UTG Season 3: EOS Feedback

Started by fanTCfool, August 31, 2018, 11:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Coaches,

Once again, I'd love your feedback as to how the UTG ran this season.

Concerns, suggestions, ideas, the lot - please document them in this thread and we can look to address them going forward!

I'd also love an early indication as to whether or not you intend to return for a UTG coaching position next season.

Enjoy your off-season,

FTC

PowerBug

PowerBug

PBs Feedback
Now let me preface this by saying that I really enjoyed this comp, despite the amount of times it may have looked like I didn't. I see a lot of potential with it, and even though there might be a bit of an essay to come below, it's mostly just the rulebook that shows nothing, which a competitive manager like myself will always try to exploit :)

Auction
- Round 14 we had the option to put our own player up for auction. There was no real communication as to how it would work, but when I sent my player through on the Monday night, I was expecting him to be posted immediately for people to bid on. As nothing was said and then the players went up Wednesday morning (or Tuesday late I can't remember exactly), everyone had already used their gold on packs, so auction players went really cheap.

Had there been a message saying all players sent through would be put up later in the week, or if they were put up for auction as soon as it was sent through, it would've been fairer for the seller.

- Auction players in general went up too late I felt, especially in the short weeks. It would be cool if the Auction player(s) was decided over the weekend of games, and even posted in the thread, but then locked until the games ended and the gold was handed out.

Loopholing
- Wasn't in the rules, put it in the rules that you can't loophole :P (Or better yet, allow loopholing)

Gold Week
- Is this a necessary week? Teams don't really change from what we have, there's only the odd silver or platinum player that gets taken out.
- Would be more tactical if the Silver or Bronze weeks were late in the season too, but I can understand why they are where they are

Card %s
- Would be good if card drop %s were explained in more depth. E.g. The fact that frag %s were not all the same was something that I think would've been worth noting.

Emergency cover
- Who covers what position, how do utilities and DPPs work with late outs? Was not outlined and fairly sure emergency cover usage was not consistent during the season.

Naming of teams
- Incorrect team naming penalties should be outlined.
- Teams in the finals submission thread didn't explicitly state which week they were naming for. Had they not named a team in one round would the previous rounds team have been used, or would it be a 0?

Consumables
- What happens if my consumable is a late out? Do I still use my EP with an emergency subbing on, do I still get a C score? If my consumable isn't being used then is it lost or do I get it back?

Minigames
- Minigames need improvement, threads went up really late in the week which didn't give managers enough time to participate. Eventually minigames were just abandoned completely.

Lots of these are quite minor and would be fixed if you have more time to run the comp next year as I understand this was a tough year for you. As for my involvement, count me out of a team, I don't want to overload so I'll sit with only WXV to worry about. However I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing with my life next year so there is a possibility of me asking if there's a free spot in this comp sometime in Jan/Feb next year.

Cheers for the season ftc :)

BB67th

My thoughts on the comp

- First of all I had great fun over the season, which I think is the number one consideration for these kind of comps!

- I thought the pack changes this year were great with the value, gold and ruck packs - Worked much better than the previous year I thought

- I found myself going for packs much more often than auctions, probably more of just a personal thing, but I struggled to be around consistently on a Thursday where auctions can end at any time of day. I do think that ending at any time of the day is a great control to stop sniping at the end of an auction though, so they probably already run as best as they possibly can.

- Wasn't a huge fan of fragments, and I found it hard to complete a fragment set without trading for it - maybe they make a good encouragement for trading though....

- Minigames were great fun when they were on (especially when I kept winning them), and I thought the prizes were big enough to put a bit of effort into the minigames, but still small enough that they didn't have a huge impact on the overall competition

- Things petered out a bit once we got to our finals in terms of activity. Maybe it could be worth running more minigames for coaches who don't make it/get knocked out?

Overall I thought it was a great comp, and kudos to ftc and everyone else involved in running it for all the mountains of work they put in. At this stage I'd definitely say I'd be keen for another season next year! (And hopefully I'll do a better job at keeping on top of who is actually on my list....)

Holz

Frag packs where good just maybe some tweaking.rather then players maybe have def frag, mid frag, fwd frag and ruck frag and then you can trade the frags in for whoever you want. Would make the frags alot more valuable.

Also trading, i reckon it made the game too easy combined with the trade ins. Id either cut out trading or put a cap on it like 5 players moved or less.

Had a blast though, probably the most enjoyable comp on FF. Great work FTC.

jvalles69

Keen to jump in again next season if there's a free spot (instant regret as I'm typing this)...

_wato

I’m out for next year so best of luck lads
Can always say I was the original winner and I’m happy with that