WXV Award Nominations 2019

Started by Purple 77, August 18, 2019, 01:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Click here to view Kate's Best and Fairest award for 2019 (among other awards)!

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 18, 2019, 02:07:18 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 18, 2019, 01:58:13 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 18, 2019, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 18, 2019, 01:50:22 PM
Can I give my coaches award to a player not on my list?

Hmmm... no, a fun thought tho.
Bummer. Wanted to give it to Angus Brayshaw for having such a good 2018 season meaning he had value at the trade table :D

And Danger 2nd? :P
Danger a close second yes :D

Just quietly, I think NDT have done alright despite "gaining" Brayshaw, so not all bad news for them, you know, making a grand final.

Toga

Beijing coaches' award:
Tight between the two Darcys (both new to the club, acquired in the same trade package) for this one. But it has to be Darcy Byrne-Jones who ended up locking down our D2 position this year after increasing his average by close to 20 ppg. Still a little bit raw but excluding his absolute stinker this week he would have averaged 103 ppg over the back half of the season which is a great effort.

Beijing B&F:
Who else but the highest averaging player in the game and our captain courageous. Well done again to big Brodie Grundy with his enormous game-topping average of 128 ppg. 8)

JBs-Hawks

Seoul B&F

1st: Clayton Oliver  39 votes
2nd: Patrick Dangerfield 38 votes
3rd: Josh Kelly 30 votes

Coaches Award
Lachie Weller
Finally given his defense status and consistently locked down our D3 position were we could lock him in for a score between 80 and 100.

Holz

Coaches award: Todd Goldstein
MVP award: Todd Goldstein
#1 Dublin Legend: Todd Goldstein

His back half of the year has been nothing short of brilliant. As good as that prime year.

Nige

Best and Fairest: Tom Stewart

Coaches Award: Mitch Robinson

Probably could have given the Coaches Award to a few players but imo Mitch Robinson is our most deserving player. Coming in to the season, he was just a M/F player who I figured would average a respectable 80-85ish average, but in the end he ws basically F1 and not only was he a consistent and reliable member of the XV, but he had a career best year and put up some really good scores.

upthemaidens

Pacific Islanders Best and Fairest of 2019:  Marcus Bontempelli     -Increased output by 10 points to an elite 114avg.-

Coaches Award: Jarryd Lyons

Started slowly at a new club, but turned the heat up just before byes.  Last 12 matches of the season he averaged 115 with a huge ceiling.
   The other players in consideration were Witts and Bont.  Both taking their game to another level.

DazBurg

PNL
BNF - Zach Merrett -
Coaches Award - Darcy Moore, used pick 30 to trae for him and before injury was a solid defender for us

PowerBug

Rio:

BnF - Patrick Cripps (See here)
Coaches Award - Karl Amon

Ricochet

NDT

BnF: Jake Lloyd
Coaches Award: Bachar Houli - Looked past it last year with a 74ave, but bounced back with a vengeance this year, going at 105.

Jroo

B&F - Lachie Hunter

Coaches Award - Sam Walsh

Holz

Quote from: Jroo on August 21, 2019, 10:17:24 PM
B&F - Lachie Hunter

poor Worp arguably deserved both awards

Jroo

Quote from: Holz on August 22, 2019, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: Jroo on August 21, 2019, 10:17:24 PM
B&F - Lachie Hunter

poor Worp arguably deserved both awards
If our season was still going he would've won both  :P

Boomz

B&F + Coaches Award - Josh Dunkley
Finally played as a mid for (almost) the whole year and became my go-to Captain option every week.

fanTCfool

Toronto Wolves - Best & Fairest

Winner: Jack Macrae (51 Votes)
2nd: Travis Boak (38.5)
3rd: Rowan Marshall (33.5)
4th: Tim Kelly (27.5)
5th: Tom Hawkins (18)

Click here to read the full count.