Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

anyone interested in ross

look at his scores since the new coach

fanTCfool

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 23, 2019, 10:59:47 AM
anyone interested in ross

look at his scores since the new coach

He finishes strong every year, look at his 2018 numbers in the run home.

enzedder

Def - Lloyd, Docherty, Williams
Mid - Titch, Macrae, Dunkley, Neale
Rucks - Gawn, Grundy
Fwd - Danger

Grazz

Not that I have any runs on the board of late with SC that would warrant paying any attention to me
I've always felt that Guns & Rooks is the way to go, I can build decent starting teams in SC (have been number 1 in early rounds)
after that i'm quite adept at flowering them up better than most lately.  :-\

New plan for 2020, build a starting team then tag the shower out of blokes like RD, Holz and the likes of Wato
(hoping he can get back to his lofty heights of the past)
I'm not going to win jack shower but i'm fed up with finishing in or around the 4k mark occasionally much worse.  :P

crowls

Quote from: Grazz on August 23, 2019, 05:24:42 PM
Not that I have any runs on the board of late with SC that would warrant paying any attention to me
I've always felt that Guns & Rooks is the way to go, I can build decent starting teams in SC (have been number 1 in early rounds)

New plan for 2020, build a starting team then tag the shower out of blokes like RD, Holz and the likes of Wato
I'm not going to win jack shower but i'm fed up with finishing in or around the 4k mark occasionally much worse.  :P
spot on grazz,  simple game   1. GnR    2. No high priced rookies  3. No Sideways trades,   4. Limit trades so you have min 4+ at finals.  5. Must use Captain loophole,   6.  Cannot afford to have number 4 or lower ruck, possibly even no 3 ruck.  costs you 400+ points each season.   

enzedder

Quote from: crowls on August 23, 2019, 08:20:31 PM

spot on grazz,  simple game   1. GnR    2. No high priced rookies  3. No Sideways trades,   4. Limit trades so you have min 4+ at finals.  5. Must use Captain loophole,   6.  Cannot afford to have number 4 or lower ruck, possibly even no 3 ruck.  costs you 400+ points each season.   
Sometimes you need the high priced rooks. Cripps and Walsh being a couple of examples.

crowls

Quote from: enzedder on August 23, 2019, 08:35:08 PM

Sometimes you need the high priced rooks. Cripps and Walsh being a couple of examples.
good examples nz,  the question is would your season have been destroyed by not having walsh.   when it comes to cash generation better value and less risk with a low priced rookie who is playing.    rookies is all about who is getting a game.    I missed out on the three richmond rookies in first half of the season and it cost me big time and left me scrambling for good value upgrades rather than best prem option.

Holz

Quote from: crowls on August 23, 2019, 08:48:03 PM
Quote from: enzedder on August 23, 2019, 08:35:08 PM

good examples nz,  the question is would your season have been destroyed by not having walsh.   when it comes to cash generation better value and less risk with a low priced rookie who is playing.    rookies is all about who is getting a game.    I missed out on the three richmond rookies in first half of the season and it cost me big time and left me scrambling for good value upgrades rather than best prem option.

I reckon you would have a huge disadvantage without walsh. Rules are nice and they work most the time but there are guys outside of these rules and there where very good signs walsh was an exception to the rule.

trade hard trade early is still my number 1 rule for a good ranking. I started the season poorly but made agressive moves and picked up cheap cover once you get a lead over most of the comp you just need to hold on. Much harder making up ground on complete teams with a better complete teams then it is to get a lead with a complete team over incomplete teams.

Goosey

I really dislike picking a full GNR team, because too many poor scoring rookies set you back early. I like to find value low/mid-pricers that help eliminate the inevitable 30-40 point scores from basement priced rookies.

This year I started the likes of B.Smith, Z.Williams, J.Ridley, B.Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Cousins, Worpel, D.Moore, L.McCarthy.

R1 I was at 10,980, R2 1,320 and by R11 I was down to 416. Currently at 866, this has been by far my best season ever. Definitely need a bit of luck with injuries, but I was also more conservative with my trades early. I usually come out of the byes with not many trades left but this year not trading so hard early kept me in good stead.

