Started by Purple 77, August 21, 2018, 07:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

This is the clash we deserve...

*looks at Ada & Holz*

... but not what we need.

(courtesy of Queen Levi)

Grand Final, AFL Round 23

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                Head-to-Head
Toronto WolvesDublin DestroyersMCG2  v  5

I like seeing how our earlier premonitions about teams stack up to what actually happens in the year. Let's look back and see what was said about them all the way back in Round 1...

Quote from: meow meow on December 12, 2017, 02:11:06 PM
London - take note of the Wolves. Now THAT is how you are meant to trade if you want to get anywhere. Except they got a little carried away and traded out the true GOAT. After the mighty impressive finish to 2017 the Wolves kept the momentum going in the off season and are truly capable of anything this year.

Quote from: meow meow on December 12, 2017, 02:11:06 PM
There was once a man named Holzman, and he was pretty good at Supercoach. He was an inaugural WXV coach who built the Dublin team. His roots were humble; finishing a pathetic 18th in the competition's first year. He was a fierce competitor who knew that wasn't good enough so he invested hours of his time crunching numbers, reading match reports, asking a few trusted sources for information, garnering all the knowledge that he could. His team improved quite quickly but deep down he knew that they were never going to be elite - so he resorted to dubious methods. He studied psychology to best persuade his rival coaches to happily hand over their star players. He studied law to debate any and all rules that didn't favour his own empire. He became obsessed with his own team and their reputation, and his ego ran wild as he sought to build Dublin into an unstoppable machine that ran roughshod over the entire competition forever. He became mentally unstable and actually believed his own ramblings - convincing himself that Dublin was actually better than the mightiest of mighty Sao Paulo Pumas.

Ha, classic meow.

vs

Head-to-Head: 2 v 5
Last time they played (Round 3): Dublin Destroyers (20.10.130) lost to Toronto Wolves (23.11.149)
2018 Head-to-Head: 11 v 8
Purps' Takeaway: Was it ever going to be any other way? Toronto v Dublin. The new powerhouse v the historic powerhouse. The Minor Premiers v the form team of the last third of the season. The biggest ego in the comp vs... Holz? That's for another day. But for now, the two larger-than-life teams are destined to put up a Grand Final for the ages and I fully intend to be at the front row the whole time. Taking a look at the stats, you'll see Jack Macrae is the biggest point of difference; averaging 19 more SC points than the next highest who is the evergreen Kade Simpson, also from Toronto. Next in line are the three star Dublin mids in Martin, Jelwood and Crouch before Pendlebury - Toronto's a WXVs first ever player - rounds out the top 7 players in this game. An incredible 19 players average more than 90 points in these two teams lists, and all bar Naitanui and perhaps Bellchambers will be fronting up in this match. That's a pretty cruel blow for Toronto; missing BOTH of their 90+ averaging rucks! It's interesting to note that, whilst Toronto were certainly the dominant force of the H&A season, Dublin have outscored them in 6 of the past 9 weeks! This game honestly is the biggest of the year on so many fronts, and we're just so fortunate that it is our WXV Grand Final. So pick a side I say, and go ballistic for them!
Verdict: Toronto… predicting the Dublin mids will fail to fire.

And reserves!

Congrats Seoul & Dillos - you know the drill.

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue
Pyongyang ChollimasLa Plata ArmadaEtihad Stadium

meow meow

meow meow

The GOATGAJ would certainly help more than (C)onnor will this week. A little too carried away, let's hope it doesn't cost them the win.

Purple 77

Dublin gunning for their 3rd WXV Premiership, whilst Toronto is looking to become 5th club ever to take home the flag.

Pick a side, and don't deviate.

meow meow

I'm picking a draw. Toronto might get the flag but they'll only be paper champions and won't get the respect.

Nige

Holy shower. My mum came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mum but I'm literally in shock from the grand final fixture. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the flowering flower are they facing off? This can't be happening. I'm having a flowering breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want meow meow to be the premiership coach and win this broken competition. I cannot flowering deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he had the best list in Worlds???? This is so flowered.

Nige

This is like picking the lesser of two evils.

Nige

Oh and I laugh literally every time I read that write up about Holz and Dublin because it's the most accurate thing anyone has written on this forum.

Levi434

I too think the draw is the only way to go.

If Edgelord had GAJ then it would be all over...

Nige

Levi434

Quote from: meow meow on August 21, 2018, 07:57:49 PM
The GOATGAJ would certainly help more than (C)onnor will this week. A little too carried away, let's hope it doesn't cost them the win.

Well look here...

Quote from: Adamant on March 22, 2018, 05:24:03 PM
Trading out Gary Ablett Jnr will cost Toronto the premiership.

:-X

Holz

Carlton Carlton Suns Dogs

My mids opponents. Im feeling they will go well.

I can feel mass restings coming though

meow meow

Cripps, Murphy, Curnow, DOW. flowered there
Zorkokiller, Mav Weller. flowered there
Dunkley, Bont, Hunter, Macrae with their 40 touches each. flowered there.

Dublin's mids will be lucky to average 90 between them.

Purple 77