Main Menu

EXV Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, August 02, 2018, 12:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

any rules you think need changing in the offseason?

The big one is im strongly considering of putting in a mid season trade period with a limited amount of traded players say 5?

The second one is i think HGA should have a minimum HGA, getting a early injury suck but getting a early injury and blowing your HGA really sucks. Im thinking of a minimum of 30 for HGA.

Ziplock

LF

I don’t like mid season trading at all
Even with a decent size leftover pool it just devalues the rookie draft at the end of the season.

Holz

Quote from: LF on August 02, 2018, 11:40:57 PM
I don’t like mid season trading at all
Even with a decent size leftover pool it just devalues the rookie draft at the end of the season.

How does it devalue the rookie?

JBs-Hawks

Mid season trade periods will just lead to teams tanking and teams loading up

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 03, 2018, 01:15:31 AM

i was thinking it would be more used to fix up holes.

For example I have been hit with alot of injuries to my defense line. Now im obviously competing so trading in a defender would help me compete. I guess also another example could be Adam Treloar has gone done with a season ending injury is Belarus was contending they could trade him to a team out of the hunt for another mid.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on August 03, 2018, 12:53:24 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 03, 2018, 01:15:31 AM

i was thinking it would be more used to fix up holes.

For example I have been hit with alot of injuries to my defense line. Now im obviously competing so trading in a defender would help me compete. I guess also another example could be Adam Treloar has gone done with a season ending injury is Belarus was contending they could trade him to a team out of the hunt for another mid.

That's how in theory you might like it to work but it's not how it will work

Holz

ok so mid season trading gone.

what about

1. Sub Rule

2. Minimum HGA

3. Anything else?

Scrads

I'm not a huge fan of having a sub rule.

I'm not overly opposed to some mid-season tweaks... Maybe like a 2 player limit though?

I do like minimum HGA and 30 is about right.

nas

Quote from: Scrads on August 04, 2018, 11:14:52 AM
I'm not a huge fan of having a sub rule.

I'm not overly opposed to some mid-season tweaks... Maybe like a 2 player limit though?

I do like minimum HGA and 30 is about right.

This is what we did in ASC http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,111647.0.html

Basically the following:
1) all trades must be equal in amounts of players traded - 1 for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3, etc.
2) no pick trading, to avoid teams chucking it in early (and the other way around)
3) no players from the 2017 NAT Draft can be traded
4) teams are limited to two trades and four player movements each (i.e. two two-for-two trades, one one-for-one and a three-for-three, just the one four-for-four, etc).
5) as usual trades can be complained via pm to myself and then put to a vote.

Would need tweaking a tad if implemented, being how many we do.
Leave 2 & 3 in.

Sub rule also not a fan, the HGA (30) minimum is close to it.

Ziplock

Why the 2017 draft?

I always liked the sub rule in this format- it removes part of the uncertainty of having a player getting knocked out in the first minute and walking off with a score of -3 (#allenchristensen)

Nige

Quote from: Ziplock on August 06, 2018, 04:54:05 PM
Why the 2017 draft?
nas just quoted the rule during the ASC mid-season trade period.

2017 draft was last year.

So basically, it just stops teams from selling their (recently drafted) kids.

Anyway, not really a fan of any of these rules. Would prefer to keep things as they are.

Koop

Quote from: Nige on August 06, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
Anyway, not really a fan of any of these rules. Would prefer to keep things as they are.

Holz

ok so we normally take the first few rounds off and then the byes with 14 games homw and away.

with only 12 clubs should we extend the home and away?

2 games against each and then 2 weeks of finals is too short a finals series.

2 games against 5 teams and then 1 game against 6 teams works but then could have fixture issues. We could go with conferences with North and South, so you play your conference twice.

Then we also have the finals series. 8 teams qualifying out of 12 seems way too easy. unless we had a 5 round format. like 1 2 3 4 5 6 have the bye week 1. then 7 plays 10, 8 plays 9 to get the final 2 spots, then we go from there. Would create some extra tension to make the top 6 and teams like Belarus who came home hot could still make a run for it.

Could go with 6 teams making it and then 5 round, round robin with the 2 top teams making the grand final. Top team would obviously have the advantage of HGA every week. To avoid tanking draft picks would be based on where you finished in the home and way season unless you made the grand final.

Could go the typical 6 team finals, where 1st and 2nd play and go straight to the finals (not a huge fan of this one, as you need to just win 2 finals to win the comp).

what are peoples thoughts.

At the moment i dont mind the conference thing leading into the round robin. That would be 16 home and away games and 5 round robins, ending in 1 grand final.

LF

We have 12 teams in ADT everyone plays each other once
We have 2 rounds of a rivalry round no HGA one was first round of the season the other was last round before finals
We had 2 rounds of finals replays mainly the top 4 from previous year but top 8 if possible
Then the other matches left were by ladder positions from previous season
Don’t play during the byes