Lachie Neale interested in trade to Brisbane

Started by GoLions, September 07, 2018, 12:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on October 05, 2018, 05:10:33 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2018, 04:44:09 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on October 05, 2018, 04:39:28 PM
Been saying it since the start, Pick 4 + 2019 2nd rounder (need 22 this year for Macfayden) should get it done. Also, its up to Lachie if he wants to leave or not, Rosich is delusional if he thinks they'll keep him if he doesn't want to be there.
That's way unders for a quality contracted player like Neale minimum next years 1st plus 4
You are dealing with Fages and Noble and they will not fall for a stupid deal like pick 2 for Lachie Neale. Lions also remember that Jack Redden who although not as good as Neale was traded for pick 19 so Pick 5 as it will be is fair but as I said earlier think that 3 way trade may be worked on. Personally I do not think Hogan is worth 4 and 5 either but with players wanting to leave you want to get the best you can but at the same time not stand in a players way who does not want to be there.
We have been raided by clubs in the Voss leppitsch years and have accepted a lot of unders.
However I tried to put another spin on  this and saying would we accept 4 for Zorko and said probably no so can understand.
#2 for Neale is far from stupid

Pkbaldy

You do know you already have another thread dedicated to Lachie Neale and this deal? No need for the thread spamming.

anchorman

If Fremantle satnd their ground and say he wont be released, then he has to stay or Fremantle would, I m sure take legal steps to ensure they are not shafted.He can not just say I am not playing.
I hope Fremantle do stand firm. Remember they did it last year with Lachie Weller and won.They received pick two plus one other from memory.Now Neale is a far better player than Weller.Pick four is nowhere near enough.

Ringo

Quote from: anchorman on October 06, 2018, 05:55:11 PM
If Fremantle satnd their ground and say he wont be released, then he has to stay or Fremantle would, I m sure take legal steps to ensure they are not shafted.He can not just say I am not playing.
I hope Fremantle do stand firm. Remember they did it last year with Lachie Weller and won.They received pick two plus one other from memory.Now Neale is a far better player than Weller.Pick four is nowhere near enough.
Exccept they are not dealing with Suns.  Personally although would love him do not really care one way or the other as he is a free agent next year and we can get a decent young gun with pick 4 so a nice win both ways for us. Can not see it happening though as I suspect Brisbane will trade for picks and give 4 and another to Freo. Talk of just adding future second but that in my opinion is fraught with danger if lions rise up the ladder. This years 22 be could be 27 - 30 next year,
Also if rumours are correct 3 way between melbourne, brisbanee and fremantle will get done,

anchorman

Doesn't matter who they are dealing with.If Fremantle say no, then he stays.No ifs or buts.
Any way I am guessing that we will all know after tonights B&F.

Ringo

Quote from: anchorman on October 06, 2018, 06:10:38 PM
Doesn't matter who they are dealing with.If Fremantle say no, then he stays.No ifs or buts.
Any way I am guessing that we will all know after tonights B&F.
Would like to agree with you but we know from experience that if players want to go then deals are invariably done. we have been on the receiving end so much over the years.
Not sure whether you have seen this article stating he wants out to brisbane.
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/freo-midfielder-lachie-neale-committed-to-brisbane-trade-20181006-p5085t.html

anchorman

I have read it, but then I looked at the so called journalist, and thought I will wait until tomorrow to find out.

jvalles69

You want a player to be held to his contract, yet you're trying to get 2 contracted players in Hogan and Lobb.  The hypocrisy is real.

valkorum

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 08, 2018, 06:32:04 PM
You want a player to be held to his contract, yet you're trying to get 2 contracted players in Hogan and Lobb.  The hypocrisy is real.

Every club does that now.

anchorman

you can add Kelly to that list now.He wants to come home, just like those you mentioned.The difference is that Neale is not going home.
Kelly will , it seems, have to make up his mind if he really wants to come home.

jvalles69

Quote from: anchorman on October 08, 2018, 10:50:25 PM

you can add Kelly to that list now.He wants to come home, just like those you mentioned.The difference is that Neale is not going home.
Kelly will , it seems, have to make up his mind if he really wants to come home.

The difference is we aren't holding anyone to ransom the same way Cats are with Kelly and Freo are with Neale. ;)

anchorman

Things just got a bit more interesting. Dayne Beams wants out of the Lions to return to the Pies.This is the bloke the Lions used to run Lachie the spiel about how good the Lions are going to be a short time ago.
The Lions will ask for plenty, maybe even hold him to ransom :P, as Fremantle are supposedly are with Lachie.
I can feel Fremantle beginning to tighten the screws just a little more today.Especially after the deal struck with Power for draft tradings.

shaker

Quote from: anchorman on October 11, 2018, 01:42:40 PM
Things just got a bit more interesting. Dayne Beams wants out of the Lions to return to the Pies.This is the bloke the Lions used to run Lachie the spiel about how good the Lions are going to be a short time ago.
The Lions will ask for plenty, maybe even hold him to ransom :P, as Fremantle are supposedly are with Lachie.
I can feel Fremantle beginning to tighten the screws just a little more today.Especially after the deal struck with Power for draft tradings.
Still not sure about the accuracy of Damo's claims the Lions say they know nothing about it although I have not seen anything from Beams saying it's fake news  ;)

valkorum

Quote from: shaker on October 11, 2018, 01:47:00 PM
Still not sure about the accuracy of Damo's claims the Lions say they know nothing about it although I have not seen anything from Beams saying it's fake news  ;)
[/quote]

Interview with Fagan on SEN this morning - he didnt know about Beams wanting a trade to Collingwood.

anchorman

Even here on the Gold Coast, the word is that Brissie and the Pies are working behind closed doors to get a deal done with Beams.The noise just wont go away , no matter what Brissie say.
did Fremantle get some inside information in regards to what was going on.If these two arew workin g out a deal behind closed doors, surely Fremantle did the right thing in halting Hogan negotiations.
The media and other clubs are upset because Fremantle are holding up their trades, but Fremantle have to do what is right for Fremantle.
I guess we will beging to see some movement tomorrow. But all will be disclosed at closing time of trading Wednesday.