Thinking About 2019

Started by RaisyDaisy, July 09, 2018, 04:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

At those prices they need to turn into keepers

If Crouch and Smith were 250k I would do it obviously, but at those prices I won't even consider them as they carry too much risk and don't have proven prem histories either (Smith just 1 year nearly 5 years ago)

fanTCfool

A few other underpriced players of note:

As long as he doesn't play this week, Toby Greene will receive a slight discount, could make him a little more appealing if we lose a few of the DPP forwards from this year, he's one we can bank on retaining his forward status.

Tom Scully averaged 19 this year and theoretically receives the 30% discount as well as he only played one game. Obviously they won't price him at a 19 average, but could be a very juicy starter at 280-320k or something along those lines, capable of M7/M8 scoring up until the byes.

Aaron Hall will be about 400k, but doubt he would have too many suitors unless he puts up some big JLT scores. Does have the potential to ton and put up a 90+ average, but I probably wouldn't look at him unless he had DPP for some reason.

Michael Barlow will be cheaper as well, close to 300k I suspect, but I'm not sure if he is even contracted for next year - isn't getting games anyway, so I've more or less put a line through him.

Dylan Roberton will be cheap if he returns from his heart problem, but I suspect he has lost his spot to Webster. Not a lot of interest.

Already mentioned in this thread and similar to Scully, Libba averaged 13 this year in Round 1 when he was injured. Will get a juicy discount down toward his 2016 starting price of 350k. Probably lower.

Other players set for a discount that probably have little relevance for SuperCoach selection (they'll get a discount, but their relevance/price can fluctuate depending on their average for the rest of the year):

Zac Smith, Lachie Henderson, Pearce Hanley, Hamish Hartlett, Liam Picken, Jamie Elliott, Martin Gleeson, Matthew Broadbent, Josh Smith, Sam Naismith, Daniel Wells, Braydon Preuss, Declan Mountford, Tom Bell, Tom Williamson, Adam Oxley, Harley Bennell, Harley Balic.

crowls

Quote from: TomK on July 11, 2018, 05:47:51 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 11, 2018, 05:38:49 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on July 11, 2018, 05:29:44 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on July 10, 2018, 10:55:03 AM
Doch:      504600 (20%)
B.Crouch:   423300 (20%)
Z.Williams: 413000 (20%)
B.Smith:    316500 (30%)
Lock them in.

Doch and Williams Yes - wouldn't start the Crows
Brodie Smith is a chance to return for a couple games before the end of the season as well I think, so obviously depending on how he scores but he probably won't get that much of a discount with games played
Agree with RD.   Doc and Williams for certain.  not touching the crow boys.  Crouch to injury prone and Smith to inconsistent.   

TommyC

Elliot Yeo. Playing predominantly MID this year and will probably be only available as a MID next year.
Anyone considering him as a prem mid? Averaging 105+ up to this point...

TommyC

As for Ruckman: Surely Gawn/Grundy locks for 2019. Would have to be pretty brave not to.

Ringo

Quote from: TommyC on July 12, 2018, 11:22:00 PM
As for Ruckman: Surely Gawn/Grundy locks for 2019. Would have to be pretty brave not to.
Just concerned with rucks traditionally Top rucks from the year fall a little in the following year.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Ringo on July 12, 2018, 11:32:47 PM
Just concerned with rucks traditionally Top rucks from the year fall a little in the following year.

Eh, I'm not too concerned. Grundy in particular scores like a midfielder with a bunch of hitouts on the side. 24 years of age doesn't hurt either.

SilverLion

Will be too expensive, sacrificing too much elsewhere.

Hopefully Preuss goes to the Dogs so we can lock him in.

TommyC

Quote from: SilverLion on July 13, 2018, 12:02:30 AM
Will be too expensive, sacrificing too much elsewhere.

Hopefully Preuss goes to the Dogs so we can lock him in.
Then there is the question, Gawn or Grundy for R1? With Preuss for R2.

Trindacut

Never pick a No. 1 ruckman from the year previous, they always dissapoint. Get a midfielder instead.

Ryder for me I think. Ryder and maybe Nic Nat depending on game time estimates.

TommyC

Quote from: Trindacut on July 13, 2018, 05:41:17 AM

Never pick a No. 1 ruckman from the year previous, they always dissapoint. Get a midfielder instead.

Im not sold on Ryder but I did start Nic Nat this year and will consider him for next year.

Ringo

Quote from: TommyC on July 13, 2018, 10:58:49 AM
Quote from: Trindacut on July 13, 2018, 05:41:17 AM

Im not sold on Ryder but I did start Nic Nat this year and will consider him for next year.
Depending on prices will start 1 of Gawn, Grundy or Martin and then asses second ruck.

RaisyDaisy

Barring injury I can't see a reason why Gawn or Grundy will slow down

Set and forget a real option next year

Instead of saving money by getting Goldy, Stef etc I think I'd rather do that in the mids because there will be sub 550k mids who are much better chances of turning into elite than there will be rucks

The midfield is more forgiving because there's 8 spots but not having the outright top two rucks has certainly cost me a lot this year

Thankful Goldy has turned it around but he still isn't anywhere near Gawn and Grundy

Long way to go before now and Round 1 though

SilverLion

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 13, 2018, 07:28:09 PM

Instead of saving money by getting Goldy, Stef etc I think I'd rather do that in the mids because there will be sub 550k mids who are much better chances of turning into elite than there will be rucks

The midfield is more forgiving because there's 8 spots but not having the outright top two rucks has certainly cost me a lot this year

Thankful Goldy has turned it around but he still isn't anywhere near Gawn and Grundy

Agree that theres not much point picking guys like Stef, Goldy etc. based on this year, but I could see merit in picking two cheap-ish rucks (ala Sandi/Witts last year) which would allow people to upgrade to Gawn/Grundy/other rising super prem later in the year.

Of course, there has to be viable cheap-ish rucks to make that a possibility.

Trindacut

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 13, 2018, 07:28:09 PM

Goldy is a good example of a semi-inexplicable drop off.