WXV Semi Finals: Pacific & Seoul to Face Bad History

Started by Purple 77, August 08, 2018, 08:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Semi Finals, AFL Round 21

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                Head-to-Head
Pacific IslandersNew Delhi TigersLinkbelt Oval2  v  5
Seoul MagpiesDublin DestroyersSeoul World Cup Stadium3  v  5

The home teams both face teams they've struggled against in the past, in what shapes up to be two tense games!

Pacific v New Delhi
Head-to-Head: 2 v 5
Last time they played (Round 9): Pacific Islanders (23.6.144) lost to New Delhi Tigers (23.11.149)
2018 Head-to-Head: 12 v 6
Purps' Takeaway: Looking at the H&A seasons of both teams here, it's clear that Pacific have been the better performer. But, I guess that really doesn't count for much right now... except for a handy mental edge. Or does it? Andrew Gaff going full bonkers and getting himself suspended for the rest of the year might have injected the Tigers with a bit of self belief! Oh boy is it needed, because the Islanders can look intimidating with Tom Mitchell's hands on the wheel. They did after all score more points this year than anyone else. It is weird then, that they have lost to every Top 6 team this year, including their last encounter with the Tiges. I'm starting to convince myself the Islanders might be shaky! It'd be tempting to tip the Tiges, but they haven't really inspired faith with their recent form. Islanders for me.

Seoul v Dublin
Head-to-Head: 3 v 5
Last time they played (Round 17): Seoul Magpies (24.6.150) def Dublin Destroyers (23.9.147)
2018 Head-to-Head: 9 v 9
Purps' Takeaway: Awwww yeah boi! This game is my MATCH OF THE ROUND! Just look at that 2018 head to head! Not only that, but often these two teams were separated by less than 10 SC points in a given week. Both Seoul & Dublin have midfield Titans that have got them this far, but when they've lost, it's because of no one else standing up for Seoul, and Dublin's shaky defence failing to fire if the rest of the team isn't already injured. Seoul certainly have looked a better team since Danger has come back into form, but perhaps it is Josh Kelly or Clayton Oliver that is more deserving of captaincy honours? Over the past 5 games, Clarry has averaged 133, Danger 127 and Kelly 128 (courtesy of a mammoth double-ton last week). Far out, it must be a nice problem to have! Meanwhile at Dublin, I was actually shocked to see (just now actually) that they don't have a single player averaging more than 105 this season! But I tell ya what though, there isn't much of a drop off in their top 20 averaging players. So, Dublin depth v Seoul's superstars? I think I'm feelin Seoul in this one.

And don't forget reserves!

All four teams (Toronto, Tokyo, London and Cairo) who are in the Reserves finals this week are not in the seniors. What I require from you, is that you NAME YOUR BEST SENIOR 18 like you were playing finals. I will be scrutinising your best XV to determine if that is really who you would play, so as to ensure that the players available for the reserves matches are the ones that would normally be available. If I don't agree, then I will name one for you.

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue
Windsor WarriorsAlexandria HieroglyphicsRogers Centre
Yuzawa YakuzaImperial PrincesTokyo Olympic Stadium

Adamant

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 05, 2018, 10:52:38 PM
Once again we find a way to lose.  New Delhi can finish us off next week.

Quote from: Ricochet on July 28, 2018, 11:01:01 PM
We no good

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 01, 2018, 10:41:16 PM
Seoul aren't no test this week

Quote from: Holz on July 29, 2018, 08:11:45 PM
I think I got done by HGA

sadly I think it will happen in finals too. That middle path of the season very costly

Quote from: Toga on July 24, 2018, 11:22:01 PM
Sounds stupid sitting in 2nd at the moment but I've lost too many first-choice defenders this year (due to poor form or injury) to challenge much in the finals I think :-\ It's one thing having our midfield fit and firing but I can't have spuds like Roarke Smith and Tom Clurey playing down back if I'm to match it with the big guns.

Not a lot of confidence amongst 5 of our final 6 teams, clearly none of them want it bad enough. Just hand the Edgelords the cup now.

Toga

Mind games.

Pacific in trouble of going out in straight sets with Gaff out, while Seoul's midfield is looking ominous.

JBs-Hawks

Ada, do you save these quotes thinking I can use them later in the year or did you search through for them?

Levi434

The Edgelord has these stored in the data files. What you all don't realise is that The Edgelord is a supercomputer.

Adamant

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 08, 2018, 11:24:29 PM
Ada, do you save these quotes thinking I can use them later in the year or did you search through for them?

Definitely do not save them. The Edgelord doesn't forget weakness when he sees it.

Holz

Adamant

Purple 77

Quote from: Adamant on August 09, 2018, 12:41:41 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 08, 2018, 11:24:29 PM

Definitely do not save them. The Edgelord doesn't forget weakness when he sees it.

Ha! What a ripper statement haha

Holz

Alex Rance, Tom Mcdonald, Steven May, Phil Davis
Dustin Martin (C), Matt Crouch (VC), Rory Sloane, Joel Selwood
Todd Goldstien
Jack Rieowldt, Justin Westhoff, Jack Gunston, Tom Hawkins
Majak Daw, Nick Holman

B Preuss (R), Jack Henry (F), Oscar Mcdonald (D)

Ricochet

New Delhi Tigers

DEF Lloyd, Houli, Howe, Rich
MID Hannebery, Sidebottom (C), Steven, Ziebell
UTIL Newnes, SSelwood
RUCK SMartin (VC)
FWD Menegola, Gray, Darling, Langdon

EMER: Sier, Murray, McInerny

upthemaidens

New Delhi hey... Pretty sure we'll find a way to lose.    We get Stanley back, so that's something.  Lyons would be handy.

Adamant

WINDSOR EDGELORDS

D: Kade Kolodjashnij, Alex Johnson, Nick Robertson, Tom Cole, Taylin Duman, Brad Lynch, Alex Pearce
M: Brayden Fiorini
R:
F: Allen Christensen

D: Simpson, Witherden, Thompson, Clarke
M: Macrae, Pendlebury, Redden, Prestia
U: Kelly, Hopper
R: Bellchambers (C)
F: Mundy, Hogan, Boak, Milera

E: Fiorini, Kolodjashnij, Christensen

Boomz

For Reserves
Def: Johannisen, Short, McNeice, Mihocek