Main Menu

Cerra.

Started by anchorman, July 10, 2018, 01:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

Adam Cerr is this weeks NAB rising star nominee. Well done to the young man. He has played some very good football for us so far this season.
And if we can believe the commentators yesterday, he is close to signing an extension of his contract.

valkorum

Congratulations Cerra

Ricochet

valkorum

Brayshaw and Banfields turn next

anchorman

I thought that Banfield would have been our first.His performance has been solid all year.Not taking anything away from Cerra, but it seems that one flashy performance gets you a nomination rather than a string of good solid performances. Cerra has played well since his arrival in the side, but several others seem to have been gifted nominations after one performance.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: anchorman on July 10, 2018, 05:38:36 PM
I thought that Banfield would have been our first.His performance has been solid all year.Not taking anything away from Cerra, but it seems that one flashy performance gets you a nomination rather than a string of good solid performances. Cerra has played well since his arrival in the side, but several others seem to have been gifted nominations after one performance.

The best rookie of the round gets the nomination, so yeah it's the flashy performance that is meant to get it

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 10, 2018, 05:49:01 PM
Quote from: anchorman on July 10, 2018, 05:38:36 PM

The best rookie of the round gets the nomination, so yeah it's the flashy performance that is meant to get it
Nah it's not. They take into account a "body of work".

valkorum

For the 1st half of the season its the best individual performance of the round.

Then they start to realise that some guys "need" a nomination so they start to take in to account their "body of work" to make sure they get a nomination.

valkorum

valkorum

elephants

He felt the need to hold out until the last minute for more money, doesnt suggest to me that the culture is amazing.

That and your best and fairest wants to bail

Bill Manspeaker

comin to the Saints after the 2 years is up

Ricochet

flower yeh, great result.

Quote from: elephants on September 05, 2018, 06:23:55 PM
He felt the need to hold out until the last minute for more money, doesnt suggest to me that the culture is amazing.

Pipe down m8

valkorum

Your best and fairest is probably leaving as well - along with your current number 1 ruck.  How good is your culture

elephants

Quote from: valkorum on September 05, 2018, 06:58:49 PM

Your best and fairest is probably leaving as well - along with your current number 1 ruck.  How good is your culture

Ahh Gaff isn't quite gone yet, a much better chance to stay than Neale. And dont start me on that disgusting dive by Brayshaw, Gaff did nothing wrong

Number 1 ruck? Nah Nic Nat is staying. Lycett is a hack, missed his foot from 1cm out and got a right old touching up by Gawn when we actually needed him to stand up in round 22. Very happy for Port to overpay him and overpay us in a trade. Would prefer Hickey who at least put in a shift against the big dogs!