Survivor S38: Edge of Extinction

Started by Jukes, February 03, 2019, 12:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 09, 2019, 10:48:05 PM
Rick Devens

That is all

So funny how the other remaining survivors talked him up to the jury, going be impossible to beat if he makes it to final tribal.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 10, 2019, 01:41:38 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 09, 2019, 10:48:05 PM
Rick Devens

That is all

So funny how the other remaining survivors talked him up to the jury, going be impossible to beat if he makes it to final tribal.

He has to win, and it would be a travesty if he didn't

The remaining players have done nothing compared to what he's been doing

Finale next week should be good!

Nige

It almost seems too obvious, but it’s kinda like Mike and Ben esque in the way this is panning out.

I love Devens though, fantastic character. It is pretty amazing they’re just letting him run around and yet still complain that he has to go. And yeah, maybe it was actually the three (Lauren, Gavin and Vic) behind the vote but the jury doesn’t know that, they’re just sitting there enjoying the show Devens is putting on.

Jukes

Can’t wait for Reem to come back next week then sweep Rick and whoever 13-0-0

RaisyDaisy

I'm not really sure how I feel about that result

I guess this particular format meant that this was a possibility, and Chris did as much as he possibly could within the short time he was given, but I just can't help but feel that that's not a 1M worthy performance

Only 1 person actually deserved the win, and once he was taken out the 3 choices were all meh

Not thrilled to be seeing Sandra again next season either

kilbluff1985

Jukes

Sorry to skip over the s38 finale and s39 completely but...

http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/survivor-season-40-cast-revealed

Ethan and Amber are huge surprises. Danni and Yul and most of the big name winners (no Hatch but I guess the way he went out in all stars would be too controversial in this day and age) are good to see, too many recent winners though - we didn’t need Ben and Wendell and Nick and Adam, 2 of them max would have sufficed and would have much preferred to see instead Todd and Earl, hell even Fabio would’ve been better. Tom and Brian would’ve been interesting as well but obviously health issues for Tom I believe and Brian will never live down what he did.

Can’t complain about the women picked though, pretty perfect selections - not like they had much room to wriggle of course, as the female winners not selected were Tina (who has played enough already and is pretty old), Vee (who nobody really wants to see), Jenna (legal and drug troubles?), and Natalie (worst winner of all time)

enzedder

Avoided the thread till now. Just watched the finale tonight, taped from yesterday... figured NZ was a bit behind and didn't want spoilers.
Shame Devens didn't win. Was awesome. Loved the tribal where all 5 thought they'd be safe.
Chris did the right thing when he came back... deserved the win out of the final 3.
Good season...Deven's made it good.

North Melbournes Finest

Overall this season was dissapointing. Was too many idols, and the next season doesn't look like it'll be any better in that regard. After season 40 they need a 'Survivor - Back to Basics' season, where they strip it back a bit, 2-3 hidden immunity idols for the entire season and more character development. There was not one true 'villain' in this season, the early seasons were full of character development, villains and heroes. Villains are fantastic to watch.