AXV Coaching Position available - Manilla Folders

Started by Rids, February 17, 2019, 11:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rids

Hi everyone,

Due to the extended fanfooty forum absence of the coach of the Manilla Folders, the league is now looking for a replacement coach.

The squad is as per below:

Manilla Folders
Def: J Lloyd (Syd), C Mills (Syd), D Houston (Port), J Carlisle (St K), J Walker (Bris), A Pearce (Freo) H Andrews (Bris), D Astbury (Rich), S Lemmens (GC), B McKay (NM), S Skinner (Bris), T Cole (WCE), P Ambrose (Ess), K Farrell (Port), Z. Guthrie (Geel), W Hamill (Adel)

Mid: J P Kennedy (Syd), J Selwood (Gee), P Cripps (Carl), B Gibbs (Carl), S Ross (St K), H Greenwood (Adel), B Stretch (Melb), J Williams (NM), J Harmes (Melb), J Atley (Port), R Henderson (Haw), P Ahern (Nth), L. O'Brien (Carl), Z Butters (Port), T Berry (Bris)

Ruck: T Bellchambers (Ess), N Vardy (WCE), M Lobbe (Carl), A Smith (Bris)

Fwd: T McLean (WB), C Dixon (Port), J Jenkins (Adel), D Menzel (Gee), K Lambert (Rich), M King (StK), P McCartin (St K), J Townsend (Rich), L Webb (WB), F Greene (WB), N Larkey (NM), B Davis (Adel), C Ballenden (Bris), Wil Powell (GC)

All applications are welcome. The AXV comp has had a little make-over for season 2019. Teams have been reduced from 16 to 12 to try and gain a more competitive league.

Applications to be closed off by midnight Wednesday 20th Feb.

Experience will not be a factor. We are just after people who will be active and contribute to the AXV forums.

Thanks everyone! Please message me with any questions.

Rids

Peter

Is the league like other drafts where you can trade or switch players?

Rids

Quote from: Peter on February 17, 2019, 09:22:49 PM
Is the league like other drafts where you can trade or switch players?

The comp is a keeper league. There is trade periods and we also do drafts every season. No limit of delistings etc. Team lists are 50.

There is still a rookie draft to come after a new coach has been appointed.

Football Factory

Peter wanted to know more about how the comp works, i sent this message. We can help him along the way.

Hey mate, in this competition the squad you have is yours forever until you leave, or the comp dies. So the list of players below will be yours unless you trade them or they get delisted by their real AFL club.

Manilla Folders

Def: J Lloyd (Syd), C Mills (Syd), D Houston (Port), J Carlisle (St K), J Walker (Bris), A Pearce (Freo) H Andrews (Bris), D Astbury (Rich), S Lemmens (GC), B McKay (NM), S Skinner (Bris), T Cole (WCE), P Ambrose (Ess), K Farrell (Port), Z. Guthrie (Geel), W Hamill (Adel)

Mid: J P Kennedy (Syd), J Selwood (Gee), P Cripps (Carl), B Gibbs (Carl), S Ross (St K), H Greenwood (Adel), B Stretch (Melb), J Williams (NM), J Harmes (Melb), J Atley (Port), R Henderson (Haw), P Ahern (Nth), L. O'Brien (Carl), Z Butters (Port), T Berry (Bris)

Ruck: T Bellchambers (Ess), N Vardy (WCE), M Lobbe (Carl), A Smith (Bris)

Fwd: T McLean (WB), C Dixon (Port), J Jenkins (Adel), D Menzel (Gee), K Lambert (Rich), M King (StK), P McCartin (St K), J Townsend (Rich), L Webb (WB), F Greene (WB), N Larkey (NM), B Davis (Adel), C Ballenden (Bris), Wil Powell (GC)

Each year we have draft periods. After the AFL clubs have the National draft and Rookie drafts you will get a number of selections depending on where you finished on the ladder. You will be allocated extra picks in the Rookie draft if you delist players you don't want anymore or have extra players that get delisted by their AFL club.

Each year there are trade periods where you can trade any of your players with other members of AXV by sending a trade offer via message. Generally they have to be fairly even trades for it to be passed by admin.

This is how the scoring works in AXV. It is calculated on the Ultimate Footy site and then the scores are added to the boards here on AXV/FanFooty by admin.

Kick   4 Points
Handball   2 Points
Mark   4 Points
Tackle   6 Points
Free Kick For   1 Point
Free Kick Against   -3 Points
Hitout   1 Point
Goal   12 Points
Behind   1 Point
Spoil         3 Points
Rebound 50       1 point

This is an example of how your team will look when selected and posted on the team submission thread in AXV.

Team Name: Manila Folders
Capt: Patrick Cripps
V/C: Jake Lloyd
EVC: Bryce Gibbs

DEF1: Player - Jake Lloyd (VC)
DEF2: Player - Jake Carlisle
DEF3: Player - David Astbury
DEF4: Player - Harris Andrews

MID1: Player - Patrick Cripps (C)
MID2: Player - Bryce Gibbs
MID3: Player - Seb Ross
MID4: Player - Hugh Greenwood

RUC1: Player - Nathan Vardy

FWD1: Player - Josh Jenkins
FWD2: Player - Toby McLean
FWD3: Player - Kane Lambert
FWD4: Player - James Harmes

UTI1: Player - Ricky Henderson (MID)
UTI2: Player - Paul Ahern (FWD/MID)

EME1: Player - Daniel Menzel (FWD)
EME2: Player - Lochie O'Brien (DEF/MID)
EME3: Player - Josh Walker (DEF/FWD)

Captain scores x2 and vice captain scores x1.5

Dual position players can be played in either of their positions. In the utility positions UTI you can play any player from any position. Just have to name their position next to their names as shown above.

