WXV Vacant Coaching Position: Christchurch Saints

Started by Purple 77, April 08, 2019, 07:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

We have a result!

With 16 out of 17 teams voted, and with now with a clear majority, I am pleased to announce that the new coach of Christchurch is...

Koop!

There was a strong feeling amongst the WXV community that all three applications would have been good choices, and I couldn't agree more.

I'm near certain that one or more of KB, SL and PK will be the next WXV coach, and I sincerely hope you all apply the next time.

But in the meantime, a big welcome and congratulations to Koop, who has a mountain of a challenge awaiting him!

Nige

SilverLion

Koop

Well, this is a nice early 21st birthday present!

A lonely 2,537 days ago (October 2012), I applied for my first WXV coaching gig. I remember it well, ossie had just quit the forum in unfortunate circumstances and Purple was thrust into the admin spotlight. I applied along with a host of others including current WXV coaches in Torp, Jroo, Jay & JB. Spinking ended up taking the reigns, but the quality of the coaches I was up against all those years ago is no different to the quality of the coaches I was up against this time around. That speaks testament to KB, SL & Pk and the quality of their character and what they each bring to both the forum and the XV's. Commiserations and hopefully I'll see you get a position in the not so distant future, you're all extremely capable and fantastic blokes to boot.

I would like to say a massive thank you to both Toga & Nige for allowing me to be their understudies for periods of time throughout the last 3 years, I learnt some invaluable skills and cannot wait to go up against both of you in the near future.

I would also like to thank Purple for his commitment to running this competition with diligence and passion over the last 7 years, keeping the prestigious and 'holy grail' nature of the WXV alive surely isn't an easy task, but it's allowed now me, and plenty others to realise ambitions of being part of a fantastic community over the last couple of years.

Thank you to everyone who showed confidence by voting for me, and I can't wait to get amongst it!