The Walking Dead discussion thread: WARNING THERE ARE SPOILERS

Started by whatlez, October 14, 2014, 01:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

I'm 4 episodes into season 7 and bored showerless because its so slow moving. I then saw an ad for the second part of S8 and they are still fighting Negan 20 episodes later!

So my questions is do I bother to continue watching?

jvalles69

Quote from: Gigantor on February 13, 2018, 02:58:27 PM
I'm 4 episodes into season 7 and bored showerless because its so slow moving. I then saw an ad for the second part of S8 and they are still fighting Negan 20 episodes later!

So my questions is do I bother to continue watching?

Negans has been one of the biggest character arcs in the comics so it's no surprise to me.

Bill Manspeaker

well that was painful to sit through. the extremely slow death of someone I couldn't give 2 showers about... and in the end didn't even get to see him die, just heard the gun. hope next week is better

jvalles69

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on February 27, 2018, 04:24:43 PM
well that was painful to sit through. the extremely slow death of someone I couldn't give 2 showers about... and in the end didn't even get to see him die, just heard the gun. hope next week is better

What a flowerin snoozefest...is their aim to lose viewers ffs?  This better ramp up to holy hell from here on!

jvalles69

Andrew Lincoln has decided not to return to TWD dead for S9, basically going downhill now, a couple of the other characters are only going to be in it minimally as well due to taking on new roles, Norman Reedus getting the big pay day to continue the show.  ?Not sure how this is going to go as the source material is based around Rick Grimes.  FTWD has been much better recently.

jvalles69

So the "comic" Walking Dead ended this week, I read it last night.  In the scheme of things this paved the way and opened the flood gates for more comics to be recognised and made into TV shows/Movies.  The book ends with a heartfelt 4 page letter from Robert Kirkman.  Will Image or Kirkman be able to come up with something that can hit the same levels as The Walking Dead which now has 4 TV shows with 2 currently running and 2 in the works, plus a series of Rick Grimes movies to come.  His latest Oblivion Song has recently been optioned, but don't think it will come close to reaching the same heights as TWD. RIP.  :-\

PS I know the TV shows will still go on, but the "real" TWD begins and ends with the comics.