ADT: 2017/2018 Rule Change Discussion and Suggestions

Started by LF, July 06, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

We are quickly coming up to the end of the season and if there are any rules changes or suggestions from anyone I'd like to get them done and voted on if needed asap especially anything to do with trading and drafting
So if anyone has any suggestions or wants to express interest in possible rules changes now is the time for coaches to bring it up and for everyone to discuss

2 Rules changes that were from last trade and draft period was the extension of final delistings and an increase of movements for trading along with on trades not counting to movements which I thought worked really well.

kilbluff1985

a rule like in bxv if ur player gets injured early u get emergency score

LF

So with trading this year would everyone like it so that we have the 20 movements with on trading not included for the first trade period and then with the 2nd one have another set of movements for that?
Or do we want to leave it as is

popedelio

Quote from: LF on July 31, 2017, 08:42:14 PM
So with trading this year would everyone like it so that we have the 20 movements with on trading not included for the first trade period and then with the 2nd one have another set of movements for that?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Think leave it as is

Nige

Quote from: popedelio on August 02, 2017, 10:32:15 PM

popedelio

My request is the addition of dpp throughout the year. Not sure how this should be managed because it would cause more work for the admins, plus I don't always agree with what AFL Fantasy adds for dpp. I like UF's additions, they tend to seem more fair and realistic.

SydneyRox

Quote from: popedelio on August 03, 2017, 10:22:38 PM
My request is the addition of dpp throughout the year. Not sure how this should be managed because it would cause more work for the admins, plus I don't always agree with what AFL Fantasy adds for dpp. I like UF's additions, they tend to seem more fair and realistic.

I like it, but since we are a DT comp I think we stick with the AFL Fantasy changes.

popedelio

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 11, 2017, 01:09:25 PM

I like it, but since we are a DT comp I think we stick with the AFL Fantasy changes.

Yer I agree but when certain players like Sidebottom and Sheed (many more, can't think of any of the top of my head) get forward status (or any other players getting different position) is a bit of a joke, as they clearly are midfielders and only play there. Where as on the other hand I have Tippa, who is clearly a forward but started the year as a defender. Would have liked to have played him in my forward line. Sort of depends how the admins want to go, and I'm happy to stay as is, just a suggestion and to create conversation.

nas

Quote from: Nige on August 02, 2017, 10:35:15 PM

I like it, but since we are a DT comp I think we stick with the DT Positions.

GoLions

DT and AF are different though, dunno why anyone would want the AF changes :P

popedelio

Quote from: nas on August 13, 2017, 08:35:12 AM
Quote from: Nige on August 02, 2017, 10:35:15 PM

I like it, but since we are a DT comp I think we stick with the DT Positions.

::)

LF

We use RDT not AF even tho the scoring is the same
Would be a lot of extra work on top of normal admin as well
And AF positions most of the time are complete bullshower

I was looking into using UF next season for ease of scores but it looks like I'll have to pay for it because certain things aren't included and not sure if our list sizes will fit either