Main Menu

Survivor S38: Edge of Extinction

Started by Jukes, February 03, 2019, 12:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Premiere Date: Thursday February 21st (AUS)

Kama Tribe
From left: Julie, Gavin, Aurora, Ron, Victoria, Eric, Aubry, Joe, and Julia.

Manu Tribe
From left: Wendy, Wardog, Kelley, Chris, David, Keith, Reem, Rick, and Lauren.

Full cast profiles: https://ew.com/tv/survivor-edge-of-extinction-cast-gallery/

Obviously as a long-time Aubrystan I have to back her in as my #1 but definitely like the looks of Victoria (Occupation: Waitress Personal Claim to Fame: I was valedictorian of my college with a perfect 4.0, lmao), for obvious reasons, and Wardog because you can't have the name Wardog and not be awesome/a trainwreck.

Nige

This is gonna be a really interesting season to see how the theme/twist plays out.

I'm mostly excited for the returnees, never been a huge Joe fan, he's just always been a much less interesting version of Ozzy/Malcolm, new age golden boy but he's always bound to suffer the same fate every time.

Think it's an awful season for David who is awesome, but hopefully he can hang around for at least a little while.

Aubry and Kelley are great, huge fan of both, definitely confident both will go far.

Of the newbies, I like the look of:
- Eric, think he'll be a discount Tony/Dom type
- Rick, there's just something about this dude, I think he'll be a great presence and character, Dr Mike but better
- Aurora, she's probably gonna be crazy but entertaining
- Julie, I reckon she'll be that middle aged lady that does really well. She's a superfan too so she'll know what she's doing

jvalles69

Wtf was that twist?  They didn't really give much away about it either.  I honestly have only vague recollections of Wentworth, was she really that good of a player, or what was her claim to fame, has she had work done?  Something just makes me not really remember her...

crowls

have not seen the first episode.   Aubrey grew on me in her season.  Joe will go the way of all competent alpha males,  gored and spat out by Tribe Matriarchy normally with the help of some other jealous alpha male or wimpy beta.

Redhead has to go as they are just an afront to human society.   Wendy gone just for wearing those bloody feet things. 

jvalles69

Quote from: crowls on February 27, 2019, 01:38:57 PM
have not seen the first episode.   Aubrey grew on me in her season.  Joe will go the way of all competent alpha males,  gored and spat out by Tribe Matriarchy normally with the help of some other jealous alpha male or wimpy beta.

Redhead has to go as they are just an afront to human society.   Wendy gone just for wearing those bloody feet things.

Lol, you need to join the Survivor comp I'm in, have to pick the boot list in order before the first episode.  Buff's for top 3 and last place!  :P

crowls

Quote from: jvalles69 on February 27, 2019, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: crowls on February 27, 2019, 01:38:57 PM

Lol, you need to join the Survivor comp I'm in, have to pick the boot list in order before the first episode.  Buff's for top 3 and last place!  :P
point me in the direction of it.

Jukes

Fingers crossed for my S38 new player bae <3

jvalles69

Anyone have a theory on the survivors who are being voted out?  Could go a few ways...

1.  They battle it out and 1 comes back into the game.
2.  They wait till there is an entire tribe's worth of outed contestants who form a new tribe and play against the current tribe for survival.  Maybe if they win, the other current tribe goes home, or if they win they all just rejoin?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 08, 2019, 11:30:56 AM
Anyone have a theory on the survivors who are being voted out?  Could go a few ways...

2.  They wait till there is an entire tribe's worth of outed contestants who form a new tribe and play against the current tribe for survival.  Maybe if they win, the other current tribe goes home, or if they win they all just rejoin?

I'm just assuming once 4-5 get there, they all come back together as a new tribe. I'd prefer that over them battling out and just 1 returning, because that 1 who comes back has a huge target and is an easy decision again, where as a whole new tribe would really make it an even playing field and game on for all

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 08, 2019, 12:03:06 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on March 08, 2019, 11:30:56 AM

I'm just assuming once 4-5 get there, they all come back together as a new tribe. I'd prefer that over them battling out and just 1 returning, because that 1 who comes back has a huge target and is an easy decision again, where as a whole new tribe would really make it an even playing field and game on for all

But if they come back as a tribe I'm assuming the same number of ppl need to be gone at the conclusion of that challenge, season would be the exact same length.  Reckon they might be in a challenge with a significant disadvantage, if they win the other tribe goes home?  They could possibly be a 4th tribe, or a 3rd tribe when the merges and tribe break ups occur.

Nige

I'm pretty sure this information has already been made public but I'll chuck it in small text as a "spoiler" so you can choose whether you wanna read it or not. If you're interested, read it. If you're not and wanna be surprised, don't.

There'll be two chances for contestants on EOE to return, once at merge and once towards the end of the game.

But yeah, it's been kinda interesting so far. The cast has been good without being great. I've been enjoying all the returnees so far, even Joe. I do like that on Kama we have Joe and Aubry basically together on the bottom vs Manu where David and Kelley are basically going to head to head.

Rick and Victoria are easily my two favourite newbies so far, but I don't mind Eric, Ron and Wardog either. Looks like Julie's getting the purple edit since she hasn't had a confessional so far.

Can't help but feel someone is about to get swapflowered next.

Jukes

Nige

So I feel like this double episode really helped kick this season into gear a bit.

Hopefully now that they're gonna merge, the dynamics shake up a little and it gets really exciting, but the last two tribals were a good start to this season taking a turn for the better.

RaisyDaisy

Wardog? Hasn't shown a single thing to suggest that nickname is warranted

He's hopeless, all show no go

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 24, 2019, 12:43:23 PM
Wardog? Hasn't shown a single thing to suggest that nickname is warranted

He's hopeless, all show no go

How was his pitching arm, horrendous, then threw the whole hook and string and didn't know what to do with it.  Moron.