WXV Vacant Coaching Position: Mexico City Suns

Started by Purple 77, September 30, 2019, 07:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Another coach on the honour roll makes his exit.

After 6 seasons in charge of the prestigious Mexico City Suns, Jroo has called time on one of the best WXV coaching careers:
- 2014 Preliminary Finalist
- 2015 Premiers
- 2016 Preliminary Finalist
- 2017-2019 patient, masterful rebuild

Whoever inherits this list can consider themselves very lucky if you ask me.

WXVs has lost one of its finest; thank you Jroo!

APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT 6.00 PM AEST

This allows for 3 days for any interested coach to apply, which SHOULD be enough time to cater for their conflicting schedules.

I'll then send a vote on Thursday night to the coaches, and should hopefully get the results within a day or two.

I appreciate that this is during the trade period - which I won't be pausing - however, never fear to whoever wins the position, the trade period allows for unlimited movements and lasts until Friday 22 November 11:59.59pm AEDST.

Now, attention all aspiring applicants!

WXVs is a vibrant community of quality characters, from the Drew-first-ask-questions-later-Ringo, to the short and sweet JB, ... and yes, even Nige. Year-on-year, we have 18 teams actively participating, driving a strong standard of engagement and yes, plenty of bants (most of which is in Discord these days).

From annual awards, weekly match previews, a proud & rich history (also scandals) as well as controversial rules and trade periods... this is where you fantasy football addicts belong.

But before I go on, ask yourself these questions. Am I active/passion enough to:
1) submit my team every week?
2) respond to votes in a timely manner?
3) trade?
4) Get banterous?!

IF you answered yes to all those questions, and think this is a place you'd love to be a part of, then be sure to apply in this thread.  I can safely assume that the WXVs Community - and myself personally - will be placing a premium on active engagement. Whether that takes the form of banter, a loud voice in threads, or looking to bring fresh new ideas into the comp... that's up to you! I'll leave the application format up to the applicants. Don't take it likely, historically positions can almost solely be won on them.

ANYONE can apply, whether you are relatively new to FF or even a current WXVs coach, but remember when you write your applications, all the Worlds coaches will be voting for you, and will be reading them. So make sure you get in everything you want to say, but be careful of the TLDR glance (too long, didn't read).

The applicant with the most votes will take on the challenge of re-entering finals, keeping Mexico City on the track that Jroo has set in motion.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to either PM me or post here :)

Cheers all, and good luck!

Mexico City Suns

Full Name2019 POS12019 POS2AVG
James WorpelMIDFWD97.05
Nic NewmanDEF96.65
Lachie HunterMID95.27
James SicilyDEF93.82
Nic NaitanuiRUC93.67
Luke DunstanMID93.06
Sam WalshMID86.86
Bradley HillMID84.23
Anthony MilesMID83.82
Christian PetraccaMIDFWD81.27
Charlie ConstableMID80.00
Tom HickeyRUC78.39
Jack GrahamMID77.14
Jacob WeiteringDEF70.85
Callum WilkieDEF70.68
Jarryn GearyDEF70.20
Shai BoltonFWD69.81
Matthew BroadbentDEF69.20
Aaron NaughtonDEF67.73
Mason WoodFWD65.61
Adam KennedyDEF65.11
Paul PuopoloFWD63.82
Luke Davies-UniackeMID63.00
Jackson HatelyMID61.71
Jordan ClarkDEF60.94
Jack SilvagniDEFFWD59.82
Jordan MurdochMID58.86
Billy LongerRUC57.00
Matt GuelfiMID56.12
Lewis PierceRUC55.00
Lewis MelicanDEF52.41
Sam WrightDEF52.25
Jonathon MarshDEF50.60
Chayce JonesMID50.00
Ryan BastinacMID48.00
Noah BaltaFWD47.46
George Horlin-SmithMID45.29
Zac LangdonFWD44.67
Mitch HannanFWD41.17
Tom WilliamsonDEF38.50
Lynden DunnDEF0.00
Jordan CunicoMID0.00
Ben CavarraFWD0.00
Callum MooreFWD0.00
Jake TarcaFWD0.00
Riley Collier-DawkinsMID0.00

meow meow

Uh hi, my name is meow and I'm a WXV addict.

I've done some bad shower in my fantasy football life but admitting I have a problem is the first step on the long road to recovery.

I'm formally applying for the coaching position of the glorious Mexico City Suns.

Everyone knows where this list is at so I'm not going to go over the basics of what I'd do with it, but I will say that I'm an active trader and deals can be done.

Also something to note is that if my application is successful then I'm more than willing to cop a bit of punishment for my previous crimes and have spoken to Purps about swapping Sam Walsh for Ely Smith if Koop is keen. Hopefully that will help rectify the situation that I created at Christchurch.

Always online, always banterous, always willing to talk trades, always contributing.

Cheers cows

Pkbaldy

This team is definitely my style, so i'd like to apply.

I've been rebuilding teams since I join the XV scenes with both Americas XVIII (Successful) and British XV (Not so successful).
Jroo has left a very good foundation here, and i'd like to use my knowledge of drafting and trading to make it a powerhouse team once again.

Sadly I couldn't see myself doing a huge amount of major trades this season (2 or 3 depending on the offers), as this team just needs time to mature themselves to become super premiums. But i would look to bring in an extra forward and an extra defender into the side.

So if you don't want to give a side to someone who's going to turn it into a wooden spoon factory, give me a good crack at this side.

Cheers, Pk.

nas

Coaches of WXV.
                       I would like to be considered for the coaching position of WXV team advertised, Mexico City Suns.

Brief History & what I would bring to WXV?
Member of FF since March 2009.
Admin for EXV: Took on the Admin role to help & feel that I have helped in some way to turn the comp around, so that it is succesful as well.

Keeper League history:
A Coach that is competitive, doesn't mind trading to become competitive, constantly online, so as to respond to PM's, Voting, Drafting & all other that is required. Discord always check & comment, & responds to all DM's.
Currently a coach of BXV, & EXV, as well as coaching in both XV111's Competitions.

BXV team "Staines Steins," being my most successful in 2018 & 19 in becoming B2B Premiers. ADT team "Arizona Scorpions," Grand Finalist 2 years running, but just fell short at the last hurdle to claim this elusive grand prize.

JRoo has, as mentioned really built this team ready for another tilt at participating in the finals next year & with some trades & drafting needed mainly in defence.

In closing & as from all the above, maintain team thread, willing to help where needed, respond as soon as possible to all messages.

To all the applying coaches above applying, best of luck to all.

Cheers & thanks for your perusal & consideration,

nas.

Purple 77

Apologies coaches - a combination of coaches (and "Joker" being in cinemas last night) means I haven't sent the vote out yet  :-X but I shall do that tonight, and keep you all posted.

Purple 77

Thank you everyone for applying for the Mexico City position :)

I can announce that the new coach of Mexico City is...

Pkbaldy

There was a prevalent feeling amongst the voters that we had 3 very strong applicants, so I encourage meow and nas to apply for the next position for when it comes up.

Thanks everyone, and congrats PK!

GoLions

nas

Nige

Another former Cairo assistant getting a head coach gig.

iZander

Ringo

Pkbaldy

Cheers everyone. Thank you for the support and the votes. Special thanks to Nas and Meow for applying as well.

The burning Mexican Sun is coming.

DazBurg

congrats PK
bad luck Nas & Meow
all quality coaches in this bunch so was always going to be close