ASC Awards 2018

Started by Jukes, August 20, 2018, 08:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Hey all, it's a bit late but I should start the awards process now. I'll be having you all submit nominations for your team's MVP, Coaches Award, and Rookie of the Year, while the Coach of the Year Award does not require nominations. Every club should nominate their players in this thread, then I'll send out a voting form where people will submit their 5-4-3-2-1 votes for each of the four awards (and you can't vote for your own players).

MVP is basically the "best" player in your team, easy as it sounds.

Coaches Award is basically the player that you think deserves a special mention - whether it's overcoming adversity, exceeding expectations vastly, proving the coach wrong, or anything else in that trend.

Rookie of the Year, as opposed to the mainstream "Rising Star", can be any player that you selected in the 2017 NAT or Rookie Draft - so yes, guys like Liam Jones, Dale Thomas, and Gary Rohan are eligible in addition to your expected Jaidyn Stephenson, Tim Kelly, and James Worpel.

Team: MVP, Coaches Award, and RotY
Anaheim: Patrick Dangerfield, Devon Smith, Matt Guelfi
Boston: Rory Laird, Jack Redden, Dale Thomas
Carolina: Brodie Grundy, Dustin Martin, Tim Kelly
Chicago: Clayton Oliver, Harris Andrews, Andrew Brayshaw
Colorado: Jared Polec, Paul Ahern, Bailey Banfield
Houston: Dayne Beams, Hugh Greenwood, Daniel Butler
Las Vegas: Tom Mitchell, Jake Lloyd, Jaidyn Stephenson
New Brooklyn: Patrick Cripps, Angus Brayshaw, Jack Higgins
Ottawa: Toby McLean, Jimmy Webster, Billy Gowers
Quito: Shaun Higgins, Tom Phillips, James Worpel
San Francisco: Stefan Martin, Tom Hawkins, Liam Ryan
Wisconsin: Max Gawn, Jack Macrae, Bailey Fritsch

Past Winners

MVP (2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th)
2014: Joel Selwood (Chicago) (Gary Ablett Jr; Callan Ward; Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury, Todd Goldstein, Trent Cotchin)
2015: Todd Goldstein (Boston) (Nat Fyfe; Dan Hannebery; Heath Shaw; Robbie Gray)
2016: Patrick Dangerfield (Anaheim) (Max Gawn; Dustin Martin; Heath Shaw, Scott Pendlebury)
2017: Patrick Dangerfield (Anaheim) (Dustin Martin; Tom Mitchell; Matthew Kreuzer; Clayton Oliver, Matt Crouch)

Coaches Award (2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th)
2015: Tom McDonald (Chicago) (Rory Laird; Dylan Roberton; Liam Shiels; Shaun Higgins, Jack Crisp)
2016: Zach Merrett (Anaheim) (Marcus Bontempelli; Stephen Coniglio, Dayne Zorko; Alex Rance)
2017: Patrick Ryder (Chicago) (Michael Hurley; Dylan Roberton; Brad Ebert, Jake Lloyd, Tom Papley)

Coach of the Year
2015: Jukes
2016: nas
2017: nas

Rookie of the Year
N/A

Jukes

San Francisco Nominations
MVP: Stefan Martin - just yet another pretty damn good season, averaging 106.4 and playing every game in the ruck (I didn't really have a back-up ruckman most of the season too). 11 scores above 110.

Coaches Award: Tom Hawkins - was expecting a low-80s average as just another forward in the back-end of his career, and potentially one I could trade out seeing as I already had enough stars up forward (Deledio, Watts, Jenkins, Betts etc). Has instead averaged 99.6 (a career-high at 30 years old, only one previous season averaging 90+ back in 2012), lifting to 113 after his bye round which is huge for a key position forward.

Rookie of the Year: Liam Ryan - inb4 zero votes, he's all I have really apart from guys like Ryley Stoddart and Tom Murphy.