Emergencies, EMG can be any position player but you need to name their position next to their name as shown above. Generally you will select an emergency from each position naming the player that you think will score highest first.

AsiaXV   http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/board,73.0.html

We will help you along the way, we will let you know when you need to do stuff until you get a hang of it, if you need to ask a question just ask in the AXV discussion thread or message one of us.

Football Factory

Peter is keen if you want him to take the vacant position.

Rids

Quote from: Football Factory on February 18, 2019, 07:43:42 PM
Peter is keen if you want him to take the vacant position.

I think we should wait till Wed evening then if there is more than 1 applicant have a quick vote.  The job will be Peters if there is no more applications.

Football Factory

Nige

FF, if you don't mind me asking, what's your relation to Peter? Noticed you're speaking on behalf of him quite a bit. While I'm delighted that we've actually got something who is interested, the fact that you've had to relay his interest and had to post the previous info saying "Peter wanted to know more about how the comp works, i sent this message" concerns me a little, because I'd hope the prospective coach(es) would actually post themselves and officially apply.

Rids

I am actually the other way. I would like to see people who are regulars on the fanfooty forums introduce new members and encourage them to participate whether it be comps like AXV or just in general. It won't take long for a new coach to feel more confident with posting etc. It is just sometimes much easier to chat over other means like messenger.

Football Factory

Quote from: Nige on February 18, 2019, 08:39:07 PM
FF, if you don't mind me asking, what's your relation to Peter? Noticed you're speaking on behalf of him quite a bit. While I'm delighted that we've actually got something who is interested, the fact that you've had to relay his interest and had to post the previous info saying "Peter wanted to know more about how the comp works, i sent this message" concerns me a little, because I'd hope the prospective coach(es) would actually post themselves and officially apply.

He's been in my leagues for the last 3 years, very reliable in terms of joining leagues and a bit of banter. He asked me if i could explain the comp more to him so he wouldn't let me down when it came to taking on the position. He responded via personal message so i just relayed the information. The position has been advertised in the XV section rather than the AXV section so i guess it is a little confusing for someone who hasn't been involved in these sort of comps before. If he gets the position i will get him to make a team thread and familiarise himself with the comp and the threads that he needs to be aware of. Apparently he is a member of Ultimate Footy and is already in 4 separate leagues so that helps.

Sorry i would have responded earlier but i didn't notice your question.

When i was running AXVIII and moved it from free forums to FanFooty i had to find 5 or 6 new coaches. I didn't advertise for the positions i actually messaged regular members of FanFooty asking them if they would be interested. I don't think any of them would have ever applied for the positions. Most of the XV comps have the same coaches through out them and it seems like a bit of a buddies club, new people are reluctant to ask for a position especially when "experience" is so highly regarded amongst the coaches that vote. I think 3 or 4 of those coaches i got for AXVIII still survive today?

Nige

Quote from: Football Factory on February 19, 2019, 07:53:25 PM
Quote from: Nige on February 18, 2019, 08:39:07 PM

He's been in my leagues for the last 3 years, very reliable in terms of joining leagues and a bit of banter. He asked me if i could explain the comp more to him so he wouldn't let me down when it came to taking on the position. He responded via personal message so i just relayed the information. The position has been advertised in the XV section rather than the AXV section so i guess it is a little confusing for someone who hasn't been involved in these sort of comps before. If he gets the position i will get him to make a team thread and familiarise himself with the comp and the threads that he needs to be aware of. Apparently he is a member of Ultimate Footy and is already in 4 separate leagues so that helps.

Sorry i would have responded earlier but i didn't notice your question.

When i was running AXVIII and moved it from free forums to FanFooty i had to find 5 or 6 new coaches. I didn't advertise for the positions i actually messaged regular members of FanFooty asking them if they would be interested. I don't think any of them would have ever applied for the positions. Most of the XV comps have the same coaches through out them and it seems like a bit of a buddies club, new people are reluctant to ask for a position especially when "experience" is so highly regarded amongst the coaches that vote. I think 3 or 4 of those coaches i got for AXVIII still survive today?
All good mate, that's actually good to hear. Sounds like he'll fit in well and basically already knows what he's doing.

Still think it's best for him to formally apply just in case someone else does too last minute (so if it goes to vote, there are applications to compare), and because it's pretty much a standard feature of all comps. Feel free to look at previous coaching vacancy threads to see what I mean.

Football Factory

I know what you mean, can't say i don't have any concerns lol but all should go well as long as we put the effort into helping him along. Don't want to sound negative but i don't think anyone will apply, happy to be proven wrong though.

Rids

Congrats to Peter who is now the coach of Manilla Folders.

I am now locking the thread and discussion can be moved back to the AXV forums.

Thanks everyone.