UTG Season 4: Discussion & Banter Thread

Started by fanTCfool, March 11, 2019, 10:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

I like that suggestion FTC

I also think gold packs should increase in price

at the start of the year its a hard choice between gold and value but as the season progess it makes sense to just buy gold.

I tihnk they should increase from 35g to 45g during the byes.

I also think we should expand the list sizes during the byes so its 4 defenders 4 mids 1 ruck and 4 forwards and 2 utilties. That stops it from being just grab the best of the best and you need to keep multiple good players.

Realistically at this point i have a almost perfect team and i dont even have a good team. If i had to field more players the strategy of just getting golds and going to uber plats is gone.

jvalles69

I agree with increasing the size of the teams.

I'd be interested to know what the percentages are of mids, forwards and defenders, maybe make numbers based on that?  For instance I've had too many mids this year to know what to do with and I've struggled with defenders until late in the season.  Based on % it could end up looking like:

Def: x 3
Mid: x 5
Ruc: x 1
For: x 4

Gigantor

I like the idea of coaches having to plan around keeping more lesser players so i agree with a second team size increase later in the season

To also encourage coaches to keep lesser cards I feel there could be a few tweaks to rarity and team chemistry rounds
I think the current setup doesn't really provide much incentive to do any strategic planning
A 30g difference between 1st and last isn't that much of penalty if you don't try, could the prize money be doubled to be the same as a regular round?

In rarity round could Golds be dropped to 0% bonus and Plats -10% to encourage more use of Bronze/Silver players?

Could we also look at the Team Chemistry bonuses for the same reasons?
I know increments of 5% make it look simple but something like 5%-11%-18%-26%-35% might encourage the use of lesser cards

Understand that this might take to much focus from the main round but just throwing out some ideas.

jvalles69

Had a squiz on SC for totals.

286 def: 39 played every match, 97 3 or less
278 mid: 54 played every match, 92 3 or less
314 for: 42 played every match, 108 3 or less

Shame you can't filter to find players who have just played...unless you can't filter that on the app which is what I'm using.

Gigantor

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 01, 2019, 02:21:48 PM

Shame you can't filter to find players who have just played...unless you can't filter that on the app which is what I'm using.

Zero Games

DEF: 66
MID: 70
FWD: 81

jvalles69

Quote from: Gigantor on August 01, 2019, 02:29:12 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 01, 2019, 02:21:48 PM

Zero Games

DEF: 66
MID: 70
FWD: 81

Ok,so that makes it look relatively balanced then.

Gigantor

DEF
18   39
17   22
16   12
15   18
14   12
13   11
12   8
11   7
10   7
9   6
8   6
7   9
6   7
5   8
4   12
3   6
2   14
1   15
0   65

MID
18   54
17   22
16   12
15   12
14   10
13   10
12   4
11   5
10   6
9   10
8   4
7   9
6   7
5   9
4   5
3   6
2   7
1   11
0   67

FWD
18   42
17   17
16   16
15   12
14   9
13   14
12   14
11   7
10   11
9   13
8   5
7   11
6   10
5   8
4   7
3   10
2   15
1   11
0   78

RUC
18   5
17   2
16   4
15   2
14   3
13   2
12   2
11   1
8   3
7   1
6   1
5   1
4   1
3   3
2   8
1   4
0   28

Holz

i like having 4 defenders if you have to play a bad one soo be it, it should be a challenge.

fanTCfool

Thanks to all for getting involved in UTG this season, in which, I felt, was our best season yet. There's been plenty of good discussion already, but if you're sitting on any ideas for next season and going forward, now is the time to let them see the light of day!

I'd also love an indication as to whether or not you intend to return for the 2020 season for administrative purposes.

Thanks all!

jvalles69

Well I have to defend my crown so I'll be back.  I think the main thing I thought was to increase the size of the teams in some way?  Would also give you less work for trade in's FTC because he would need to hold onto more players.

Holz

ill be back.

id love to move to

4 defenders
4 mids
1 ruck
4 fwds
2 utilities

so teams are different and not just the best of the best guys.

I also think we should have

1 utility instead of 1 extra mid to start the season. So you can play 2 rucks, play a fwd or def if required.

Nige

I don't think turning UTG into another token XVs comp is the way to go. The point of difference with the team formation is one of the best and unique parts of the comp.

Maybe it's worth bringing back the flood/attack cards (at a rarity to be decided - same as EP/CC?) to add that variation, or perhaps expanding twice in the season.

Keep the current two phases, but created a 3rd one where teams have to get even bigger to put more emphasis on depth. Also maybe move the transition to 3-4-1-3 forward a bit to accommodate the new phase.

Also there needs to be some adjustment to pricing of certain packs as well I think.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2019, 12:40:43 PM
I don't think turning UTG into another token XVs comp is the way to go. The point of difference with the team formation is one of the best and unique parts of the comp.

Maybe it's worth bringing back the flood/attack cards (at a rarity to be decided - same as EP/CC?) to add that variation, or perhaps expanding twice in the season.

Keep the current two phases, but created a 3rd one where teams have to get even bigger to put more emphasis on depth. Also maybe move the transition to 3-4-1-3 forward a bit to accommodate the new phase.

Also there needs to be some adjustment to pricing of certain packs as well I think.

i think its too easy to  get pretty much 80-90% to the perfect team. Its really easy just getting gold packs and getting an elite team, there was very little differences between the top and bottom team at the end.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on August 26, 2019, 12:51:14 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2019, 12:40:43 PM

i think its too easy to  get pretty much 80-90% to the perfect team. Its really easy just getting gold packs and getting an elite team, there was very little differences between the top and bottom team at the end.

The majority of my packs towards the end were mainly frag packs, so different strategies paid off, i didn't really get that many gold packs at all unless it was all I could afford.

I like the idea of having 2 transition phases for team size too.

Holz

on that i think frag packs should be changed to any player of your choice in that position.

So say you have Jake Llyod already and you got 4 defender frags you could turn it into Lachie Whitfield.

It really increases the incentive to go for frag packs which is a good thing as it avoids the gold pack rush that most went for. It also solves the problem if one of the frag guys turns into a spud or gets injured or something.