Out of those listed above, I still have Smith, Crouch and Worpel (bad move trading Williams when he got injured!).

One thing to note is that I did not manage to "complete" my team, still having Duursma at M8 (and Answerth in DEF for effective DPP) and looping other bench players. I think racing to complete your team is maybe a bit overrated?

Starting with Grundy and Gawn, not paying top dollar for the high end mids, and fielding as few basement rookies as possible has been a good formula this year.

I will definitely be trying to deploy the same strategy next year.

enzedder

In addition to the above I'll add that some mid pricers can be worth their weight in gold.
Of the teams that finish top 1k this year I bet a fair proportion had BSmith and BCrouch.
I had neither and was rightfully peeved off by how well they went over the duration. Both of them have played every game as well.

crowls

Quote from: enzedder on August 24, 2019, 05:18:55 PM
In addition to the above I'll add that some mid pricers can be worth their weight in gold.
Of the teams that finish top 1k this year I bet a fair proportion had BSmith and BCrouch.
I had neither and was rightfully peeved off by how well they went over the duration. Both of them have played every game as well.
had both nz,  kept crouch all season and traded smith rd14 for stewart.  smith avg'd 93.6 for rest of the season.   in effect a wasted trade.    could have done with trade to upgrade logue later on.   my trading was poor this season.   

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on August 24, 2019, 02:02:19 PM
trade hard trade early is still my number 1 rule for a good ranking. I started the season poorly but made agressive moves and picked up cheap cover once you get a lead over most of the comp you just need to hold on. Much harder making up ground on complete teams with a better complete teams then it is to get a lead with a complete team over incomplete teams.

I screwed myself not trading hard early this year. Last year, I did really well but the biggest mistake was Billings. I held him for too long but, when I did trade him, he came good (and oh so good). This year, I told myself I wouldn't make the mistake of trading right before someone came good again... What I should have done is learnt from the first mistake and traded straight away. I held Greene and Brayshaw through all the crap, finally trading Greene just before he started dominating and Brayshaw before his last three games (93 avg over last three but traded to Bont for 110 so at least ended ahead on that one).

Basically, I learnt nothing... but I vow to not make the same mistake a third time!

frenzy

Quote from: crowls on August 27, 2019, 10:09:40 PM
Quote from: enzedder on August 24, 2019, 05:18:55 PM
had both nz,  kept crouch all season and traded smith rd14 for stewart.  smith avg'd 93.6 for rest of the season.   in effect a wasted trade.    could have done with trade to upgrade logue later on.   my trading was poor this season. /

agree, made some iffy trades myself.

Sven

The guys over at SC Talk have already put together a handy guide to 2020 projected prices.  ;D

https://supercoachtalk.com/supercoach-2020-estimated-prices/

Having a look through, my 2020 side looks like this at the moment.

DEF: J. Lloyd, Z. Williams, S. Docherty, D. Houston, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)
MID: J. Macrae, L. Neale, T. Mitchell, D. Martin, C. Ward, rookie, rookie, rookie (H. Bennell, rookie, rookie)
RUC: B. Grundy, M. Gawn (D. Cameron)
FWD: T. Kelly, C. Daniel, D. Smith, Q. Narkle, I. Rankine, C. Cockatoo (rookie, rookie)

LaHug

Quote from: Sven on August 30, 2019, 01:30:13 AM
The guys over at SC Talk have already put together a handy guide to 2020 projected prices.  ;D

https://supercoachtalk.com/supercoach-2020-estimated-prices/

Having a look through, my 2020 side looks like this at the moment.

DEF: J. Lloyd, Z. Williams, S. Docherty, D. Houston, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)
MID: J. Macrae, L. Neale, T. Mitchell, D. Martin, C. Ward, rookie, rookie, rookie (H. Bennell, rookie, rookie)
RUC: B. Grundy, M. Gawn (D. Cameron)
FWD: T. Kelly, C. Daniel, D. Smith, Q. Narkle, I. Rankine, C. Cockatoo (rookie, rookie)

Dusty should be forward eligible just fyi