Main Menu

EXV Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, August 02, 2018, 12:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: LF on August 07, 2018, 05:32:36 PM
We have 12 teams in ADT everyone plays each other once
We have 2 rounds of a rivalry round no HGA one was first round of the season the other was last round before finals
We had 2 rounds of finals replays mainly the top 4 from previous year but top 8 if possible
Then the other matches left were by ladder positions from previous season
Don’t play during the byes
I really enjoy it like this fwiw, worked out really well. Had a pretty close ladder.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on August 07, 2018, 05:39:20 PM
Quote from: LF on August 07, 2018, 05:32:36 PM
We have 12 teams in ADT everyone plays each other once
We have 2 rounds of a rivalry round no HGA one was first round of the season the other was last round before finals
We had 2 rounds of finals replays mainly the top 4 from previous year but top 8 if possible
Then the other matches left were by ladder positions from previous season
Don’t play during the byes
I really enjoy it like this fwiw, worked out really well. Had a pretty close ladder.
I guess the only issue is if teams change from last year.

what do people think about the conference system

So 6 teams each side

5 x 2 games against your conference rivals then 6 games against the other conference.

Thats 16 games in the regular season. No games in the byes and then you can have 4-5 rounds of finals.

I also wouldn't mind putting back the North v South during the byes which would work if we are building the conference system.

Holz

I have had some really good feed back from voting on the rules.

regarding the sub rule and the minimum HGA people seemed to be 50/50 on a minimum HGA, but it was largely related to if we had a sub rule or not.

on the sub rule some where against it and some for it. A suggestion i got which makes lots of sense as a solution is to do it by TOG so if a player has less then 25% TOG then they get subbed out.

This would be for very early injuries and that seems fair enough.

For the mid season trade period, some liked it and some where really against it. so will skip it this year as the people who didnt like it really didnt like it. I want to bring north v south back so not having it will give attention to that.

lastly on the home and away the conference system seemed a good option. so say your a north team you play the north teams twice and the south teams once. Then the top 6 teams play in the finals and we can have a week off and then have north v south during the byes

Holz

Summary for TLDR

1. player subbed out if <25% TOG
2. min HGA of 30
3. no mid season trade period.
4. North and South conference, play your conference twice, play other conference once for 16 games + 6 teams make finals.

bonus: North v South during the byes is back.

let me know your thoughts. 

GoLions

GoLions

Proposal: you keep all your rookie picks (even if not enough list space for all) instead of losing them when the rookie draft starts, so that you are still free to trade them during the draft.

GoLions

Proposal:
Scores are divided by 10 to better reflect the AFL's scoring system, and are rounded to nearest whole number.

a. If rounded scores are the same, unrounded scores are used to determine the victor.

b. If the unrounded scores are the same, the result is a draw.

c. If a draw occurs in the finals, the team that finished higher on the ladder progresses.

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on August 27, 2020, 12:15:00 PM
Proposal:
Scores are divided by 10 to better reflect the AFL's scoring system, and are rounded to nearest whole number.

a. If rounded scores are the same, unrounded scores are used to determine the victor.

b. If the unrounded scores are the same, the result is a draw.

c. If a draw occurs in the finals, the team that finished higher on the ladder progresses.