ADT: 2019 Awards Night!

Started by Nige, August 28, 2019, 07:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

How did the King Seagull get the Captaincy when Grundy averages 15 PPG more  ???

Ringo

Thanks for the night Nige well done.

popedelio

Cheers Nige

No most improved?

Would’ve thought that’s something Marshall would’ve gotten

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on August 28, 2019, 09:02:36 PM
Bit strange Zorko finishes 4th in the medal but can not make the team of the year?

I figured a question like that might arise.

So the Ben Graham Medal votes work on a 3-2-1 basis based on the highest scores in each matchup. To break up any ties in scores, preference goes to the player in the winning team (if a player from either side has the same score), and then goes to position (where non-mids are favoured so it isn't purely a midfielders award). If both players are mids or non-mids, it's randomised between the two.

For team of the week, it's just the highest scores of the week in each position. 4 def, 6 mids, 1 ruck, 4 fwd, 3 util. Utilities can obviously be from any position. So if the top 9 scores for the week are mids, the 3 utilities will be mids. For DPP players named in the utilities, they fill whichever position is yet to be filled (usually not mid, mainly fwd - see: Dunkley, TKelly etc). At the end of the process, those with the most TOTW reps to their name fill out the positions. Now obviously there are several players who featured the same amount of times so it defaulted to average.

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 28, 2019, 09:10:00 PM
How did the King Seagull get the Captaincy when Grundy averages 15 PPG more  ???
Handed out on TOTW appearances where Lloyd led the way with 9.

Quote from: popedelio on August 28, 2019, 09:15:42 PM
Cheers Nige

No most improved?

Would’ve thought that’s something Marshall would’ve gotten
I'm gonna be honest, I completely forgot about it when I made the list of awards to post throughout the night. I also forgot highest team score.

I'll post both of those later. Man's slaved over this for 2 hours and is hungry as hahaha.

nas