WXV Preliminary Finals: Wolves v Tigers, Thunder v Destroyers

Started by Purple 77, August 15, 2018, 08:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

The Away teams are on a war-path, but face their biggest challenges of the year.

Preliminary Finals, AFL Round 22

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                  Head-to-Head
Toronto WolvesNew Delhi TigersRogers Centre5  v  2
Beijing ThunderDublin DestroyersBeijing Olympic Park4  v  3

Toronto v New Delhi
Head-to-Head: 5  v  2
Last time they played (Round 2): Toronto Wolves (24.11.155) def New Delhi Tigers (20.6.126)
2018 Head-to-Head: 13 v 5
Purps' Takeaway: Honestly, it's hard to see New Delhi winning this one. But, it was last week too! The Tigers have won both of their finals by 1 WXV point! That's freaking nuts! New Delhi got this far last year in a campaign that was cut short by the Destroyers, so they should know what it will take to win one. That might be the toughest part - knowing they probably can't do it  :-X. The Wolves are in such strong form, and are such raging favourites for the premiership, that it's so hard to see them lose, let alone score below 150. But it's happened, and you never know. Wolves for me.

Beijing v Dublin
Head-to-Head: 4  v  3
Last time they played (Round 8 ): Beijing Thunder (25.9.159) def Dublin Destroyers (20.11.131)
2018 Head-to-Head: 7 v 11
Purps' Takeaway: The 'Jing Thing v the Finals Kings, this game is my MATCH OF THE ROUND! Dublin are the best team at finals, and I think you won't convince me otherwise, especially how they somehow managed to keep Marchbank & Curnow to a stupid low score at the death of the game just through sheer will. Fresh after participating in the game of the year however, Dublin face a rested-and-raring-to-go Thunder whom have already produced their best ever season! There is no better position to be in to get into a WXV final - a home prelim and with a star squad of midfielders fed by a helluva ruckman. It would fill me with great joy to see the 'Jing get up, and to win the premiership, so I'm going for that. I'll tip 'em too!

And don't forget reserves!

Three teams (Tokyo, Buenos Aires and Seoul) who are in the Reserves finals this week are not in the seniors. What I require from you, is that you NAME YOUR BEST SENIOR 18 like you were playing finals. I will be scrutinising your best XV to determine if that is really who you would play, so as to ensure that the players available for the reserves matches are the ones that would normally be available. If I don't agree, then I will name one for you.

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue
Pyongyang ChollimasWindsor WarriorsSeoul World Cup Stadium
La Plata ArmadaYuzawa YakuzaEstadio de River

RaisyDaisy

Toronto vs Dublin, just because the ego smack talk next week will be lulz  ;D

meow meow

We'll probably outscore both NDT and Toronto this week.

Ricochet

Nahhh, we're going to smoke it this weekend. 100+ point win coming up

Levi434

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 15, 2018, 09:16:09 PM
Toronto vs Dublin, just because the ego smack talk next week will be lulz  ;D

This very much so.

Holz

Rance May Tmac Davis
Sloane Crouch (cc) Jelly Dmart
Goldy (cc)
Jroo Hoff Hawkins Gunston
Daw Holman

Henry Occonor Omac

Toga

Love the support Purps 8)

Beijing Thunder:
D: Tom Jonas, Brandon Ellis, Tom Cutler, James Aish
M: Dayne Zorko (VC), Lachie Neale, Callan Ward, Ollie Wines
R: Brodie Grundy (C)
F: Luke Breust, Josh Caddy, Daniel Rioli, Matt Guelfi
IC: Tom Rockliff, Bradley Hill

Emg: Mason Cox (r/f), Jackson Thurlow (d), Liam Baker (f)

Missing two first choice forwards in Kane a lambert and Tex Walker isn’t ideal, hopefully their replacements can come in and be handy enough for us.

iZander

Doedee, Webster (VC), Bonner, Macmillan
Curnow (C), Cerra, Berry, Dumont
Dow
Parish, Hooker, Edwards, Simpkin
Arma, Hayward

Florent, Rayner, Bonar

upthemaidens

Would like to see a Beijing vs New Delhi  Granny, but think Dublin will go all the way.  Good luck Teams.

Boomz

For Reserves
Def: Short, Johannisen, Dea, Mihocek
Mid: Ross, Whitfield, Phillips, Atkins
Ruc: Lycett
Fwd: Dunkley, Cripps, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Fritsch
I/C: Cunningham, Thomas
EMG: Vardy, Hoskin-Elliott, Impey

Adamant

Ricochet

Finally had enough of Nooons the crab

New Delhi Tigers

DEF Lloyd (C), Houli, Rich, Murray
MID Hannebery, Sidebottom, Steven, Ziebell
RUCK SMartin (VC)
FWD Menegola, Gray, Darling, Langdon
UTIL SSelwood, Sier

EMER: Newnes, Morrison, McInerny

Ricochet

Quote from: Adamant on August 17, 2018, 07:19:03 PM
Duman OUT, Clarke to E2 and Nick Robertson to D4.

>:(

pfft he's just as much of a crab as Newnes

Toga