Main Menu

Best 22 2019 Prediction Thread

Started by LaHug, October 23, 2018, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

What do people think? Best 22 for Round 1 and Best 22 by the end of the year (if you think it will change).

For mine, I think (pending injuries over the offseason), Round 1 will be the same best 22 we should carry for most of the year.

FB: Vlastuin, Rance, Grimes
HB: Short, Astbury, Houli
C: Lambert, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Lynch, Rioli
FF: Butler, Riewoldt, Caddy
Foll: Nankervis, Prestia, Martin

Int: Broad, Graham, Grigg, Higgins

Emg: Castagna, B. Ellis, Menadue

Can see Ellis taking Broad's spot. Pretty happy with the rest. Not sure what we're going to do if Nank goes down as we have no backup ruck.

RaisyDaisy

Certainly highlights the depth you traded out

A few injuries (which you've avoided for 2 years) and you could be in strife

Soldo ruck backup?

LaHug

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 23, 2018, 02:21:35 PM
Soldo ruck backup?

Thought we'd delisted him for some reason (obviously it was just a Facebook rumour because I can't find anything concrete anywhere) so at least we have a backup ruck. But yeah, depth is lacking until relatively unknown young guys (Balta, Naish, etc.) develop.

shaker

Quote from: LaHug on October 23, 2018, 02:18:23 PM
What do people think? Best 22 for Round 1 and Best 22 by the end of the year (if you think it will change).

For mine, I think (pending injuries over the offseason), Round 1 will be the same best 22 we should carry for most of the year.

FB: Vlastuin, Rance, Grimes
HB: Short, Astbury, Houli
C: Lambert, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Lynch, Rioli
FF: Butler, Riewoldt, Caddy
Foll: Nankervis, Prestia, Martin

Int: Broad, Graham, Grigg, Higgins

Emg: Castagna, B. Ellis, Menadue

Can see Ellis taking Broad's spot. Pretty happy with the rest. Not sure what we're going to do if Nank goes down as we have no backup ruck.
Looks about right but don't discount players like Baker , Naish , Garthwaite , Bolton ,Markov , Moore from going the next step there are always a surprise or two come R1 plus what we get in the draft , one who caught the eye is Ely Smith who should  be around for our first pick .... I hope  ;)

quinny88

I'm not as concerned about the depth as some.

Our rucks are light so I would hope we grab a mature aged ruck from the VFL/SANFL/WAFL  with a late pick.

The only issue I really see aside from that is a genuine ball magnet in the side. Would love a mid that gets 30 every week as we seem to concede huge numbers to the oppositions midfielders each week and although it doesn't usually hurt us, when a team gets momentum like the pies did in the prelim we need a player in the guts that can win the ball against the wave.

As long as there are no season ending injuries to a bunch of key players I think we finish at the pointy end again and contend for another flag