Pkbaldy

New Brooklyn Hawks

MVP: Paddy Cripps - No one would be close.
Coaches Award: Angus Brayshaw - Went from averaging 72 and possibly having too many concussions to ever play again to playing every game after mid season and averaging 96.
Rookie Of The Year: Jack Higgins (Pointless, but be interesting to see who gets 2nd)

fanTCfool

Quito Quetzals

MVP: The seasoned veteran, Mr. Shaun Higgins, pumped out a career best 101.8 at 30 years of age.
Coaches Award: Tom Phillips - Was on fire earlier this year, lifting his average to the 90+ mark for the season, including a big patch of tons mid-season.
Rookie of the Year: Plenty of options here, gonna go with James Worpel on the back of his last month.

Quick shoutout to Luke Breust, Bailey Williams, Aliir Aliir, Jacob Hopper & Nick Vlastuin for their career best seasons.

nas

Carolina Panthers:

MVP: Brodie Grundy - Avg 129.5. Missed scoring tons in 3 games for the season.
Coaches Award: Dustin Martin - Avg 103 for the Season.
Rookie of the Year: Tim Kelly - 21 Games avg 93.5

Nige

MVP: Toby McLean - Not one of the three that tied our BnF but still a gun that I'm extremely happy to have (thanks Ryno :-*) who has a big future ahead of him.
Coaches Award: Jimmy Webster - Acquired in a trade during the offseason (I miss you Ed Langdon :(), didn't expect him to go anywhere near as well as he actually did so deserves the recognition.
Rookie of the Year: Billy Gowers (dropped Ryan Schoenmakers for him). Wasn't the best scorer, but most weeks and I just love the bloke. Plus I think he can actually become a bit more relevant in years to come.

Koop

MVP - Jared Polec

Coaches Award - Paul Ahern

RotY - Bailey Banfield

Big Mac

MVP - Clarry <3

Coaches Award - Real tough one here, but i'll go with Harris Andrews who came from nowhere to average 97 up until Cameron whacked him in Rd 14

RotY - Andrew Brayshaw

SydneyRox

Vegas nominate

MVP - Tom Mitchell - nuff said

Coaches - Jake Lloyd - Just super consistent and one of the first picked, our defense mainstay and should retain the DPP next year

Roty - Jaidyn Stephenson - Fabulous rookie year, super performer and looking to many years of service to the team

powersuperkents

Wisconsin Cockerels

MVP - Max Gawn

Coaches Award - 'Captain Jack' Macrae - with Gawn, reached a new level (I knew he would be a premium, but not a fantasy pig)

ROTY - Bayley Fritsch (caught me by surprise, an important part of our finals push)

kilbluff1985

MVP - Patrick Dangerfield
Coaches Award - Devon Smith
RotY - Matt Guelfi

Jukes

Very late but better late than never! Will do better write-ups later on.

MVP
Winner: Brodie Grundy (Carolina Panthers - 34 votes)
Runners-up: Max Gawn (Wisconsin - 30), Tom Mitchell (Las Vegas - 27), Patrick Cripps (Brooklyn - 9), Patrick Laird (Boston - 7).

Coaches Award
Winner: Jack Macrae (Wisconsin Cockerels - 34 votes)
Runners-up: Devon Smith (Anaheim - 23), Angus Brayshaw (Brooklyn - 16), Tom Phillips (Quito - 15), Jake Lloyd (Las Vegas - 10).

Rookie of the Year
Winner: Tim Kelly (Carolina Panthers - 35 votes)
Runners-up: Jaidyn Stephenson (Las Vegas - 19) and James Worpel (Quito - 19), Jack Higgins (Brooklyn - 17), Bailey Fritsch (Wisconsin - 15).

Coach of the Year
Winner: powersuperkents (Wisconsin Cockerels - 30 votes)
Runners-up: Jay (Houston - 27), Sydneyrox (Las Vegas - 22), Pkbaldy (Brooklyn - 17), fanTCfool (Quito - 8) and kilbluff1985 (Anaheim - 8)