Main Menu

The 2019 Disaster

Started by TomK, August 25, 2019, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trindacut

Quote from: TomK on September 04, 2019, 05:00:32 PM
https://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-09-04/in-my-own-words-taylor-walker

QuoteAs my career is coming to the back end, I feel the time is right for someone else to lead this great Club
It has been a great privilege to lead this Club for the last five years, through some great times and some very sad and challenging times.

These times have made me realise what's really important in my life - family, mateship and making the most of the time we have in the game we all love.

I have made the decision to stand down so I can focus on enjoying my footy and spending time with my family.

When Walshy come to me and said I want you to lead this group... I’ll be honest, I said no.

What a silly answer that was, because this Club means so much to me.

The role has helped me grow, mature, learn and seek to understand others’ views but most of all I’ve enjoyed the challenge of leading this Football Club.

You can’t hold a leadership position without the support of many others and my team mates, coaches, mentors and many Club staff have played a major role in shaping who I am.

The Adelaide Crows have a long and proud history and this year has been one of the toughest.

We owe it to ourselves and the fans and members to get this club back to where it belongs and that’s playing finals footy every year.

I will always be grateful to the Adelaide Football Club for this opportunity and look forward to a big 2020.
Love ya Texan, good decision, just focus on your footy

All he needs to do now is drop 15kg so he can move faster than a fat slug.

Dave085

Well,  Don is gone... Brutal industry this one with 5 coaches losing their role this year. Will be interesting to see what happens from here. The start of a new leadership era.

Trindacut

I think the Crows have made a few sensible decisions in the off-season so far. Tex stepping down, Pyke too, and the man quietly heralded as bringing about the best era of a modern football (the chief) being involved in an external review.

Were I a Crows man I'd view this as progress.

Dave085

Quote from: Trindacut on September 12, 2019, 09:37:45 PM
I think the Crows have made a few sensible decisions in the off-season so far. Tex stepping down, Pyke too, and the man quietly heralded as bringing about the best era of a modern football (the chief) being involved in an external review.

Were I a Crows man I'd view this as progress.

Im happy so far.

I know we are trying to clear some older players but Eddie needs to stay. He is the type of guy that helps build culture. His knowledge and game craft is irreplaceable. Im not sure what to believe about the media reports but hearing that he isn't happy and wants out hurts...

Grazz

Apart from a couple of things we've basically got what we were calling for.
Coaches and list clean out, now we wait and see what comes of it. We
may go backwards in 2020 to go forwards but i'm down with that.

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on October 19, 2019, 12:38:15 PM
Sounds like another certain club I know which had to go backwards to go forwards so trust the same applies to you loyal supporters.

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo on October 19, 2019, 02:00:56 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 19, 2019, 12:38:15 PM
Sounds like another certain club I know which had to go backwards to go forwards so trust the same applies to you loyal supporters.
Sometimes it's necessary mate. This is one of those times.
Hopefully the kids can fill the void of the departed and we
won't slip to much if at all but it's likely.