2019 Rising Star Award

Started by Ringo, March 25, 2019, 07:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Eligibilty is as per AFL Rules. Under 21 years of age as 1st January and played less than 10 games in previous years,

The highest scoring eligible player each week will be nominated for our rising star award. Alex Witherden took the honour of winning this award in 2018, who will win it this year?

Weekly Winners:
Rd 1:  Willem Drew
Rd 2:  Sam Walsh
Rd 3:  Connor Rozee
Rd 4:  Jack Scrimshaw
Rd 5:  Liam Baker
Rd 6:  Xavier Duursma
Rd 7:  Jackson Hately
Rd 8:  James Cousins
Rd 9:  Bailey Smith
Rd 10: Noah Balta
Rd 11: Dylan Clarke
Rd 12: Josh Battle
Rd 13: Will Settlefield.
Rd 14: Gyran Miers

Ringo

If I have all my calculations correct the Rd 1 Rising Star Winner is Willem Drew from the Hoods just in Advance of Sam Walsh.

Ringo

Rd 2 Rising Star Winner is Sam Walsh just in front of Xavier Dursma and James Cousins/

Ringo

Rd  3 Rising Star Winner Connor Rozee from Oxford Lions

SilverLion

Ringo

Rd 4 Rising Star Winner is Jack Scrimshaw from Leeds Leeches.

SydneyRox

Round 5 - Jordan Dawson is a little dirty he is too old, but his 202 was huge!!

SilverLion

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 23, 2019, 11:14:11 AM
He's probably even dirtier that he was only an emergency ;)

SydneyRox

Quote from: SilverLion on April 23, 2019, 12:43:20 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on April 23, 2019, 11:14:11 AM
He's probably even dirtier that he was only an emergency ;)

Ha! I know right.
Coach had some faith (he was 2nd emerg), but not enough!! wouldnt have even got me close to a win if he had played which is sadder still!!

Ringo

Rd 5  Rising Star is Bailey Smith - Liam Baker ruing the fact that he was born the wrong side of Jan 1.

crowls

Surely this is the Sam Walsh Rising Star award.    Hard to see anybody beating Walsh.    The kid is a bloody genius footballer.

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on April 23, 2019, 02:50:20 PM
Rd 5  Rising Star is Bailey Smith - Liam Baker ruing the fact that he was born the wrong side of Jan 1.
Both my first round picks got nominated in the first 5 rounds, gotta be happy with that :D

But yes crowls, seems they're all fighting for second at this stage

GoLions

The Round 6 Rising Star nomination goes to Xavier Duursma from the Nottingham Hoods, scoring 160 down back!

Josh Battle and Gryan Miers from the Badgers falling just short with 154 and 152 respectively up forward :(

Ringo

Liam Baker is the Rising Star for this week. He was born the right side of Jan 1 Admin error apologies.

SilverLion

Quote from: SilverLion on April 23, 2019, 06:11:35 PM
Both my first round picks got nominated in the first 5 rounds, gotta be happy with that :D

But yes crowls, seems they're all fighting for second at this stage
Bailey will have to bide his time a bit longer :(