Main Menu

Survivor S39: Island of the Idols

Started by Nige, May 20, 2019, 08:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Sandra and Boston Rob are back as advisors/mentors, plus Canadians can apply now so there'll probably be a few on the cast.

kilbluff1985

crowls

Nige

Quote from: crowls on August 27, 2019, 10:49:43 PM
when is season due to start?

It's just under a month away now, September 25th (so the 26th for us).

Nige

Cast has been officially revealed in case anyone missed it.

Jukes

Season 40 on the horizon has ruined my hype for Island of the Idols. I’ll obviously watch it but will have to be a special season to keep me as engaged as usual.

From the cast - Molly and Chelsea interest me on first glance because I’m shallow af - and Chelsea loves Curb.

Jukes

Feelsbadman

Socially adept player who is reasonably good looking and on the other side of the numbers? Must be Parvati 2, bye bye

kilbluff1985

yeah dont really care about this season

Nige

Yet to comment on this season here, but I've been enjoying it so far.

I actually really like this cast, there are definitely some great characters this season who should only get better with more airtime.

IotI has been good so far, it's been used pretty well, and both Sandra and Rob have been hilarious with their commentary, you can tell they're enjoying themselves.

Can't really pick a winner at the moment, but Tommy is doing a bit of narrating and we're seeing a fair few strategic confessional from him so it won't be a shock to see him go deep.

Nige

Okay so, this season has honestly been great.

We've got a great cast, had a fantastic pre-merge, a lot of camp life and human moments, and the fact it stayed two tribes all pre-merge was refreshing. No idols going into merge for the first time since BvW which is very cool.

Oh and Kellee, she deadset one of the best moves I've ever seen in Survivor with giving Dean her idol, having him play and then still voting for him. I think a female is winning this season and right now, she's definitely firming as my winner pick but I still think it's pretty open.

kilbluff1985

only just watched this weeks ep, wow!

and yeah starting to like this season more

RaisyDaisy

Yikes, don't think I've ever seen something like that Dan scenario before - black screen and all

kilbluff1985

yeah the dan thing is weird

lol kelle not playing an idol

kilbluff1985

dont like not having reward challenges

Jukes

Definitely been a good season so far - in the top half of seasons between HvV and WaW SO FAR. All could go downhill with some stupid play or advantages or idol intervention. It’s probably on par with BvW for me at this stage.

Can’t say I’m too invested in any one character at this stage, all would be worthy/funny winners except I guess Karishma who, as opposed to what Reddit will tell you, is a Will Sims-esque dead fish but without being near as much of a POS (still cry every night for you Shiriin). Dan, Dean and Noura, although unlikely, would be worthy meme-winners on par with Fabio and Chris. Janet and Elaine would certainly be trail blazers against the winner mould, while you have to imagine Tommy and Lauren are in the drivers seat as classical winners at this stage. And before our final 8, no real dud characters apart from I guess Chelsea and Ronnie who didn’t exactly get enough screentime to prove their worth’s anyway.