Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd Magic

Mat0369

Hip pointer to the head can happen to anyone. That's just bad luck

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 06, 2019, 09:20:56 PM
Hip pointer to the head can happen to anyone. That's just bad luck

Happens every year with Rocky, for whatever reason.

RaisyDaisy

Richo just said Cotchin has done his hammy

Dusty will likely get rubbed out too

Rance, JROO, Cotchin, Dusty all out at same time has never happened

Short gone too, Houli touch and go

Wowsers, when it rains it pours

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 06, 2019, 10:49:30 PM
Richo just said Cotchin has done his hammy

Dusty will likely get rubbed out too

Rance, JROO, Cotchin, Dusty all out at same time has never happened

Short gone too, Houli touch and go

Wowsers, when it rains it pours

Richmond have had unbelievable luck so I'm not surprised, good time to get some games into the kids. Think this year is toast but you never know.

Mat0369

They went two full seasons without a major injury. Collingwood had a horror run last year and still made the grand final. Hell, the Eagles didn't have their best ruck and midfielder and won it. I think injuries aren't an excuse anymore after those two efforts.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 06, 2019, 10:59:04 PM
They went two full seasons without a major injury. Collingwood had a horror run last year and still made the grand final. Hell, the Eagles didn't have their best ruck and midfielder and won it. I think injuries aren't an excuse anymore after those two efforts.

Come on mate, we're without a 5 times AA defender, 3 times Coleman medalist, Dylan Grimes who is hugely underrated, Josh Caddy who is a 40 goal forward, Bachar Houli who is our best rebounder & are now set to lose two Brownlow medalists. Reckon we'll struggle to make the eight to be honest.

Mat0369

And the only one that is long term is Rance. Plus you may have lost Riewoldt for a month, but it's not like you're replacing him with Tom Lynch who is one of the best key forwards in the comp.

jbjimmyjb

Potential injury list:
Josh Caddy: Available
Dylan Grimes: Available
Dustin Martin: Suspended 1-2 weeks
Bachar Houli: Hamstring 1 week
Trent Cotchin: Hamstring 2-4 weeks (guess)
Jack Riewoldt: Wrist 4 weeks
Shaun Grigg: Knee 4-6 weeks (guess)
Jayden Short: Dislocated shoulder 4-6 weeks (guess)
Alex Rance: ACL Season

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 06, 2019, 11:18:28 PM
And the only one that is long term is Rance. Plus you may have lost Riewoldt for a month, but it's not like you're replacing him with Tom Lynch who is one of the best key forwards in the comp.

Cameron had a field day today, think Rance not being there will hurt. And whilst Lynch has been ok he's shouldering a huge load for a guy who hasn't had a decent preseason. Next week has the potential to be horrific, will be the first time we've been without Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin & Dusty in the same game.

Mat0369

Quote from: jbjimmyjb on April 06, 2019, 11:20:35 PM
Potential injury list:
Josh Caddy: Available
Dylan Grimes: Available
Dustin Martin: Suspended 1-2 weeks
Bachar Houli: Hamstring 1 week
Trent Cotchin: Hamstring 2-4 weeks (guess)
Jack Riewoldt: Wrist 4 weeks
Shaun Grigg: Knee 4-6 weeks (guess)
Jayden Short: Dislocated shoulder 4-6 weeks (guess)
Alex Rance: ACL Season

And to reference Collingwood in round 19 last year

Tim Broomhead (broken leg) â€" season

Lynden Dunn (knee) â€" season

Tyson Goldsack (knee) â€" 3-4 weeks

Kayle Kirby (heart issue) â€" indefinite

Ben Reid (leg) â€" 2 weeks

Adam Treloar (hamstrings) â€" 5-6 weeks

Daniel Wells (foot) â€" season

Flynn Appleby (hamstring) â€" 2 weeks

Jordan De Goey (leg) â€" 1 week

Rupert Wills (hamstring) â€" 2 weeks

Brayden Sier (leg) â€" test

Matt Scharenberg (knee) â€" season

Jeremy Howe (concussion) â€" TBC

Brody Mihocek (ankle) â€" TBC

They still managed to finish top 4 and make the grand final.

Quote from: Bully on April 06, 2019, 11:25:10 PM
Cameron had a field day today, think Rance not being there will hurt. And whilst Lynch has been ok he's shouldering a huge load for a guy who hasn't had a decent preseason. Next week has the potential to be horrific, will be the first time we've been without Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin & Dusty in the same game.

Lucky for Richmond they have one of the softest fixtures in the league this year

kilbluff1985

Shaun McKernan and Kobe Mutch both with hammys

Mat0369

McKernan is a 6 week one. Zac Clarke may now hold the spot out of default

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 07, 2019, 12:23:24 AM
McKernan is a 6 week one. Zac Clarke may now hold the spot out of default
Zac, look at moi I can kick a goal from 30m.     Geez I was pissed off at the big mongrel.

kilbluff1985

PORT ADELAIDE head of football Chris Davies believes Tom Rockliff and Robbie Gray should both be available to face Richmond at Adelaide Oval in Round 4.

Rockliff sustained a head knock in a collision with Brisbane’s Hugh McCluggage in the third quarter and took no further part in the game, while Gray received some treatment for a shoulder injury, but Davies is confident both will be fine for next weekend.

“Rocky was obviously concussed â€" felt fine after the game and we will have a look at him during the week but right now I don’t see why he wouldn’t be on a path to playing next weekend,” Davies said.

“He will be monitored at the start of the week but as I say, I can’t see any reason at this point why he’s not going to play next Saturday night.

“Robbie copped a knock on his shoulder.

“Again, we fully expect him to play but I’m sure the doctors will have a look at him at the start of the week and make some assessments from there.”

While Davies admitted it was a frustrating loss for the club, he says there are some key learnings to take away from it for both players and coaches.

“Clearly we weren’t efficient enough when we had the ascendency and I’m sure that is something the coaches will look at during the week,” he said.

“Brisbane, to their credit, were pretty efficient when they got the ascendency during the game.

“That is something we are going to have to continue to work on.

“I know the coaches have been mindful of that at the start of this year â€" we really need to maximise our scoring opportunities when we’ve got the ascendency in games.

“That will ultimately be the test of us throughout the season.”

Despite the 17-point loss to the Lions, Davies was thrilled by the five-goal performance of third-gamer Connor Rozee.

“Fantastic â€" third game to do what he did last night was outstanding for us,” he said.

“He’s shown in the first couple of games that he is going to be dangerous and let’s hope that’s the start to a really good career for Connor.”