WXV Rules Discussion 2018

Started by Purple 77, August 04, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Whilst I'm capitalising on some motivation, here is a reminder of the results from the rules we voted on in August :)

Leadership Groups are back. I'll open up a thread shortly where you can announce them.

Partial lockout loopholing is not allowed, however, you may loophole to your heart's content during the bye round rolling lockouts.

Resting bonuses were increased from 10% to 20%.

Ha, that was it.

meow meow

Holz

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 09, 2019, 11:56:44 AM
How often do we get 9+ negs on a trade?   If 4 or 5 coaches have an issue with a trade, then surely the trade needs looking at.

the coaches voted for a Democracy though.

How often do democratic governments get elected into government with 33% of the vote.

also as it stands 3 coaches can think team A wins, 3 coaches can think team B wins and 66% of coaches can think its fair and it fails.

If we are going with this North Korean, Germany in 1930 voting system. then at least we need to have Team A wins Team B wins and neutral.

RaisyDaisy

Let it go Holz, just let it go

Purps has already told you that your scenario of multiple votes for both sides doesn't even happen in the first place, so stop beating this dead horse already

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 11, 2019, 12:34:53 PM
Let it go Holz, just let it go

Purps has already told you that your scenario of multiple votes for both sides doesn't even happen in the first place, so stop beating this dead horse already

Purp "This is now your opportunity to discuss why a 9 vote neg level is more appropriate."

Holz "Did that"

upthemaidens

Quote from: Holz on February 11, 2019, 12:32:13 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 09, 2019, 11:56:44 AM
How often do we get 9+ negs on a trade?   If 4 or 5 coaches have an issue with a trade, then surely the trade needs looking at.

the coaches voted for a Democracy though.

How often do democratic governments get elected into government with 33% of the vote.

also as it stands 3 coaches can think team A wins, 3 coaches can think team B wins and 66% of coaches can think its fair and it fails.

If we are going with this North Korean, Germany in 1930 voting system. then at least we need to have Team A wins Team B wins and neutral.
Clinton had 2.8 million more votes then Trump.  What is democracy really...

Purple 77

Teams left to vote:

Cairo Sands
Cape Town Cobras
Christchurch Saints
Pacific Islanders
PNL Reindeers
Tokyo Samurai
Toronto Wolves

Torpedo10

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 18, 2019, 08:08:10 PM
Teams left to vote:

Cairo Sands
Cape Town Cobras
Christchurch Saints
Pacific Islanders
PNL Reindeers
Tokyo Samurai
Toronto Wolves
Voted!

Purple 77

So, with 16 votes down, a majority has revealed itself!

A) 10
B) 2
C) 2
D) 2

So, we are keeping as is!

What's that? These two votes were a waste of time I hear you say? Well, you'd be wrong! This is vital confirmation that the way we do things is what the community wants, and it's important to reaffirm that on an annual basis.

FTR, option 'Relax' received the most 'second preference' votes.

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 20, 2019, 05:34:19 PM
FTR, option 'Relax' received the most 'second preference' votes.
Yeah it did bb

Holz

Again the comp votes to keeps things the same.

More then happy for things to stay the same, has been working out pretty well for my Dubliners.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on February 21, 2019, 08:51:52 AM

More then happy for things to stay the same, has been working out pretty well for my Dubliners.

Yeah, because how we vote on trades has a huge impact on how Dublin performs  :o

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 21, 2019, 10:10:04 AM
Quote from: Holz on February 21, 2019, 08:51:52 AM

Yeah, because how we vote on trades has a huge impact on how Dublin performs  :o

Yes you are correct, it has had a huge effect The below 8 trades have drastically shaped Dublin. Last year if trade voting was more relaxed i would of had Rocky and not Selwood and I would have missed the finals. So rejecting that rocky trade gave me a flag.

Trade 1

Dublin gives: Pick 1 and Scott D Thompson
Dublin receives: Pick 18 and Stewart Crameri

instead

Dublin gives: Picks 1, 56 and 74, Scott D. Thompson and Adam Schneider
Dublin receives: Alex Rance, Travis Boak, Jesse Hogan

This was huge i picked up 3 stars instead of essentially nothing.

Trade 2

Dublin Give: Pick 12 + Pick 21 + Luke Delaney + Shuan Grigg + Sam Frost + Neville Jetta + George Hewett
Dillos Give: Dane Swan + Paul Chapman

instead

keep the picks for latter trades

Trade 3

Dublin Trades: Tom Rockliff + Robert Murphy + N57
Dublin Receives: Steele Sidebottom + Shannon Hurn + Daniel Wells + Josh Saunders + N84

instead

Trade 110
Christchurch trade: Jack Gunston and Travis Boak
Dublin trade: Josh Green and Tom Rockliff

Sidey and Hurn are ok but much happier with Gunston and Boak.

Trade 4

New York give: Tom Liberatore and Harley Bennell
Dublin give: Travis Boak and Jack Gunston

instead

Kept Boak + Gunny and avoided those 2 disasters.

Trade 5

Dublin trade: Todd Goldstein, Jobe Watson, Jason Holmes, Daniel Currie + Majak Daw
Rio de Janeiro trade: Sam Jacobs, Marc Murphy, Jack Riewoldt, Taylor Garner + Tom Read

instead kept Goldy and Daw and turned Watson into Jroo anyway.

Trade 6

Dublin trade: Scott Thompson, Robert Murphy, Lachlan Hansen, Nathan van Berlo, Josh Walker
Dublin Receive:  Pick 3

instead:

Dublin trade: Scott Thompson, Robert Murphy, Nathan van Berlo, Josh Walker
Rio de Janeiro trade: Pick 5

I kept Hansen but moved down from 3 to 5 and lost Jacob Hopper. This one still hurts.

Trade 7

Berlin trade: Jarryd Roughead, Mark LeCras, Jay Kennedy-Harris + Ben Davis
Dublin trade: Kieren Jack, Kayne Turner, Ben Crocker + Jack Trengove

instead

Cape Town trade: Tom Hawkins + Lachie Plowman
Dublin trade: Kieran Jack + Kayne Turner

Hawkins was huge for me this year and been very helpfull in past premierships.

Trade 8

Dublin trade: Jacob Weitering, Hugh Greenwood + Mason Wood
Mexico trade: Tom Rockliff, Elliot Himmelberg  + PSD Pick 8

instead

Dublin trade: Hugh Greenwood, Jacob Weitering + Mason Wood
Dublin recieve: Joel Selwood, Harley Balic, Mitchell Lewis + Pick 61

much happier having Jelly in the squad over Rocky without it i dont think i make the grandfinal.

RaisyDaisy

Nearly all of those trades are so damn old making them irrelevant examples of how the current vote process and coaches had anything to do with making Dublin great

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 21, 2019, 01:21:35 PM
Nearly all of those trades are so damn old making them irrelevant examples of how the current vote process and coaches had anything to do with making Dublin great

The rocky trade last year.

If we had more relaxed trade votes would have passed and Seoul would be the Premiers.