WXV Award Nominations 2018

Started by Purple 77, July 30, 2018, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

A few contenders to choose from this year. Tim Kelly has proven to be the best WXV pick 14 ever, but his output hasn't been unexpected after watching him tear the WAFL a new one last year. Hogan delivered on his potential, taking his average out of the 70s to be a borderline top 10 forward in the competition, but again was inevitable. JackMac was always destined to be a 120+ player too.

Instead, I'm going to give my Coaches Award to a bloke I picked up as part of my 29th and final trade of the 2017/18 trade period. At the time of the trade, I thought I had seen enough from him that would suggest he'd be a career 75-85 mid/fwd in time (at least two seasons down the track), and he might've been a chance of pushing high 60s/low 70s this year to be solid enough depth if relied upon, but a role change down back has proven to be extremely fruitful for the former WXV pick 11. Of course, the man I'm talking about is Wayne Milera Junior.

Although a season average of 75.7 is only modest, since being moved to half-back permanently in round 5 against Sydney (and removing his injury-affected game against Carlton in round 7), Wayne junior has averaged 21 disposals (13 kicks) at 77% DE, 5 marks, 3 tackles and 85 SuperCoach points to date to cement himself at F4 in the minor premiers side. Not bad for a bloke that had only ever played one game at half-back in the under-18s national championships!

Honourable mention goes to Scott Thompson who has wound back the clock after I took him with pick 73 in the International Draft after being delisted by upcoming qualifying final opponent Seoul.

Levi434

Rio's Coaches Award Nomination is Angus Brayshaw.

You know, this Guy is a gun.

upthemaidens

Lots of Islanders have had strong seasons and many could of been selected.
    Pacific will nominate Devon Smith.  Averaging 97pts  with 21 touches, 9 tackles and a goal a game.

JBs-Hawks

Ricochet

Jake Lloyd won our fairest and best, and our coaches award nom after lifting his average from 88 to 109

Hellopplz

It wasn't a great year for PNL, but one of the bright spots showing his potential and nailing down a spot in the XV was Dougal Howard. This is rewarded with our coaches award.

In a year where it was at times a struggle to field a full XV, Dougal staked his case by playing majority of games, including a great first half of the year to help build our strongest line in defence. Just a sign of things to come!

Nige

Dayne Beams is the 2018 Cairo best and fairest winner.

iZander

RaisyDaisy

Shaun HigGOAT wins the B&F for New York

upthemaidens

Best and Fairest for Pacific is the biggest Pig in the Animal Farm  Tom Mitchell.  Well done Legend.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on July 30, 2018, 08:39:33 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on July 30, 2018, 08:19:40 PM
You'd wanna hope Buenos Aires gets the Rising Star award, with 6 to choose from  :o
Nope.
Quantity does not equal quality - Higgins better than any of the 6 nominees.

iZander

Quote from: Ringo on August 04, 2018, 11:01:59 PM
Quote from: GoLions on July 30, 2018, 08:39:33 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on July 30, 2018, 08:19:40 PM
You'd wanna hope Buenos Aires gets the Rising Star award, with 6 to choose from  :o
Nope.
Quantity does not equal quality - Higgins better than any of the 6 nominees.
The only thing Higgins is better than Cerra at is interviews ;)

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 04, 2018, 03:01:31 PM
It wasn't a great year for PNL, but one of the bright spots showing his potential and nailing down a spot in the XV was Dougal Howard. This is rewarded with our coaches award.

In a year where it was at times a struggle to field a full XV, Dougal staked his case by playing majority of games, including a great first half of the year to help build our strongest line in defence. Just a sign of things to come!

And our Best & Fairest winner, surprise surprise is

Zach Merrett

Jroo

Coaches award: James Sicily

Increased his average from 73 to 105 this year and made himself a genuine captain option each week for a team that was struggling. First player on the team sheet each and is now the best player from the Rocky trade. Sicily > Rocky > Gibbs

Sicily also won our B&F  8)

Torpedo10

I know it's too late, but Banfield for our Coaches' Award & Conigs for the BnF.  :)