WXV Vacant Coaching Position: New Delhi Tigers

Started by Purple 77, August 25, 2019, 10:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Well, this is weird.

The maiden premiership is but an hour old, but long time New Delhi co-coaches Ricochet & elephants have hung up the boots, and in magnificent style!

The duo have arguably accomplished WXVs greatest achievement - taking an awful, awful list in 2013, taking it into a Western Bulldogs-esque 2016 finals campaign, except it lost the premiership. After preliminary final losses in 2017 and 2018, 2019 was the last push and the Tigers got there, thus signing off a couple of WXVs greats.

They did inform me of their decision a while back, but out of respect, I was not opening up applications until their season was over. Because they made it all the way, it now means we'll postpone the trade period that would normally start tomorrow until we have found New Delhi's replacement.

APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT 6.00 PM AEST

This allows for 3 days for any interested coach to apply, which SHOULD be enough time to cater for their conflicting schedules.

I'll then send a vote on Wednesday night to the coaches, and should hopefully get the results within a day or two. Once I've announced the new coach, I'll open the trade period soon after.

Now, attention all aspiring applicants!

WXVs is a vibrant community of quality characters, from the head-strong Holz, to the quiet professionals in JROO and Boomz... and yes, even Nige. Year-on-year, we have 18 teams actively participating, driving a strong standard of engagement and yes, plenty of bants (most of which is in Discord these days).

From annual awards (recently completed), weekly match previews, a proud & rich history as well as controversial rules and trade periods... this is where you fantasy football addicts belong.

But before I go on, ask yourself these questions. Am I active/passion enough to:
1) submit my team every week?
2) respond to votes in a timely manner?
3) trade?
4) Get banterous?!

IF you answered yes to all those questions, and think this is a place you'd love to be a part of, then be sure to apply in this thread.  I can safely assume that the WXVs Community - and myself personally - will be placing a premium on active engagement. Whether that takes the form of banter, a loud voice in threads, or looking to bring fresh new ideas into the comp... that's up to you! I'll leave the application format up to the applicants this time around.

ANYONE can apply, whether you are relatively new to FF or even a current WXVs coach, but remember when you write your applications, all the Worlds coaches will be voting for you, and will be reading them. So make sure you get in everything you want to say, but be careful of the TLDR glance (too long, didn't read).

The applicant with the most votes will take on the challenge of winning back-to-back premierships, keeping the list fresh and fending off those mind tricks from Holz at the trade table (I kid, Holz is great).

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to either PM me or post here :)

Cheers all, and good luck!

New Delhi Tigers

Full NamePOS1POS2AVG
Jake LloydDEF109.1
Bachar HouliDEF107.33
Scott PendleburyMID105.9
Shannon HurnDEF104.17
Dan HanneberyMID96
Steele SidebottomMID94.3
Stefan MartinRUC90.48
Luke DahlhausMIDFWD87.45
Jack DarlingFWD86.52
Jordan DawsonMID85.21
Shane SavageDEF84.71
Ed LangdonMID84.52
Angus BrayshawMID82.48
Robbie GrayMIDFWD81.61
Sam MenegolaMIDFWD81.33
Jack MartinMIDFWD77.47
Darcy TuckerMID73.62
Jack NewnesMIDFWD73.42
Scott SelwoodMID72.5
Rupert WillsMID69.14
Oscar McInerneyFWD65.94
Jacob DawsonMID65.17
Mitchell HingeDEF64.5
Noah AnswerthDEFMID63.5
Trent McKenzieDEF110
Riley KnightMIDFWD63.4
Sam TaylorDEF58.29
Harry MorrisonMIDFWD55.88
Archie SmithRUC55
Aidyn JohnsonFWD54
Brayden SierMID54
Stephen HillDEF48
Jake SteinDEF48
James RoseFWD47
Robert YoungFWD39.67
Nakia CockatooFWD0
Paddy McCartinFWD0
Sam SimpsonMID0
Toby WoollerFWD0
Fergus GreeneFWD0
Sam MurrayDEF0
Laitham VandermeerDEFMID0
Harry EdwardsRUC0
Tim BroomheadMIDFWD0

fanTCfool

Trent McKenzie is the highest averaging player on the WXV reigning premier, good luck calling that one in March!
Looking forward to these applications, big shoes to fill.

Purple 77

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 25, 2019, 10:07:30 PM
Trent McKenzie is the highest averaging player on the WXV reigning premier, good luck calling that one in March!
Looking forward to these applications, big shoes to fill.

I just, couldn't put him on top of the list :P

Nige

If the successful applicant doesn’t win the premiership in 2020 with the reigning premiership list, surely that’s cause for instant dismissal!

RaisyDaisy

One Jake Lloyd will buy my vote

Good Luck to the applicants

;D

TommyC

I'd love to apply, but the pressure of going back 2 back is too great for me  :P.

Nige

Quote from: TommyC on August 26, 2019, 01:30:18 PM
I'd love to apply, but the pressure of going back 2 back is too great for me  :P.
Think of how good a flex it would be to come in and win a premiership in your first season!

TommyC

Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2019, 01:35:33 PM
Think of how good a flex it would be to come in and win a premiership in your first season!
I'll be then known as the Chris Scott of the fantasy world

Nige

Quote from: TommyC on August 26, 2019, 01:38:38 PM
At least you won't be able to make late changes here.  ;D

TommyC

Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2019, 01:39:33 PM
Quote from: TommyC on August 26, 2019, 01:38:38 PM
At least you won't be able to make late changes here.  ;D
You've convinced me, I'll get my application in by the end of the day.  8)

TommyC

Hey FF.

