2018 Grand Final Thread

Started by Jukes, August 13, 2018, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Great game, PSK and congrats!

Thanks Jukes and Nige for running. Promise I won't make this mistake next year - when I'm back in the GF ;)

Jukes

Few tidbits;

Firstly, Wisconsin makes it five (Detroit, SF, Boston, Carolina, Wisconsin) different premiership clubs from five seasons, and six if you include Houston who won the mini-competition that ran over the backhalf of the 2013 season.

Second, again Carolina would've done well if they played this week - Grundy 162, Kelly 155, Martin 138 and Bontempelli 124 leading the way. My boys would've done well as well - Hunter 146, Hawkins 136, Martin 133, Adams 126 our 125+ scorers. Vegas probably wouldn't have been able to win today even if they did make it through last week (but it would've been close), despite Franklin's 161, as Mitchell nor Fyfe truly exploded while Rockliff flopped.

Additionally, time to unveil our coaching situations. Please welcome the one, the only, TomK as the new head coach of the Boston Terriers, while Koop has decided to stay on at Colorado - but I do feel that the best action would be to redraft the two sides as they're pretty much polar opposites of each other - one high scoring but high age, one low scoring but low age (and that's not necessarily because of Koop as the team went in that direction before he took over). Also, it'll be fun! I’ll still put it to a vote though

powersuperkents

Welcome TomK and keep up the good work Koop - you inherited a difficult situation but if you look at what Syd & Pk have achieved (and I went through a rebuild in 2015 that saw us finish 3rd last) a lot can change very quickly  :)

fanTCfool

Congratulations to PSK and commiserations to Jay, was a tough way to lose that one.
Good to have you on board Tom, I'll miss having you on as my unannounced Quito assistant though  :'(

nas

Welcome Tom, great to have you in the comp.

SydneyRox

welcome aboard Tom!

Congrats PSK on the win!!

Koop

Yeah as Jukes said, I'd like to stay on. Would prefer to keep my list but happy to redraft if it's the majority. I've done this before (rebuilding with Hedgies in BXV, Taiwan in AXV) so happy either way.

Cheers PSK, I appreciate it. :)

Big Mac

TomK

Only just saw all these messages, cheers lads, good to be on board!