Money Shot 2019 Campaign

Started by Money Shot, December 15, 2018, 02:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Version 4

Def: Laird, Whitfield, Williams, Moore, Duursma, Wilke (Hore, McLennan)
Mid: Oliver, Cripps, Fyfe, Kelly, Neale, Walsh, Hind, Gibbons (Bewley, Smith, Watson)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Baines)
Fwd: Danger, Smith, Heeney, Setterfield, Cavara, Parker (Burgess, Corbett)
Cash: $3,800

In my opinion I have 3/5/2/3 of the top 6/8/2/6 in their position.
Darcy Moore has just turned 23, is having a pretty close to full preseason from everything I can see, is best 22 when fit, is training as a defender, taking kick ins and can sure up my D4/F4 position if one line is looking thin. I think an 80 avg is more than likely and that should see him around 380k around his bye which means I could potentially use one trade to upgrade him to a fallen premium!

eaglesman

Quote from: Money Shot on February 19, 2019, 12:14:05 PM
Version 4

Mid: Oliver, Cripps, Fyfe, Kelly, Neale, Walsh, Hind, Gibbons (Bewley, Smith, Watson)

Darcy Moore has just turned 23, is having a pretty close to full preseason from everything I can see, is best 22 when fit, is training as a defender, taking kick ins and can sure up my D4/F4 position if one line is looking thin. I think an 80 avg is more than likely and that should see him around 380k around his bye which means I could potentially use one trade to upgrade him to a fallen premium!

This is a quality lineup. Really like what I see.
I have upgraded most of mids to look similar to this.

Only thing I don’t like is Darcy Moore cos I just don’t rate him.

Money Shot

Quote from: eaglesman on February 20, 2019, 09:40:34 AM
Version 4

This is a quality lineup. Really like what I see.
I have upgraded most of mids to look similar to this.

Only thing I don’t like is Darcy Moore cos I just don’t rate him.

Cheers mate!

Darcy Moore is the pick I’m least confident in however as said above he does have a lot going for him. Only time will tell.

Ashmore62

Love this side MS..recon you've got to slot Dusty in at his bargain price.. as a Tiger supporter looking to him for another 2017.

Money Shot

Quote from: Ashmore62 on February 20, 2019, 10:43:30 AM
Love this side MS..recon you've got to slot Dusty in at his bargain price.. as a Tiger supporter looking to him for another 2017.
I am very tempted but just want too see how Richmond go with the 6-6-6 layout as they are the team that is set to be affected most. Probably won’t have any impact but I am very tempted by Dusty.

ubeaut

Hard to fault any of your picks, and it's a fairly solid GNR set up.
However, going with 8 players 600k+ has left a weak point at F4 and maybe D4.
I think you could possibly look for some value picks to strengthen those spots, and avoid having to 4 good fwd rookies with 2 on field plus Setterfield.
Remember that less than half of the top 10 mids backup the next season.

Money Shot

Quote from: ubeaut on February 20, 2019, 11:55:41 AM
I think you could possibly look for some value picks to strengthen those spots, and avoid having to 4 good fwd rookies with 2 on field plus Setterfield.
I agree.

I see plenty of value in Merrett, Sloane, Dusty, M. Crouch etc but would rather downgrade to them than try and find the money for the guys I have if that makes sense. Thanks for your input.

eaglesman

Quote from: Money Shot on February 20, 2019, 06:07:08 PM
Quote from: ubeaut on February 20, 2019, 11:55:41 AM
I agree.

I see plenty of value in Merrett, Sloane, Dusty, M. Crouch etc but would rather downgrade to them than try and find the money for the guys I have if that makes sense. Thanks for your input.

For the record now I have 6 over 600k

enzedder

Version 4

Strong line up mate. Good picks. Run with it I say.

crowls

Like the structure MS.  Not surprised to see similarities to my thinking,  You go deeper in the forwards and Mids than me.
Hope the mature age rookies all get a rd 1 start.   AFL teams are learning as are SC coaches., that it is a rare teenager who has the physical maturity to match the talent in their first year.   As NZ said run with this unless injury or non starters affect you.   

Money Shot

Updated team:

Laird, Whitfield, Williams, Moore, Duursma, Wilke (Hore, Watson)
Cripps, Oliver, Kelly, Fyfe, Neale, Walsh, Constable, Hind (Bewley, Smith, Gibbons)
Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
Danger, Heeney, Gray, Setterfield, Burgess, McAdam (Cavara, Parker)
$3,000

Gray is in for Smith.

Smith will be a good pick but I don’t see him improving on his average. Gray could come out and go 100+ with no Wines, Polec and Boak looking to spend more time up forward. Worst case scenario he averages 90 best case 105+. Worth the risk for mine.

crowls

Gray for Smith makes sense. agree more upside with Gray. 

Money Shot

Laird, Williams, Newman, Roberton, Burgess, Watson (Hore, McLennan)
Cripps, Oliver, Fyfe, Kelly, Neale, Walsh, Constable, Hind (Bewley, Atkins, Gibbons)
Grundy, Goldy (Bines)
Danger, Heeney, Gray, Greene, Setterfield, Drew (Cavarra, Parker)
$3,700

Pretty big shake up in terms of structure.

I like many others have went with some value picks down back. Newman will kill it this year and I’m happy to pick him as a keeper with a bit of Carlton bias. Mills/McGrath and too a lesser extent Smith are on my watch list as well.

If Libba has another strong outing I’ll find a way to get him in at M6 followed by Walsh.

I have got on the Goldy train purely because everyone thinks he is destined for a 150+ season on this forum. In all seriousness I think he will fall 5ish points behind Gawn but can use the money better elsewhere.

Gray is a speculative pick but I think he has the most upside. Greene is set to play in the coming week so he is locked in.

crowls

nice team MS.   not convinced spending 200+ on rookie is worth it,  tend to side with RD on that.   Gray at f3 may be worth it.  not sure where you would spend the money if you dropped him. 

kilbluff1985

think you should drop a premo mid for cousins and upgrade a defender rookie

would u rather neale/watson on field or cousins/witherden