more

crowls

Quote from: crowls on September 02, 2019, 08:49:10 PM
Def: Laird/Zwilliams, Ryan, Docherty, doedee,             options: H Clark
Mid: Neale Macrae Oliver Fyfe/Taranto Mitchell Danger rook rook
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn,  hopefully Fort.
Fwd:, Heeney, dev smith,  Dangerfield ??,  whitfield, martin

Whitfield Hurn LLoyd too expensive to start,  upgrade targets along with T Stewart,
My mid options for consistency over Cripps/Bont.   Dunkley a definite option for M3/4
Just too hard to not have both Grundy and Gawn.    100K and 300 points difference between R Marshall and Grundy/Gawn over the year so is a Unique option for consideration if chasing cash.  Ryder at Saints probably affect Marshall's output.   So Grawndy and Goldy only real options.
Smith for value, heeney for consistency and then look at what m/f options are available.

Time to start researching National Draft and rookies for next year

meow meow

Quote from: crowls on December 05, 2019, 07:59:24 PM

Just too hard to not have both Grundy and Gawn.    100K and 300 points difference between R Marshall and Grundy/Gawn over the year so is a Unique option for consideration if chasing cash.  Ryder at Saints probably affect Marshall's output.   So Grawndy and Goldy only real options.

For the price of Grundy alone you can have NicNat AND Jacobs.

Surely they can average 90 each, while Grundy and Gawn go 120 each. That 700K could net you more than 60 points elsewhere.

crowls

Quote from: meow meow on December 13, 2019, 02:27:49 PM
Quote from: crowls on December 05, 2019, 07:59:24 PM

For the price of Grundy alone you can have NicNat AND Jacobs.

Surely they can average 90 each, while Grundy and Gawn go 120 each. That 700K could net you more than 60 points elsewhere.
I like the theory meow,  in practice I have found it is just too hard to use the extra cash well and take the losses of second rate ruck scores.