WXV Rules Discussion 2018

Started by Purple 77, August 04, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on February 21, 2019, 01:31:01 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 21, 2019, 01:21:35 PM
Nearly all of those trades are so damn old making them irrelevant examples of how the current vote process and coaches had anything to do with making Dublin great

The rocky trade last year.

If we had more relaxed trade votes would have passed and Seoul would be the Premiers.

Most of those trades though.... lol you actually were lucky that the other coaches helped you by negging them haha

You've come a long way, because you don't put up trades like them anymore, well at least since I've been around :)

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 21, 2019, 01:36:55 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 21, 2019, 01:31:01 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 21, 2019, 01:21:35 PM
Nearly all of those trades are so damn old making them irrelevant examples of how the current vote process and coaches had anything to do with making Dublin great

The rocky trade last year.

If we had more relaxed trade votes would have passed and Seoul would be the Premiers.

Most of those trades though.... lol you actually were lucky that the other coaches helped you by negging them haha

You've come a long way, because you don't put up trades like them anymore, well at least since I've been around :)

When the comp first started i was new to super coach and pretty bad, as reflected in my first spoon. The comp saved me early on largely with the pick 1 trade.

luckily with a second chance i nailed the next trade.

the other times the comp has saved me from bad luck

Libba
Bennell - getting injured
Rocky - moving clubs
Swan - retiring early

Trade 6 is a huge one, I was going to pick Hopper at pick 3 but got moved down to pick 5 which lead me to get Kennedy. However if Kennedy had of been taken instead of Parish or Francis i would have drafted Clayton Oliver and that would have been the comps biggest gift to me.

meow meow

If we're talking negged trades then I must put forth one word: COMPO

meow meow

Hmm let's block Rocky and Gilbert for Gibbs and Sandi because Gilbert is worth too much. Just give up someone of lesser value like James flowering Sicily instead. Cheats. Give me Gibbons.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on February 21, 2019, 05:38:49 PM
Hmm let's block Rocky and Gilbert for Gibbs and Sandi because Gilbert is worth too much. Just give up someone of lesser value like James flowering Sicily instead. Cheats. Give me Gibbons.

just a word of advice that might help you out.

There is an option you haven't considered.

you could always just not do bad trades.

upthemaidens

What was the issues with trading future picks?   It adds another bargaining chip to trading and it's used in the AFL.
    What's the negatives to it?

I think in the AFL, clubs need to use at least one 1st round pick every four years(don't quote me on that).
    Whether we would need to adopt that part as well is another thing.

Holz

Quote from: upthemaidens on March 01, 2019, 03:29:00 PM
What was the issues with trading future picks?   It adds another bargaining chip to trading and it's used in the AFL.

I think in the AFL, clubs need to use at least one 1st round pick every four years(don't quote me on that).

The negative is its a change

its just easier to tick the box "keep i the same"

I think its a great rule, which means its no chance of being implemented.

meow meow

The issue is that Pacific wouldn't trade anything of value for a future first.

That and they're impossible to value. At the start of the trade period my future first would have probably been considered to be in the 10-14 range, by the end of the trade period I didn't have one haha. But if I didn't get stripped of it it would have surely been worth pick 1 or 2.

iZander

Quote from: meow meow on March 02, 2019, 12:59:21 AM

The issue is that Pacific wouldn't trade anything of value for a future first.

That and they're impossible to value. At the start of the trade period my future first would have probably been considered to be in the 10-14 range, by the end of the trade period I didn't have one haha. But if I didn't get stripped of it it would have surely been worth pick 1 or 2.

Thats not really an issue though, one of the skills of trading future picks is being able to predict where ur team/other teams will finish and can benefit from that! Dont see that as an issue not to have it?

meow meow

At the start of the trade period a future pick could be worth pick 14 and at the end it be worth pick 2, depending on how coaches want to manipulate things. That's not an issue?

Christchurch were a contender. If I traded my future first most people would think it in the 10-14 range and value it as that, vote on the trade according to that. Then I gutted my team and the picks value skyrocketed. The earlier trade could become very unfair.

GoLions

Quote from: meow meow on March 04, 2019, 03:42:52 PM
At the start of the trade period a future pick could be worth pick 14 and at the end it be worth pick 2, depending on how coaches want to manipulate things. That's not an issue?

Christchurch were a contender. If I traded my future first most people would think it in the 10-14 range and value it as that, vote on the trade according to that. Then I gutted my team and the picks value skyrocketed. The earlier trade could become very unfair.
Compo surely

Holz

thats the point and fun of trading picks.

The team trading in the pick is backing you in to do worse then expected and your backing yourself in to do better then expected.

If you trade out a pick at a value of a future pick 14 and then you collapse and it turns out pick 2 because you gutted your team then you lose out and thats on you. The exact same if Capetown traded out their pick top 3 value and then they do a great job of competing then they win by moving on the pick.

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on March 04, 2019, 04:25:49 PM

The team trading in the pick is backing you in to do worse then expected and your backing yourself in to do better then expected.

If you trade out a pick at a value of a future pick 14 and then you collapse and it turns out pick 2 because you gutted your team then you lose out and thats on you. The exact same if Capetown traded out their pick top 3 value and then they do a great job of competing then they win by moving on the pick.
Yeah flower you guys for not letting me trade pick 17 of the 2019 draft

meow meow

You wouldn't be saying that if I traded my future pick to Seoul before I decided to "rebuild".

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on March 04, 2019, 09:45:25 PM

You wouldn't be saying that if I traded my future pick to Seoul before I decided to "rebuild".

If you traded out future picks then decided to rebuild in that same trade period then you should be sacked immeditely.