BXVs Grand Final Team Lodgement and Banter

Started by GoLions, August 14, 2018, 11:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

Rusty00

Quote from: Nige on August 19, 2018, 06:33:40 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on August 19, 2018, 06:14:52 PM
You join the illustrious list of teams who have beaten us in Grand Finals ;)
I can trade you the premiership for any combination of Nank, Fyfe, Whitfield, Crippa and/or Toby Mac if you really want.
No love for Zorko Spudko?

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 19, 2018, 07:49:08 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 19, 2018, 06:33:40 PM
I can trade you the premiership for any combination of Nank, Fyfe, Whitfield, Crippa and/or Toby Mac if you really want.
No love for Zorko Spudko?
I mean, if you're offering, I won't say no.  :P

nas

Congrats on winning the Cup Nas! Deserved victory. The Steins peaked at the right time (I think you outscored us every week of the finals).

Edit: also thanks to Ringo and GL for continuing the run the Comp :)

Thanks Rusty, thought with a few outs might be on the wrong end but the team stood strong. Feel that more sooner than later you will win the Cup.

Special thanks to Ringo & GL for the running of this comp.

Commiserations also to the other teams & also for the banter throughout the season.

Thanks all.

GoLions

A big congratulations to nas for winning the 2018 BXVs Premiership! Finding form when it mattered, the Steins were dominant throughout the finals series, and thoroughly deserve to take out the title this year, and those of you who doubted them can eat grass tbh! To Rusty, once again, just falling short on the big day. Hibberd injured for a chunk of the game, a number of players under-performing, it just wasn't to be. But year after year you've been one of the most competitive teams in the comp, and shouldn't feel too disappointed! I'm sure you'll be thereabouts again next year.

*Leeches scored 1846

And for our consolation finalists, congratulations to GoLions, with the Badgers getting over the line against the Leeches, coached by Hawka in his first season in BXVs. Both teams will definitely be looking to break into finals for 2019, so look out all. The Badgers ended up getting knocked out of the top 8 in the last round of the year to the Steins, on HGA...what could have been  :-X