I'm TommyC, Tommy, or just another fantasy football enthusiast.
This is my application for the Senior Coaching role at the New Delhi Tigers. I’ve been around the fantasy football scene for a few years, and I find myself taking every new season more seriously. I primarily do Supercoach, which makes applying for a Worlds team a perfect opportunity. I use the forum frequently, and enjoy reading threads, trying my best to contribute where possible.

I’m new to coaching and haven't held a coaching position in a keeper league before, but I saw the vacancy and wanted to snatch the opportunity. After looking at the list, and it’s recent success, I'm very keen to pull a 2011 Chris Scott and steal a flag from some coaching legends.

Analysing this list, it is obviously full of superstars, young talent and experienced heads. Without delving too deep:
The team includes captains, Premiership players and All Australian players (Pendlebury, Hurn, Hannebery), which provide a great base.
DEF and MID are both solid lines.
FWD line contains some inconsistent scorers. Definitely one of my primary focuses.
RUC - Stef Martin has been a reliable ruck option for many seasons and should have one or two years left.

This vacancy allows me to become more involved in the FF scene, as well as learning valuable information from more experienced members. This job has big boots to fill, but I believe I am up for the task.

Thanks for reading lads.

kilbluff1985

Hello WXV coaches,

I was more excited when i found out there was a WXV open spot than finding out Essendon made the finals, as most of you know i have been waiting 5 years to get a team, hopefully that ends with this application.

I'm just going to do a few bullet points of what i will bring to the comp then talk about my plans with the team.

• Very active, so i'm quick to respond to league needs like drafting, trade talks and votes.
  • Good banter and active in discord.
  • Very active trader, in ADT, BXV and ASC i'd say i'm one of the more active traders.
  • Very passionate about my current 3 teams have had them for a number of seasons and never considered leaving any.
  • All 3 of my teams are considered contenders but in ADT i finished last this year because of Titch and Ward injuries i expect to be a contender again next year.

Here are some quotes from admins of the leagues about my involvement in them, please note they're from last year.

Quote from: Jukes on August 25, 2018, 09:43:02 PM
KB has been a coach since the origin draft of AXVIII SC, one of I think three coaches to have coached the whole way through. 100% reliable in naming teams and I can't remember him missing a week. Has to be commended for transforming Anaheim from an okay team (8th in 2015, 6th in 2016) to a contender through a hard and heavy trading strategy where he targeted old farts, and he was pretty unlucky not to play in a grand final the last couple seasons, both injuries and form-wise. Always active and trying to improve his team and I genuinely think that he would be a good coach in WXV, both in performance and banter.

Quote from: Ringo on August 25, 2018, 02:18:10 PM
KB has been very active coach in British xvs coming in to take over the Birmingham Bombers in 2013 taking over from a the coach who drafted team. He changed the name to Birmingham Dragons in 2014 in an endeavour to get his team up the ladder which he has succeeded in doing being knocked out in the preliminary final this year.

Now for my plans for the team,

I actually want to do a mini rebuild, no Lloyd wont be for sale but guys older than him will be like Pendles, Hurn, Houli, Sidey etc and build around the mid 20 year old guys, some of you might be shocked i want to go this route lol, but  if i got a couple older guys in and won next year i wouldn't get that much satisfaction out of it  as i didn't really make it happen.

Anyway i think that's about it i'm pretty confident if you vote for me you wont regret it, hopefully i will be trading with you soon.

AaronKirk

Hi all,

I would like to put an application forward to be the new coach of the New Delhi Tigers,

Having spent the year away from WXV I would like the opportunity (if it arises) to return as a coach of a team.

I am always around to post my team on time, check trade votes, messages etc. My lack of activity this year is due to the fact I have not been involved with an XV team in 2019.

In my previous role as a Co-Coach (along with RD) with New York Revolution after finishing 14th in the season we took over as co-coaches mid season we were able to make the finals they every season from 2015 to 2017 before finishing 9th in 2018 with a positive win loss record.

There is a very solid core group of senior players in the NDT current list and the main role if I were to become the NDT coach would be to be active to refreshen the list and lower the age profile of the list, particularly in the midfield which the 4 highest averaging starting mids (Pendles, Hanners, Sidebottom and Dahlhaus) midfielders in the 2019 season will be 28 years and older come the start of 2020.

Landgon and Brayshaw have potential to be long term mid options but if they both play in the same team in 2020 it will be interesting to see if both can further improve their output to push to be regular starting options.

Big O should get DPP next year so the ruck with him and Stef Martin is solid.

The team has a strong starting forward line and strong defensive lines but may need a tad more defensive depth going into 2020.

Nevertheless if I have the opportunity to return to coaching in 2020 I will be very active at the trade table.

The main reason for this application is to see if I can get more active again on FF after missing out after stepping away in 2019.

Cheers.

Holz

Purple 77

And applications are closed!

The next New Delhi coach will be either:
- TommyC;
- kilbluff1985; or
- AaronKirk

I will be sending a vote to the WXV community shortly, asking them to vote for their most preferred candidate. I envisage this will take between 24-48 hours to do, and I'll announce the winner once I know who it is :)

Good luck everyone!