2019 Rules Discussion Thread

Started by Jukes, August 09, 2018, 02:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Alright so I’m deciding to make it a more public forum in regards to any rule changes to be done for 2019. Feel free to suggest any rule changes (or anything along those lines) in this thread so we can all have a think.

A few quick topics I’ll present off the bat;
1. Are Colorado deserving of a priority pick? I don’t think it should be too early but maybe pick 13 or 25?
2. Should we continue taking round 23 off or should we add an extra H&A round in and risk the grand final being negatively affected by teams resting players?
3. Is everybody happy with the current finals system?

Everybody feel free to add topics to the discussion!

Big Mac

How does the priority pick work if Colorado/Boston are being redrafted

nas

Quote from: Jukes on August 09, 2018, 02:14:56 AM
Alright so I’m deciding to make it a more public forum in regards to any rule changes to be done for 2019. Feel free to suggest any rule changes (or anything along those lines) in this thread so we can all have a think.

1. Are Colorado deserving of a priority pick? I don’t think it should be too early but maybe pick 13 or 25?
2. Should we continue taking round 23 off or should we add an extra H&A round in and risk the grand final being negatively affected by teams resting players?

1. Saying the 2 teams are redrafted, then no to priority pick.
2. Stay as is.
3. Yes.

SydneyRox

1. No to a priority if the teams are being split/redrafted

2. I am not against going back to a round 23 final. With the AFL having the week off, it is less likely for people to actively rest players for that week. You also look at this year where guys like Fyfe and Hill are being talked about by Freo even though finals are dead.

3. Yes, makes the most amount of sense with the teams we have.

4. Cant think of anything else right now, but will come back....

Nige

Quote from: nas on August 09, 2018, 08:08:39 AM

2. Stay as is.
3. Yes.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on August 09, 2018, 10:16:57 AM
Quote from: nas on August 09, 2018, 08:08:39 AM

2. Stay as is.
3. Yes.
+1